VMC Pallette Questions

Thread: VMC Pallette Questions

Default VMC Pallette Questions

I\'m wondering which Natural colors are best for the Mouth/Lips?

And which colors are used for SE-NMM?

All replies appreciated. Thanks.

:cool: Spiff

For lips I find it best to paint them the same color as the rest of the skin, and then use a very light glaze or two of a red brown color (such as Dark Flesh). If you use too intense of a color then your figure will look like a clown or harlot. :)

-Matt

unless of course you want it to look like a clown or harlot :D

check out the tutorials section at The Jenova Project some good recipes for all NMM

Originally posted by Paintman Spiff
    I\'m wondering which Natural colors are best for the Mouth/Lips?
    Depends on the skintone.
    Originally posted by Paintman Spiff
    And which colors are used for SE-NMM?
    Depends on taste.

As far as physically doing either is concerned depends on what\'s in the person\'s paint collection!

Einion

check out the tutorials section at The Jenova Project some good recipes for all NMM

That\'s a link for GW colors; good site, yet still helpful. I\'d done some additional browsing, and found a colabrative link: http://colors.silicon-dragons.com/shades/shades.php
    I apologize about my earlier reply.:redface: Any other SE-NMM pallettes would be appreciated (Ral Partha, GW, Rackham, P3, Reaper, etc).

donga666

They use a bunch of different paints,

http://www.brushthralls.com/index.php

Equivalents are very easy to work out!

Default Chrome.

Hi, I\'m presently painting a mini with the SE NMM effect. The colours I\'m using are VMC Azure for the sky and a grey brown for the earth. Something like Scorched Brown with some Codex Grey added. These are good colours to use for this effect. However any colours would work, as long as you get the horizon line in the right place. Happy painting!