Gamezone miniatures
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamezone miniatures

Default Gamezone miniatures

I\'m looking into Gamezone miniatures and I was wondering if anyone has positive (or negative) comments about their miniatures? They look incredibly well sculpted but I would like to know what kind of material its made of and how their postage/shipping is \'n stuff.. anything else I need to know? :)

Btw. I\'m talking about their homepage (which is closer to home).

Thanks.

I too am curious. So far, I\'ve heard that they\'re lovely but sods to put together.

I bought some of the vampire knights not too long ago.....

The detail of the sculpts are fantastic IMO, the real downside is the terrible casting! On a couple of the mini\'s, there are gaps of up to 2mm, which doesnt sound too bad but on a 28mm model its quite sloppy on their part :(

Despite that though, I will probably buy from them again :beer:

I three am curious. They must be hard to put together, or terrible in some other way. The models look so nice they would have taken over the world by now otherwise.

Sorry, nothing constructive to add but I\'ll keep an eye on your (hopefully) more illuminating responses.

Zach

I\'ve ordered direct from them several times over the last 2 years, and I\'ve had a problem with every order.
    The sculpts are great and aS LONG AS YOU\'VE GOT SOME BASIC PUTTY SKILLS YOU CAN PATCH UP THE DEFECTS IN THE MULTIPARTS, ALTHOUGH AGREED, THEY ARE A COMPETE PAIN IN THE ARSE TO ASSEMBLE. iN TERms (ooops, excuse the caps) of the quality of the casting, I\'ve never had any problems. it\'s more a question of poor design.
    On the whole, they\'re great minis, but if you order direct, expect sloppy customer service, super slow delivery, and possible problems with missing pieces from the blisters, best bet is to order through a middleman.
    Shame really, GAMEZONE, if you\'re out there, get your finger out yer arse and get it sorted, I\'d buy more from you if you weren\'t so damn sloppy:flame:
    As a side note, anyone know the story behind the two web sites, one German, one Spanish?

Originally posted by Springbok
    I bought some of the vampire knights not too long ago.....

The detail of the sculpts are fantastic IMO, the real downside is the terrible casting! On a couple of the mini\'s, there are gaps of up to 2mm, which doesnt sound too bad but on a 28mm model its quite sloppy on their part :(

Despite that though, I will probably buy from them again :beer:
    aye ditto. amazing character and competitive prices but very sloppy casting (if it weren\'t for the casting, they WOULD have taken over the world!)

only bought from them at shows no nor real probs ordering.

I\'ve ordered direct from them several times over the last 2 years, and I\'ve had a problem with every order.
    The sculpts are great and aS LONG AS YOU\'VE GOT SOME BASIC PUTTY SKILLS YOU CAN PATCH UP THE DEFECTS IN THE MULTIPARTS, ALTHOUGH AGREED, THEY ARE A COMPETE PAIN IN THE ARSE TO ASSEMBLE. iN TERms (ooops, excuse the caps) of the quality of the casting, I\'ve never had any problems. it\'s more a question of poor design.
    On the whole, they\'re great minis, but if you order direct, expect sloppy customer service, super slow delivery, and possible problems with missing pieces from the blisters, best bet is to order through a middleman.
    Shame really, GAMEZONE, if you\'re out there, get your finger out yer arse and get it sorted, I\'d buy more from you if you weren\'t so damn sloppy
    As a side note, anyone know the story behind the two web sites, one German, one Spanish?
    Tsk, those Germans eh? Terribly disorganised lot, as a rule! :rolleyes:

The three I have bought, all bad castings in the sense that the joints are horrible with large gaps. I found the metal for pewter was really hard, made clean up hard. I got fed up with them and tossed them in a box not to be seen again.

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    The three I have bought, all bad castings in the sense that the joints are horrible with large gaps. I found the metal for pewter was really hard, made clean up hard. I got fed up with them and tossed them in a box not to be seen again.
    Jeff PM me the details, maybe we can trade or something? Even maybe money for GZ mini\'s.

GZ mini\'s.... I have about a dozen. They are beautiful until you put them together. The Goblin ball and chain guys are actually impossible to use as game pieces as is. I think you could move them about 8 ft from your paint desk before they fall apart under their own weight from the way they are sculpted. I had to rig up some paperclip supports and now they look pretty stupid.

