Slaanesh Hero

Thread: Slaanesh Hero

Default Slaanesh Hero

I\'m currently working on my slaanesh hero for WHFB. But i\'m stuck with a face that looks like crap and i\'m not sure where to go with the sword.

I\'m thinking of ripping the head of and replace it with the original Crom the conquerer head. I think i painted the face with too thick colors from the start, and now if i try smoothing them out it will just end up in a huge mess. The tip of the horns are already quite clogged with paint. And i just can\'t fit the eys correct, even if i use the smallest fine detail brush..

About the sword then. I was thinking to keep the blade black, with just hard white edges and then give it a few layers of hard coat to give it a shiny glass look.

Any tips and comments on how to save this are most welcome.

http://blog.coolminiornot.com/Jamaica%20Slim/note/1195/slaanesh-hero-grots-with-a-kanon.html

Originally posted by Jamaica Slim
    I\'m currently working on my slaanesh hero for WHFB. But i\'m stuck with a face that looks like crap and i\'m not sure where to go with the sword.

I\'m thinking of ripping the head of and replace it with the original Crom the conquerer head. I think i painted the face with too thick colors from the start, and now if i try smoothing them out it will just end up in a huge mess. The tip of the horns are already quite clogged with paint. And i just can\'t fit the eys correct, even if i use the smallest fine detail brush..

About the sword then. I was thinking to keep the blade black, with just hard white edges and then give it a few layers of hard coat to give it a shiny glass look.

Any tips and comments on how to save this are most welcome.

http://blog.coolminiornot.com/Jamaica%20Slim/note/1195/slaanesh-hero-grots-with-a-kanon.html
    Looks pretty good! Thinning the paint on your palette would definitely help in not only your transition from a light to a dark but to get a smooth finish. The purple and black go well together and keep within the slaanesh scheme. Also a small amount of a dark blue can also help to add a midtone to the black.

I can\'t stress enough to thin your paint. Do you use a wet palette or paint palette?

I use a paint palette, and most of the time i add a small amount (what\'s left in a brush after dipping it in water and giving it a quick wipe off on some paper tissue) of water into the paint. Usually i get too much or as in most cases too little.

I tried giving the face a devlan mud wash last night, and got a fairly nice result, smoothing out some of the roughness. I\'ll see if i can add a pic or two.

Hadn\'t thought of the dark blue added to the black. I\'ll try that as well.

Thanks for the input.