CMON Contest Question

Thread: CMON Contest Question

Default CMON Contest Question

What is the time deadline for Cmon11? It ends January 31st, but is that at the end of the day of Jan. 31st or the beginning?

I ask because I misread the dates, and thought it ended on the 15th of February. If I have all day tomorrow (the 31st) I may be able to squeak an entry in at the last minute.

And if it\'s midnight Jan. 31 (which I hope it is), then what time zone?

My guess is the last time zone in the world to change then to Feb 1st. You should be safe if you enter it by 12 pm your zone, but you could pm borg to see.

Are you sure? I am GMT -6 (midwest United States) which means at noon, it would still be 6AM GMT.

I think. I don\'t really know, but that\'s my understanding of how it works.

Actually... yeah, that makes sense. For sure, at 11:59pm Jan 31st here, it would at least still be 9:59pm Jan 31st on the west coast. If the last time zone to change were to be the deadline, then I know for sure at midnight my time, the deadline has not yet passed, as it is not yet Feb. 1st at least somewhere for sure.

So it would follow that I would have until probably 6am or so my time. Though, to be safe, I would probably post well before midnight. Plus, it seems a little cheesy to post an entry 6 hours after the deadline in my timezone passes, just because it isn\'t yet midnight somewhere else.