All the mini\'s have required a lot of work. If you\'re skilled then it\'s probably not that bad. I am not, and a 2mm gap as has been pointed out in 28mm scale is ridiculous.

If I was the sulptor for that range I would be furious at they way they are being sold.

So too sum up I think they\'re incredibly difficult to put together, but SOOO very beautiful I think they\'re OK. It\'s a toss up though.

If possible I\'d try one and see if it\'s acceptable by your standards assembly wise.

I have heard the same thing with their stuff, they fall apart easy.

Like all mini\'s they will have lemons now and again.
    I\'ve just bought a couple of copies of the Invicta Gloria and the dry fit was good but not perfect. I can see where the need for some pro-create will be used.
    However the overall quality is decent, with very little pitting.
    The Leonora Vampire I got at the same time isn\'t quite as good however its nowhere as bad as some of the small scale manufacturers. It\'ll paint up fine, lets face it nothing really beats a sexed up Vampire.

As for the sales treatment cannot complain. Ordered the figures at 08:30, by 08:40 I had an acknowledgement of the order and by 09:00 I got the notification that they were in the post.

As for the sales treatment cannot complain. Ordered the figures at 08:30, by 08:40 I had an acknowledgement of the order and by 09:00 I got the notification that they were in the post.

Have to say, I ordered mine from the the German website & had them within the week

@ all:
    according to one of the owners of my LGS, Gamezone is a spanish company.

as far as quality goes : Haven´t heard much complain from anyone at the LGS, and the owner sold a lot of them and assembled them all for the shop´s display case and he never mentioned anything about them being harder to assemble as the privateer press or essex miniatures he sales.

@Amazone warrior: That´s not a question of organisation, that´s simply german customer service... no matter why you call , no matter what you want, as a customer you´re automatically seen as stupid and annoying - at least that´s my experience

Gamezone= great figures, lots of detail but the multi parts are sometimes quite shocking with the fitting together. I have quite a few pieces and some of the gaps are really quite large and will need alot of work with putty to fix, the worse ones I have are the Dark Elven lizard riders.
    I love alot of their stuff but am reluctant to get any more because of the amount of work needed just to get them ready for painting.

Default No time for poor casting!

Hi,

I took a look at the Gamezone minis and think they have some really nice sculpts. The only problem is, after reading this thread and another one where the poor casting issues of this co. came up, I\'m really not going to bother purchasing any of their stuff. If there\'s one thing I hate it\'s bad casting of minis!! It\'s such a time waster to be filling gaps and spending countless hours prepping a mini just to find there\'s a mold line over the eyeball or something. It\'s like chainmail. I hate it! And purposefully don\'t buy minis with it on them. Such a prick to paint! I\'d rather buy a nice simple Hasslefree or Steve Buddle mini. They really make life easier and enjoyable for us guys who just paint for the sheer joy of it. Just my few NT...

What I was trying to ask before was, why does a Spanish company, Gamezone, have a duplicate German website, (which on all accounts works better than the Spanish one they used to have but is now under construction)?
    I ordered and had problems with the Spanish site. Everything was eventually sorted out , it just took a long time and a lot of patience.
    Iguess I could try using the German one next time, but it seems daft as I\'m based in Spain.:rolleyes:

Thank you everybody. I\'m first gonna order 1 miniature before getting more ideas for diorama\'s and/or buying more stuff.

My sculpting skills aren\'t very good but I think I should be able to fill gaps and stuff.

Any more comments appreciated:)

Originally posted by Farin
    @Amazone warrior: That´s not a question of organisation, that´s simply german customer service... no matter why you call , no matter what you want, as a customer you´re automatically seen as stupid and annoying - at least that´s my experience
    I was mostly being facetious about the German efficiency thing! ;) But yes, that really does tally up with my experiences of customer service over here too. At last! One thing that Germany is worse at than the UK! :rolleyes:

True about PP\'s minis too. Some of the ones I have are sods. That and how expensive they are (and some of the recent boick Circle sculpts) makes me question how much I want to continue buying them. That and I know nobody who plays, and I ask myself what the point is.