If You Had to Lose Most of Your Minis... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Had to Lose Most of Your Minis...

Hmmmmm, what to part with, well I have some old essex 25mm historic stuff that I would gladly get rid of, loads of essex medivals an Indian Ancients army and some of their early fantasy stuff all of this I would gladly get shot of tomorrow as it is taking up garage space for other stuff.

The rest of my mini\'s though will go to the grave with me, if she loved me she would understand otherwise is she really worth it?

When I bought my first house I sold all my camera equipment so I could buy furniture but my mini collection remained untouched :D

the couple of minis i have that others have painted and given as gifts.
    no way i\'m going to part with them.

as for the rest, meh, i paint enough of other peoples to keep me satisfied.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

My display shelf full of minis painted by my friends.

A few character minis from D&D.

The rest could go, but that is a lot of lead and white metal.

If I was in a money crunch, I\'d probably do OK on ebay.

If it was a space crunch (downsizing homes, etc.) I\'d give them to my daughter so that they can carry on playing with them. (Some I\'ll start doing that with pretty soon anyway).

hmmm...I\'d be happy to lose/sell anything I have hobby wise under the right circumstances, but I\'d least like to lose those gd entries I have ready for this year, but haven\'t posted up here for that very reason. It\'d irk me that I didn\'t know how they would have done if they had been entered.

Failing that, maybe my dwarf would be last to go (gotta sort out the pics)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/203501

The Slaneesh Lord on Carnosaur over any other piece I have!

Neil

My Ral Parthas would be the last to go, I think. You may take my life, but you can never take......MY BARIAUR! (Or my Lady of Pain.)

The last to go for me would be a following:

trollblood axer, PP
    Tanath (the one horned), confrontation
    Dai bakemonos, confrontation
    Minotaur, confrontation (the one that has been out of print forever)
    all my ilyad vorag barbarians
    my hell dorado minis too

The thought of losing these minis scares me. It is giving me grey hair.

Originally posted by Amazon warrior
    My Ral Parthas would be the last to go, I think. You may take my life, but you can never take......MY BARIAUR! (Or my Lady of Pain.)
    Ahhhh, a fellow RP enthusiast!

As I still have a metric ton of unpainted minis, it would be most of those probably. Definitely keeping my collection of painted female commissars...

Originally posted by lizcam
    I actually HAD to give up half my minis in the divorce and it wasn\'t pleasant. we actually sat down and said \"which of these two do you want?\" In pairs with every mini we had.
    Hahaha, that\'s a problem I won\'t ever have with my partner. In a divorce where she fleeced me down to the shirt on my back, she would still insist the minis go with me.

I don\'t have a huge amount of attachment to many of the figures I\'ve got. However, as it got me a finalist pin and a green sticker in the Open category at last year\'s GD, I reckon I\'ve become fairly attached to:

That mini looks, much better irl, you are rightfully proud of it!

From myself...in a nutshell...over my dead body to get ANY of my RPs sculpted by Dennis Mize. :cussing: ...unless given as a gift of sentiment. :cool:

If I could only keep one it would be the first GW mini I ever painted. It was for my daughter, then 5, who didn\'t want to be left out as her brothers got the WHFB set for Xmas. Oh, it was this

Now I\'ve painted (almost finished) my ninja goblin, there\'s nothing I\'d be gutted about not being able to paint. (That I can remember)
    Just don\'t take away my paints!

Originally posted by Paintman Spiff
    From myself...in a nutshell...over my dead body to get ANY of my RPs sculpted by Dennis Mize. :cussing: ...unless given as a gift of sentiment. :cool:
    Agree totally! Which is why I said MOST of my unpainted minis...those would not include my older RPs by Mr. Mize, and a few of my Darksword minis by him, also.

My angel of death. Unique sculpt and it has a lot of emotional worth. (it was epensive too:P)

Right now it would be the mini that represents my Living Forgoten Realms RPGA character Ragnar Packslayer, second would be the one representing my wife\'s RPGA character Garick Cartwright. Next would be a reaper Medusa mini I picked up that will be the main villain for my current 3.5 campaign. After that an old GW Ogre (which was recently brought up in another thread).

First to go: the total waste of money that was Creapy Freaks. Then the near waste of money that was Heroclix. Next the slightly less waste of money that is my Mechwarrior Collection. Next would probably be all the static models from early editions of Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Who needs 50 elves that all look the same these days?

For me it\'d be the gifted/painted exchange minis that are dearest to my heart. Then it would be my painted Bourbon Street Sophie. (I actually had this up for sale at one point with a good chunk of my collections and most of my non-commission painted stuff but it missed the reserve price) For some reason I\'m really attached to that one over everything else I\'ve ever painted to date.

Maya~

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    My dragons would be the last to go.
    Like there is any other choice?

I\'d probably have to keep my duel (the guy in my avatar) since I sculpted it and it means a lot to me :) But I don\'t think I could ever just toss out of any of my models, at least not the painted ones. The duel would be a fight to the death though, that\'s for sure lol

-Matt