Does blue pouches work?

Thread: Does blue pouches work?

Default Does blue pouches work?

I would normally use brown or khaki on the pouches and canteen, but I\'m not so sure about this one.

Just worried that if I added another color for the accessories the figure would look tacky. Would it be normal if your uniform is blue that your pouches are blue too?

This is the same figure from this thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=31259

Space Wolf Grey would look better.

yes, its fine, but i would think about the material, some of those bits are probably metal or plastic, others fabric, i would use different colours for them (can still be blue, just slightly different colour). As Dr says, shadow grey would look good too.

Blue generally works okay IMO, but I\'d change the colour a bit for variety. Fade it with some added grey or add a dot of violet, anything just so long as it\'s not so close to the armour colour.

Einion

The cloth is space wolf grey already. Should I revert back to using khaki instead or it will look out of place?

Originally posted by Gussy
    The cloth is space wolf grey already. Oooops
    Should I revert back to using khaki instead or it will look out of place? Personally I\'d thionk it\'d look somewhat off. Try Shadow Grey or GW\'s Fenris Grey (foundation) with a thin wash of Baddab black

I think that the blue leather could work. I\'d \"age\" it a bit by putting some regular leather color around hinge areas or anywhere else it would flex, breaking the outer dyed surface. Any worn edges, etc, but not highlights.

heavily desaturate an orange (it sounds like cooking instructions!) and use that for the pouch.

@GP: someone keeps their colorwheel next to the julia child\'s cookbookslol...

orange would look good(even though it\'s a colour i hate as much as yellow or pink), next to blue...

personally i like DR\'s suggestion of fenris grey with a black wash...

cheers
    jah

Well, if he is going the orange route, wouldn\'t that just be moving back towards a leather appearance anyway? Red leather tends to blend up from a brown base to orange or yellow edging.

I think the blue is just fine. A military force would be likely to standardize colors in uniform and equipment. However, for contrast, you could also try the rust red color of the gun.