Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Thread Full of Stuff

Disco orks? Or a 40K version of the Scissor Sisters? :-O
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Blog Entries

Well Meph, orks would be funny but I better concentrate on my serious stuff first lol and god knows there is enough of that before I start mucking about!!!

To do:-

Ork Defcopter
    Ork boyz
    Ork Trukk

Thuggorre bust (i will start when rat bust is done)

Redo my pirate ogre (quick job on the skin and base)

Howling Griffon Space Marine army - chock load of models to do for this!!

2xbikes
    finish attackbike
    landspeeder
    rhino
    terminator weapon arms and magnets
    commander
    scouts
    blah
    blah

you get the picture lol.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Blog Entries

Just to add another project, I found out a mortar thing with a couple of goblins, didn't know whether it was 40k or what so after looking on the website it is indeed a 40K Ork Lobba. After ripping the model to bits to rebuild decently I realised that GW also have an ork zappa and an ork cannon. The obvious thing to do here is to magnetize this little puppy and build my own zappa and cannon to go with it so whoever buys it has all three options in one model.

I kill myself.

dfb

ps anyone want a Badmoon ork army lol?

My Gallery Here

lol See you in a year or two then! (but don't forget to paint progress pics in the mean time)
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

And I thought I had a lot to paint.....oh dear sir, good luck with it all

dont forget your sculpting job also mr dog

[penfold] crumbs, chief! [/penfold]

That's a fine example of orkiness you have there. And a good deal further on than mine The yellow is especially nice, and the rusty boots catch the eye, too. I'm gonna have to seriously get my bum in gear to get my entry done in time to compete with this. Jolly good show

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    [penfold] crumbs, chief! [/penfold]

That's a fine example of orkiness you have there. And a good deal further on than mine The yellow is especially nice, and the rusty boots catch the eye, too. I'm gonna have to seriously get my bum in gear to get my entry done in time to compete with this. Jolly good show
    Ah yes, I too have to get on with it as I have a week less than you - being on holiday from 19th isn't helpful to my cause lol. I do get back on the final day of submission though and I could take my paints with me to Wales....hmmm..

Good luck with your entry mate!!!

SkelS, ahhh yess indeed

I will be taking the orc warlord with me on hols to sculpt for sure, the ork warboss will come as well if needs be, although I think I can do it. just...

dfb

My Gallery Here

Blog Entries

Lucky I have a decent camera on this swanky new phone of mine - it can do decent mini pictures yay!! And it even has less pixels than my big camera. I guess this means I can do more WIP photos as well as the process is alot easier now. I will see if there is a photobucket app to, that will speed things up even more.... Anyway here are a few more pics.....

I have started on doing the metallic edges along the rust, only a few minutes ago though lol, just spotted some blue on the banner, doh! I think the light is catching the hair on the bannerpole a bit funny, but it is pretty close to real life. Lots of work, I did the base in fimo today, just got to stick rocks to it and gravel etc and spray it up ready.

When the boss is done and I get the mek finished, I think I might tackle that little lobba project next. Ohhh magnets.......

dfb
    Last edited by dogfacedboy uk1; 09-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.

My Gallery Here

Lookin' good, love the crustiness of the metal. Suits you sir, suits you!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Very nice rust effect, but a bit too much. I would not expect so much rust especially on the moving parts, like the mechanik for the claw.

Nice going DFB. I really like the holsters and the yellow.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments people. I really have to push it now as I only have a week left and thats only if I take it on holiday with me, otherwise 3 evenings worth of painting. The base is still a lump of mushroom shapped fimo ready for the application of some polyfilla rocks, sand and grit.

Meph - I knew being able to paint thick and crusty and powdery had an advantage for something lol!

Crackpot - I hear what you are saying, I completed the edging of the metallics on the rust after these photos but I didn't change it to make it look like it works too much, inside the claw there is more boltgun metal, so hopefully thats enough to make it look like it would realistically work. But then this is fantasy so sometime suspending believability is okay!!! Do you think it detracts from the mini? I would be interested in peoples opinions on whether a lack of realism spoils a miniature or not. For me I always suspend belief quite a bit, so long as it looks cool and is well done I don't mind if people go a little crazy with their creations, but others may not think so??? Opinions please!!!!

Stewsayer - glad you like the holsters, I have to do the stitching and the tassle bit around the edge to finish, but the rest of it is done. I tried to achieve a dusty worn leather look to them. Its not how I envisioned it but close enough.

dfb

Maybe more photos tonight, maybe not....

My Gallery Here

Broke n English

Love the yellows, and the beltplate and boots are both naughty On the realism issue I'd say I fall into the the wacky camp, nothing can really detract from the 'someone's painted that!' feeling I still get anytime I see something new ^^

real nice rusted metal DFB. looking real good.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Blog Entries

Thanks Broke & Tee. No photos as am very busy this evening getting ready to go to Wales!! I still slipped in some work on the model though, did the base ready to be undercoated black in the morning when the PVA is dryed out, chainmail highlighting on the boltgun metal I edged the rust with and on the boot toe caps, bit on the teeth and started the skin - black and blue washes down ready to lay down some foundation yellow on the uppermost surfaces where the highlights are going and thats pretty much it. I will be taking it to Wales with me, but as to the competition, the deadline will be tight, and I will be doing the photography on the final day.

I spent some time today thinking of some fluff for my fantasy worlds that my creations will inhabit. I have had some ideas since last year, but I still have not jotted them down. Might be time to start doing that to keep my activity flowing. Battlefield 3 is here and whilst I will be playing it, I dont want to be distracted too much by it - I have a lot to paint!!!

dfb

My Gallery Here

Looking very nice there. As has been mentioned, the rust effects are very good, particularly (i think) the yellowish rust on the tops of his boots. Any chance of a tutorial on that at some point, pretty please? (not right now, obviously - you're clearly a busy man at the mo.)

Anway - enjoy Wales, try not to fall into any rifts in time and space while you're there, and best of luck with getting the mini done in time for the compo.

stevey293

Again love the rust and i second a tutorial request please.

Enjoy wales. Did you pack the velcro gloves and wellys with two foot holes one big one small hole?

Ow yeah, a recipe for the crust would be nice!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I think there is a tutorial on rust in here in the articles section already. I will look it over to see if I can offer anything new. However pictures would have to wait until I begin on the defcopter and I wasn't planning to make that excessively rusty, the orc trukk will be getting lots of treatment though!!

Now I have my all singing and dancing HTC Sensation I will still be able to keep up with the forum and possibly post some photos from the caravan if I can get a good signal lol. The base is sprayed and ready, this was the main worry but I stayed up until 3.00 am pottering around getting it ready and preparing the bits of plastic card to make the display base details. If I don't finish the display base, its no big problem, but I'd like to make sure it at least has a gaming base lol......

And, errrrr - I appear to have been jumped by a 12 year old fanboy, can somebody peel him off my back, he's biting my ears........ (spins around in frustration trying to shake him off)

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/v...c236b3afb35ffc

some people eh lol.....

dfb
    Last edited by dogfacedboy uk1; 09-19-2011 at 05:49 AM.

My Gallery Here