Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Thread Full of Stuff

Blog Entries

Default DFB's Thread Full of Stuff - Nurgle Warriors

Thought I keep everything tidy and put all my stuff inside this thread.

Here is the latest project, its a Wolfen Brushpot I have just started. Detailing is halfway completed on one side of the face now and I hope to have this guy finished by Friday. This is about 1hr 50 minutes worth of work getting the shape roughed in ready for smoothing and detailing.

Last edited by dogfacedboy uk1; 08-17-2010 at 10:15 AM.

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

what have you been using for the glass pot? is it a washed spice container or something?

how many baking stages do you work in and did you use any kind or armature (foil or wire) for any protrusions (ears, nose, etc)?

Blog Entries

Schwartz spice jars are what I have been using for these guys. Baking stages for the lizardman were two stages -teeth, claws and a base to sculpt on and then final stage. I will do this wolfen in two stages also, final stage will be fur onto the baked sculpey face. The goblin was just the one stage. No armatures were used or bulking out, just solid sculpey. It all depends on the design really whether or not i use wire/ foil.

Blog Entries

Here are some more photos - one side finished, just gotta sculpt the fur on the back of the head and the other side then finally add the dreaded teeth in!!

Comments welcome.

Its a great sculpt, but personally I think the proportions on the snout are slightly smaller than they should be. The snout is long and slender, more like that of a stylized rat, while a wolf would have a bit more broad of a snout and be a bit shorter. That said it may just need some teeth and gums in there to really make it look correct.

The detail work is amazing though... The ear is well done... More pictures from the front may help to show the proportion a bit better as you proceed.

I dont know if ill ever understand how you get from that first pic to the last one... I just need to practice i guess... well done

Blog Entries

Originally posted by TaurenMoo
    Its a great sculpt, but personally I think the proportions on the snout are slightly smaller than they should be. The snout is long and slender, more like that of a stylized rat, while a wolf would have a bit more broad of a snout and be a bit shorter. That said it may just need some teeth and gums in there to really make it look correct.

The detail work is amazing though... The ear is well done... More pictures from the front may help to show the proportion a bit better as you proceed.
    Thanks for the comments - always appreciate constructive critisism. Now I did wonder through doing this sculpt why it looked ratish. I thought, well the hood looks like what a skaven would wear and left it at that. You may be right about the teeth making a difference ( I am sculpting these at the moment and then I will post final pictures) but we shall see. Bear in mind this is a werewolf and so artistic licence is allowed with proportions but I found some wolf pictures to look at for an idea..

http://7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/Angry_Wolves/2-howling-wolves.jpg

You will note that the snout is roughly equal to the top of the skull in length. mine is about the same but obviously as you said it is more slender so looks rattish i guess. The ears by the way I always sculpt longer than I want them when doing pointy ones - I can then select the length and pinch off what I don\'t want. They look better now.

Backstabbeth - Hehehe, didn\'t you know the crappier it looks at the start the better it turns out LOL. Watch some of those speeded up videos of paintings by a decent artist. Its very interesting to watch them work and they usually start off looking like a right old shitty mess lol before the astounding picture reveals itself.

Blog Entries

Here\'s the semi final photo of the completed wolfen sculpt. Not 100% happy with the upper teeth so i may adjust these if anyone else agrees that they dont look that great. The final photos for my cmon gallery will be taken when i get some good daylight and I will post a link for voting. This should look pretty sweet on my work bench (Im keeping this one!) and I will post pictures when I have painted it.

Darn! I was slightly hoping that this one\'d get the ebay treatment too! :~( He\'s come out really well. I\'m not sure if he\'s supposed to be snarling? If he is, I\'d have thought his muzzle should be a lil more wrinkled up. But if he\'s just supposed to have his mouth open then it looks fine.

Blog Entries

LOL Amazon. You got the last one at a snip at least - has it arrived yet?

I will be posting the new one possibly tonight or tomorrow. The roughing in is nearly done. This one will be for sale snd it s gonna be bigger than normal taking up the full length of the jar and beyond shall we say, I am considering buying a mega sculpey pack from the polymerclaypit.co.uk as I have a feeling I will be getting through this sculpey pretty quickly.

Not yet, although I\'ve high hopes for tomorrow! I blame Deutsche Post - they can be surprisingly laggardly at times.

Blog Entries

Ok, been working a little on the wizard and here is a photo of it in progress, most of it is roughed in and I will be refining shape and beginning the texturing tomorrow.I will be sculpting a big hat for this dude as well and a nice pointy beard.

that pointy beard will be the work of a genious!

Great stuff DFB.
    Loving seeing this stuff coming together.

nice start, maybe this should be in the wip section, as it is a wip?

Blog Entries

Okay, final photo of the wolfen with the adjusted teeth can be seen here....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/214868

Blog Entries

Okay, final photo of the wolfen with the adjusted teeth can be seen here....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/214868

Hope you like it, votes and comments are appreciated. I just gotta paint it now, hmmmmpph.

My only comment is about the way the jaws open. The upper jaw looks like it is moving up slightly, but this looks odd because dogs can\'t move their upper jaw, only their lower jaw.

Thats all though, i love the fur, its great\"

Alex