Computer games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer games

Default Computer games

Hey, I just got a new computer, a WHOLE lot better than my old one (pretty much top of the line) so I need some new computer games. My old one couldnt do anything, except the occasional rts, (it didn\'t even have a place to install a video card!) but this one can do anything. I\'m very happy. Any suggestions on games to get? I have DOW, Company of Heroes, Age of Empires (who doesn\'t) and a couple of really old games from my computer before the computer before this one! (Sim City 2000- my computers to fast for it) so yeah, any suggestions?

sg2009

Originally posted by Necroghast

Age of Empires (who doesn\'t)
    me lol

If you don\'t already have them on a console, Fallout 3 and Bioshock.

I recommend Spore as well, though it wasn\'t nearly as good as all the hype promised. If you like strategy I\'ve heard Sins of a Solar Empire is the best since Master of Orion.

If you have lots of PC time there are always the MMOs, WoW being the most popular, though I personally found Warhammer Online and Lord of the Rings Online better.

A great place to check is www.gamerankings.com This is a meta ranking site that takes video game rankings from all kinds of different sites and combines them into one overall rating with links back to all the original reviews. This is what I use when I pick up a new console so I know what the must have games are.

You might like Black and White 2. You get the benefits of an RTS like Age of Empires but with the added ability to do as you please with your followers, like throw them into a fire or toss them into water and watch them drown (which is very entertaining), and you get to control a giant pet monster to carry out other deeds for you.

I like games with lots of guns ...

I also dont have Age of Empires..

My fav pc games is Tony Hawk 3, its AMAZING!!

Alex

Fallout 3 is good but it still doesn\'t quite beat Oblivion in my book. If you like RTS games then you can\'t really go wrong with the Total War series.

I got bored waiting for Imperial total war to be released (especially as it\'s now been pushed back to March :mad: ) so I went and bought myself Fable on budget this afternoon. So far I\'ve managed to claw my way up the hero ranks from \"Chicken Chaser\" to \"Arseface\" lol

Blog Entries

Civilization, Sins of a Solar Empire, Supreme Commander are all good strategy games. Empire Earth.

Originally posted by sg2009

me lol
    D\'ACCORD

me lol
    Moi aussi!

(Sim City 2000- my computers to fast for it)
    You might need to patch it to get it to work on faster hardware. Far as I know from reading the forums you can get it to work on monster rigs.

A few suggestions:
    Call Of Duty 4
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    World Of Goo
    Dead Space
    Spore
    Left For Dead

Einion

call of duty, world at war is good fun

hl2 amust

bioshock is pretty

and the stalker series is great

Thanks for the suggestions. SOme of those look pretty good. I thought everyone had age of empires! How can you not have age of empires?

Originally posted by Einion
    me lol
    Moi aussi!
    Ich auch! :D

me lol
    ............me.:D There\'s a trumpet that just NEVER stops blowing......a friend of mine has that game and I want to put a hammer through it after hearing him play for a while.

Any of the Battlefield series - BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF2142

RTS - any of the Command and Conquer/Red Alert series - Too many to name
    Supreme Commander is turning out to be pretty cool also. Also an RTS.

Fallout 3.

Best. Game. Ever.

I found Oblivion dull as ditch water, but I\'ve taken to blowing Super Mutant\'s heads off like a duck to water :D

buy oblivion, and go here
    http://www.tesnexus.com/
    but be prepared for a mod to screw up your game(happened to me) but in the forums people are very helpful(in the mod truobleshooting section at least)
    but if you get it to work, its the best thing youll ever find
    also
    cod 4
    crysis

Fallout 3 is a top game... the only problem is it gives me a sort of travel sickness, which is a bitch really as I can only manage about 10-15 mins a time :possessed::drool:

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Fallout 3.

Best. Game. Ever.

I found Oblivion dull as ditch water, but I\'ve taken to blowing Super Mutant\'s heads off like a duck to water :D
    I\'m glad it\'s not just me who failed to be gripped by Oblivion. Maybe it\'d be better on a higher-powered pc, but even if it was faster, I think it\'d still struggle to pull me in. There\'s just no urgency to it. You could do this big questy thing they what you to do! Or you could piss away your time wandering round the countryside and being subjected to random encounters that NEVER get any easier. Comes a point when I want to win a bit. Not be taken to the cleaners by fish regardless of my level.

lol

me neither I\'m afraid :D :beer:

Hmm looks like I should get Fallout 3.

fallout 3 has a nexus like the one i linked
    for mods n such
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/top.php
    thats the top 50 files on there