Sigvald

Thread: Sigvald

Default Sigvald

Well, after many short Sunday-only painting sessions it is finally done! I am very happy with this figure. I think it is my best so far. I really pushed myself with the non-metallic metals and reflections - something I enjoy doing a lot and never thought it could get this complex!

After I read the background story of Sigvald, I got some better ideas for the painting scheme and the base. Aside from the extremely reflective armor (so that he can always look at and admire himself) he also hovers an inch above the ground, and the powers of Chaos shift the terrain around him to create a path. I tried to represent this by having rocks and dirt \"moving\" up to form a sort of bridge over a lava flow, as well as a Slaanesh symbol formed in lava on the ground. I put a few extra highlights on the ground beneath him to show that he\'s sort of glowing.

I want to thank everyone in the forums for their kind words, encouragement and helpful advice. I appreciate every comment!

You can vote here if you would be so kind :)

-Matt

not a huge fan of the this mini but yours looks... AWESOME. Definitely a 10

That right shoulder pad really really (really) looks like polished metal, and I have no idea how you could do that. Great atmosphere and that freehand on the cloak is spotless.

Finally there/
    I enjoyed the WIP every step of the way and definitely enjoy seeing him finished. Another 10 from me for sure, and it\'s gonna go in my fav too.
    Congrats :beer:

Blog Entries

I think this could very well be a fave for me as well. Spot-on man, he looks every bit as handsome and evil as he\'s supposed to.

I dig the shield, great work! Did you feather the blade? It looks excellent.

This is the best I\'ve seen the Sigvald model look yet. Really great stuff. Congratulations on an amazing paintjob!
    :beer:

I\'m not going to lie, he looks compleatly bitchin\'!!!

Alex

Thanks you guys :)

@Alien: The blade was wet blended, all the rest of the model was feathered.

-Matt

Jakob Nielsen

Fantastic mini. Really pleasing to the eye.

The base, however, looks a little rushed. The hovering effect looks good (I cannot see where he is attached!) but the drybrushed ground could have been done with a little more care.

I wish you would have based him to the plinth instead of inserting the gaming base - that would really add an extra edge to this overall GREAT mini. A sure 10 - even with the base included.

Originally posted by mattsterbenz

Well, after many short Sunday-only painting sessions it is finally done! I am very happy with this figure. I think it is my best so far.

-Matt
    Aye, I think it is as well mate.
    Like how you gave it a narrative and linked it to the fluff and his background.

Also like the fact that he\'s on a gaming base. That\'s what I do with a lot of mine, as my better pieces are still gaming figures, (although not quite up to this standard lol )

The shield is amazing.
    The rest of the mini, well, my definition of the word \"amazing\" has been blasted and warped into a whole new level.

Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    Thanks you guys :)

@Alien: The blade was wet blended, all the rest of the model was feathered.

-Matt

When you feather do use just water or any drying retardant?

Thanks a bunch guys!! :)

I posted a new voting link because I forgot to include a frontal shot of the shield. I\'ll delete the one with the lower score (I hate to have to post the same mini twice)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/213417

@Alien: just water. :)

-Matt

Matt, i bow before before a true master of the brush :beer:

Threads like these make me sad :(

Outstanding work there Matt, incredible.