Some of you may remember a while back I posted a WIP of this guy.
The full WIP can be found here.
Spring is in the air and after a long winter sculpting it seemed fitting to finally honour the Emperor and get some paint on his loyal subject. :D
Due to the complexity of the model I decided to keep it in various sub-assemblies to aid painting. The parts were primed with a general automotive grey primer. I gave each piece several coats and once totally dry, the parts were wet sanded with 600 and 800 grit wet and dry paper. This ensured a good clean and smooth surface. When the parts were cleaned and dry I once again primed the parts, this time with the awesome japanese Gunze Sangyo Mr Surfacer 1200. This either comes as a spraycan or in a jar. I prefer the jar as I can thin it and apply with an airbrush for a really nice silky finish.
Some real painting next. :)