Battle Thongs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Thongs?

Default Battle Thongs?

Okay, I know that our hobby is largely a hobby of fantasy and imagination. And I know that artists, sculptors in particular, have had a long history of rendering nude or nearly nude bodies as art. But when and why did our toy models of women start looking like they stepped out of a lingerie ad?

Some examples:
    Gretl von X from Incursion
    Viktoria - Sword Mistress
    A Reaper Ghost

I\'m as much a fan of women\'s bodies as the next guy (especially in light of the fact that I\'m married), but it does feel like we\'re being sold toys on the assumption that \"sex sells.\" I find it it kind of degrading. Does anyone else feel this way?

I agree, how come it\'s only the men that get to wear armour? I think if I was heading off to fight a big dragon dude, I\'d be wearing just a tad more than a bikini and thigh-high boots!

I usually play male characters in D&D because I find the scantily clad ladies somewhat inappropriate - I want my fighter to be armed to the teeth and clad in so much armour he can hardly walk! I have a few female figures, but the ones I choose are quite modest. The other girl in my campaign has a female character, and founf it so hard to find one that didn\'t look like a stripper that she painted her wearing a blue spandex thing like a superhero!

(btw, this is my first post here, so hi!) :beer:

yeah, that\'s really strange. I don\'t like it either. When my girlfriend see such a mini , she always points out, that those minis are made by freaks, who have no friends, sit in a window-less basement and have never got closer to a real woman than 25 metres lol (except their mama)

Sculpters know that we painters need to practise our skin tones.........End of story.

Welcome, Superfrogwoman!

Whereas I don\'t mind the scantily-clad minis, I was extremely happy when some manufacturers put minis out there where the women were completely clothed.

I think you\'ll find there are plenty of female minis out there that have the appropriate amount of clothes on.

Or off...depending on what you\'re looking for.

Croeso, wilkommen, bienvenue and welcome, to the CMoN forums :D

Those aren\'t thongs necessarily unless proven so with a rear view...:moon:

Because ... sex sells.

Yeah, like it or not, its the truth, and I even have a big house with lots of light and windows about, a happy wife and three well adjusted children, so obviously I\'m not stuck in a basement either.

lol

In all seriousness though, it is what it is, if its not to your liking, believe me, there are a ton of other options out there, clothed or unclothed, subtle or in your face.

I\'m not a huge fan of \'cheesecake\' minis.

But they\'ve been around as long as minis have been made, and will be as long as they continue to be made.

i\'m not a fan of the *many* of the \'tits out\' minis there are. it\'s one thing for barbarians (male and female) as they are trying to prove how fearless and hard they are

for knights etc. i see no reason why they wouldn\'t cover up. boobies that are flapping around would get in the way (considering the size of some of them, just running would be a problem!)

if you want armoured (and many unarmoured women), try hasslefree

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:beer:Welcome Superfrogwoman

I’m still fighting the double standard in nude or semi nude minis, but I’m just a female voice crying in the largely male wilderness.

other then Joan of Arc, were there other real women who rode as Knights??

Originally posted by wiccanpony

I’m still fighting the double standard in nude or semi nude minis, but I’m just a female voice crying in the largely male wilderness.

I got ya back, Donna! If there\'s going to be nekkidness, let it be gender-equal nekkidness! (Again, Hasslefree are good for that! ;):P)

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    ...when and why did our toy models of women start looking like they stepped out of a lingerie ad?
    June 6th, 1988; \'twas a warm day and, well, boys being boys...

Einion

Originally posted by freakinacage
    i\'m not a fan of the *many* of the \'tits out\' minis there are. it\'s one thing for barbarians (male and female) as they are trying to prove how fearless and hard they are

for knights etc. i see no reason why they wouldn\'t cover up. boobies that are flapping around would get in the way (considering the size of some of them, just running would be a problem!)

if you want armoured (and many unarmoured women), try hasslefree
    Actually, my wife and I really like the Tiriel figures they make for this exact reason. A feminine fighter that isn\'t resorting to sex. I know such figures exist; I just wish they were the norm instead of the surprising exception.

This topic (whenever and wherever it\'s brought up) always just brings to mind that episode of South Park where they get addicted to sniffing cat pee and get sent to a Fantasy land where everything is made of or decorated with boobs. Love it.

Originally posted by wiccanpony

Donna I can think of only a couple of Companies who do Male nudes, Foundry and Hasslefree. But I have to be honest although there is nothing wrong with the male physique, the female form has more pleasing architecture.

Donna look here.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    But when and why did our toy models of women start looking like they stepped out of a lingerie ad?
    When manufacturers realized that their target market was acne-plagued adolescent boys and adult comic-book fans/convention goers. :D

Oddly enough my wife only paints the women, and the scantily clad are among her favorite. :P

Originally posted by philologus
    Oddly enough my wife only paints the women, and the scantily clad are among her favorite. :P
    Oddly?
    No no dude.
    Awesomely!

Blog Entries

Long as it aint a male figure wearing Baldricks posing pouch, I dont care much one way or the other -

The thongs chafe less than leatheroos though.lol

Hmm... maybe I should put a call out for sculptors to do a \"Real Men\" series. You know...

... on the couch napping...
    ... in the recliner watching the game ...
    ... under the hood, breaking something else ...
    ... riding around on the lawnmower ...
    ... Larry the Accountant from HELL...
    ... Dave the Librarian...
    ... the Home Depot Zombie ...
    ... Benny the Bouncer...

... nah. Probably lose my ass.

EDIT: Weird how things like this pop up.