Certainty ~~ Deth and Taxxis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certainty ~~ Deth and Taxxis

Default Certainty ~~ Deth and Taxxis

Well, I personally couldn\'t keep myself from buying this piece from the Coolmini Shop.

It\'s \"Taxxis\" and her Zombie Troll \"Deth\".

Get it? Deth and Taxxis?
    Not only that, but it\'s got so much going on.
    I tried finding a version of it done in the Galleries, but there aren\'t any.
    Not a painted example in the Store image either, so I figured that it was simple enough, I want to do it anyway, so I am going to do a WIP, so that way it actually gets done, AND I finally finish a WIP!

YAY!

You sure it\'s not just the messed up gallery from the server move causing you to not be able to find this one?

If you search Space Marine it says there are no results right now.

Not saying you are wrong but just wondering if you took that into consideration?

there wasn\'t one before the move when I ordered it.

Right out of the box.

Filed, and ready to prime coat.

I\'m sure I have seen a painted version of this somewhere. It may have been here. But it was a while ago, so it\'ll be good to see a new one. Carry on!

It has been done a few times and there is photos on coolmini somewhere I know, have you tried searching the Hasslefree galleries here on coolmini?

jut search Deth and there are three or four..
    However it will still be good to see a new one good luck....

think you need to change the title....:D

...but still carry on

You guys are such buzz kills lol.

Looking forward to seeing this one take shape. It\'s a very interesting mini.

Originally posted by demonherald
    jut search Deth and there are three or four..
    However it will still be good to see a new one good luck....
    AH!
    I did Deth Taxxis, Taxxis Deth, and Queen Taxxis.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Raftanga\'s version

Coneman\'s version

Lonewolf\'s version

OMG!
    Now I\'m daunted.
    Don\'t know if I can meet those standards, but MAN OH MAN am I gonna try!lol

Well, I primed them, but found micro mold lines that I\'d missed in my initial pass.
    Also had an adventure getting the arm to look right, ended up pinning with a gap and using P3 to fill it, had lots of fun attempting to make it look (somewhat) like it wasn\'t pinned...lol.

I\'m thinking that the skin tone on her should be less human.

Like an ashen gray and pale.
    I was thinking that she\'s got a Zombie troll, and she rides the bugger, she wouldn\'t be seeing loads of sun.
    I also bent the antlers a bit. And fiddled with his fingers...more of a grasping pose there than splayed fingers.

Anyway, more pics when I get a decent basecoat on one or the other of them.

I\'ll probably be concentrating more on him, she seems more of an adornment to the cuteness of the Zombie.:twisted:

Originally posted by JesterzUSMC
    Well, I primed them, but found micro mold lines that I\'d missed in my initial pass.
    :cussing: i hate it when that happens!

I was thinking that she\'s got a Zombie troll, and she rides the bugger, she wouldn\'t be seeing loads of sun.
    I also bent the antlers a bit. And fiddled with his fingers...more of a grasping pose there than splayed fingers.
    If you read the story behind Deth & Taxis she had the troll from when it was a baby (Hasslefree do a younger version of the troll carrying her spell book) and she became quite attached to him, so much so that when he died she had come back as a zombie :D

I\'ve done the base color again.
    Thin paints, took three passes, but it\'s a good start, at least I think so. :D

Here\'s some pics. With the splayed hand repose.

Originally posted by War Griffon

If you read the story behind Deth & Taxis she had the troll from when it was a baby (Hasslefree do a younger version of the troll carrying her spell book) and she became quite attached to him, so much so that when he died she had come back as a zombie :D
    Where do I find that backstory?

To be completely honest I can\'t remember where I read it, I have a feeling it was on the Hasslefree web site but it might have been a bit of blurb on Forum of Doom.

I am sure if you e-mail Sally and Kev or put a question up on Forum of Doom in the Hasslefree section you will get a simular answer though.

Sorry I can\'t be more specific.

Spent today\'s miniature time attaching Deth\'s head. I pinned through the collar, and used a worm of P3 on either side, then worked the squeeze-over back into the crack. Solid connection. I mean REALLY!
    Some better pics of the shoulder/bicep as well.

C&C Please!

I saw this pic, and reworked the P3.

I\'m not the best sculptor in the work, probably not even in the house, but here is the shoulder join.

I also need some idea for a base. I don\'t plan on using this for any kind of gaming, so I\'d like an idea for a good scenic base. This is something completely new for me. I\'ve done some display quality (ish) pieces before, but never a REAL scenic display base.