Fosters: Australian for Beer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fosters: Australian for Beer?

Default Fosters: Australian for Beer?

I was lying down, watching Oprah on tv with my GF (like I had a choice), and I began thinking about beer. I want to know if there are any australians on the forums that actually think Fosters is a decent beer that they drink regularly.

Nobody in australia actually drinks fosters! Which is why it\'s so ironic that it\'s usually the only \'aussie\' beer you can get anywhere overseas :rolleyes:

It\'s a good ad campagin.

\"Sell the sizzle, not the steak.\"

I don\'t ever remember even seeing Fosters in Oz, did see XXXX once...

no fosters is australian for piss

Originally posted by freakinacage
    no fosters is australian for piss
    If you think Fosters is bad you should try Victoria Bitter.
    I\'ll have XXXX anytime , if I can\'t have a decent English beer that is.

Let\'s see.....

Coors - yellow water
    Budweiser - you can order it even if you\'re hammered - \"HEY baaa-tenner I waa nuther Buuuhhh\"
    Miller
    and from waaay back Hamms!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!:drunk:

Sheaf stout is the way to go in oz:)...

cheers:beer:
    jah

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Let\'s see.....

Coors - yellow water
    Budweiser - you can order it even if you\'re hammered - \"HEY baaa-tenner I waa nuther Buuuhhh\"
    Miller
    and from waaay back Hamms!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!:drunk:
    But you do have lots of really good stuff too, if you look beyond the big breweries. I often drink American beer and I\'m seldom disappointed. Never tried the stuff you listed, though... :)

I\'ve had one good Australian beer. I think it was Coopers. Fosters was pretty much like every other macro-brewed generic lager.

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    I\'ve had one good Australian beer. I think it was Coopers.
    I think that\'s the brand I tried a few weeks ago. I thought it was a great beer. It was an ale or a stout... don\'t remember which.

I heard that it was made in Reading...

twohey\'s .... or however it\'s spelled...
    or xxxx gold

Apparently not many Australians do drink it:
    ...as budget-conscious Aussies traded down to cheaper brews ! the market share for Foster\'s Lager was halved from about 16 percent in 1987 to seven percent by 1993. Perhaps more ominously, Australia\'s already-small domestic market was shrinking at an alarming rate due to a combination of demographic, social, and economic factors.
    And since someone already mentioned Victoria Bitter :D
    Fortunately for the company, many of the beer drinkers who remained, opted for another Foster\'s brew, Victoria Bitter, making that label the nation\'s leading brand by 1993.
    Einion

Originally posted by Ritual
    It was an ale or a stout... don\'t remember which.
    How much had you had to drink? :D

Was is reddish or brown, nearly black - there\'s your answer.

Einion

I love my country, I love my Canadian Beer. Tried fosters. Thought Crocodile Dundee was a good enough guy and that he\'d never lie to me. Turns out he\'s a filthy black liar and Foster\'s is wretched.

\'strewth!

I\'ve tried Foster\'s before,it was disgusting although I\'d have it any day over Budweiser, Coors or all the other of the kind. Only American beer I like is Samuel Adams, the rest is crap.

Was is reddish or brown, nearly black - there\'s your answer.
    Not really, you see whilst the Ozzies call their beers \'bitter\' and \'ale\' really they are all lagers. Oh, sure they come in all these different colours, but they are ALL fizzy and taste like lager.

Was quite a shock for a real ale fan... went something like this when I first arrived...

:beer:
    nope not ale
    neithgers that one
    iz thought youse said that was bitterzz
    izzz black like guiness buzzz saalll fizzzzuz

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

@NGArtStudios - Blasphemy! There are quite a few great American microbrews.

Try these if you haven\'t:
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (their Bigfoot Barleywine is also quite good and quite strong)
    Shiner Bock
    Fat Tire Ale (actually I haven\'t had a beer from the New Belgium Brewing Company that I didn\'t enjoy)
    Dogfish Head brews are also really unique and tasty

You are more likely to catch a buzz drinking your own piss than by drinking Budweiser, Coors, or Miller...

Shiner Bock is by far the best beer brewed in the U.S. in my opinion. Had it on vacation in Texas about ten years ago, and have been drinking it ever since. Fosters is pretty piss poor, but by far the worst beer I have ever had is Peroni. That was the most god awful bottle of something that they claim is beer, that I have ever had in my life. Must be why my ancestors left Italy. :beer: