A dare for the best painters in the world. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A dare for the best painters in the world.

Default grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok...........I don\'t know how it can be done
    sorry..???

meanderthal

Default WOW!!!

Well, I am brand new to the forums, but I have been painting (off and on) for many years, and I think I\'m pretty darn good. After looking at the painting exhibited in this single forum (GREAT idea for a forum, BTW), I\'m ready to go lay down with a cool cloth on my forehead.

Pete-the-Mighty, the freehand work on Boromir\'s shield is astounding.

Cyril, the smoothness of your blending at such magnification shows a lot of dedication to your craft! And Amanthas is just... yummy. Your English is quite good, BTW!

SaxonAngel, that ice sword is incredibly creative and imaginative.

I am really impressed by all the work posted on this forum. I can learn a lot, I can tell now. I\'m gonna like it here!

Banshee, you are putting the URL for a file on your hard drive.
    It needs to be on the internet, as we cannot access your hard drive (although you would be able to see the image)

you need to upload the image to a website. If you do not have a website, you should look for one that will allow you to upload images. For example. www.totalmodel.com has a personal gallery where members can upload images.

Default thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok coyote.thank you very much!.you have help me so much..I didn\'t know what you tell me..
    thank you!:)
    I will try!

Default Cyril....

Please don\'t let your concerns about your English prevent you from posting on the forums. As one of the most admired and talked about artists here, anything you have to say will be appreciated.
    I will happily volunteer to edit any posts you might want to make, prior to posting, if you felt that was necessary. I am pretty sure it isn\'t, but nevertheless, the offer is there:D

Default maybe this try?

here is my closer pic..this is an exarch (does it spell in that way?)
    IF IT WORKS THANKS TO COYOTE!!..IF IT DOESN\'T THANKS TOO...JEJEJElol

here you go Banshee (this is the image that Banshee is trying to link.)
    You tried to post http://www.totalmodel.com/cgi-bin/ppost/index.pl?photo=2898, which is a link to a website where the photo is. Below is that actual photo (notice it has .jpg at the end)

this is the actual link to your image:
    http://www.totalmodel.com/dat_ppost/data/184ampliada2-med.jpg

Default OK OK THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU COYOTE!!
    YOU ARE NOW MY HERO!:D
    I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR INTEREST AND YOUR EFFORT, THIS WAY IT IS A PLEASURE TO TAKE PART IN THE FORUMS.
    YOU ARE VERY NICE.
    IF i CAN HELP YOU SOME DAY TELL ME, OK?...BUT NOT CONCERNING COMPUTER QUESTIONS..PLEASE JEJEJE;)lol
    GREETINGS:D

Default Here\'s an example I cam accross.

Super close-up shot of an \'eavy metal mini: http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammerworld/warhammer/bretonnia/extras/wallpaper/assets/bret_wall_3_1280.jpg

I\'m not one of the best but here is my effort

The best I have on site is my 10mm Warmaster Ogres so here is a quick close up complete with tape measure (which has come out the best) to show that they are about a 400% enlargement or there abouts.

Now all I need to do is sit back and watch my rating drop off the bottom with the current climate of voting.:D

The origonals can be found at id 22116.

I\'ve noticed \'eavy metal paints for photography. Like, you\'ll notice some areas that are a single highlight. In a normal photograph that highlight will be smoothed in more, so that\'s as good as they paint it.

I went to a Games Day and saw examples from Eavy Metal, they didn\'t look as good in person as they did in the photograph

Originally posted by Coyote
    I went to a Games Day and saw examples from Eavy Metal, they didn\'t look as good in person as they did in the photograph
    I dunno, I really oggled them when I saw some examples at GD LA. I probably spent more time trying to learn from looking at them than I did the GD entries as there wasn\'t a line pushing me forward.

How in the heck do you stop brush strokes from shoing up like that!

Then again I can\'t even do succecive highlights on an ork.
    I think my bad eyesight is slipping:o:]:cool:

Default \"stopping brush strokes\"

You must use very thin paint to keep the brush strokes from showing up. When you apply the paint you can use a number of techiniques ... 1). wet blending (if you\'ve ever seen a watercolor landscape ... the soft blends in the skies are done \"wet on wet\" with multiple colors and you get a very soft and blended transition 2). glazing - the application of very thin layers of paint to slowly build to the color you desire 3). washes - the application of a lot of thin paint and you let the \"chips fall where they may\" ... this can result in some interesting results based on the sculpt, but it can also result in a real mess and some very splotchy stuff.

The use of all 3 can get you some very smooth work without any visible brush strokes.

I hope this helps,
    jim

Blog Entries

Originally posted by cyril
    i didn\'t post a lot in the forums,because i\'m quite a bad english speaker even if i can read it,i\'m actually working hard on my web site,i hope i can also translate some of my tutorials in english.
    Got to agree with the Finn here Cyril - hell, English is supposed to be my primary language and I mangle it on a daily basis at work, so feel free to mangle it here all you want - I have a feeling I wouldn\'t do half as well as you in your native tongue.

Default my flaming sword

This sword is 1\" in real life and is almost 6\" as I measure it here in the picture. It was done using a combination of wet blending and very thin layering. I was very pleased with how it turned out ... definitely the most \"glow\" I\'ve ever achieved.

jim

klute_in_the_valute

That looks straight from the fire Jim.

No, I am not amongst \'The Best Painters In The World,\' but I\'m working on it...does that count? I did want you to see an extreme close up of the metallic plates on the bodace of \'Freya The Viking.\' I used a glazing technique(very thin layers,one on top of the other)to achieve a warm, coppery glow,of ten different colors: Dark Umber, Black Grape, Tuscan Red, Dark Brown, Burnt Ochre, Peach, Terra Cotta, Pale Vermilion, Light Aqua and White. Can you see all the colors with this close up view? You cannot at a distance.

Cyril, I beg of you, please teach me your magnificent techniques!! And the rest of you surperb painters: sivousplay, fredy, AAvH-Darkblade, Rachel, petethemighty, ZaPhOd...oh, I don\'t mean to leave anyone out, but I am in awe of so many. I love this site! Thanks to everyone whom share their work and knowledge!
    D.Faye Nail
    P.S.I don\'t understand, Finn...when I inserted the photo and preview the post prior to posting, the picture is there. Then when I returned to check it later as \'x\' appears in the box with NO picture. Is it possible that it\'s being deleted because of the size? Again, I\'ve edited this post and the photo appears with no problem. Please let me know, because this isn\'t the first time that photos have been removed?
    Thanks, Faye
    P.S.S. I will also try to insert a Hyperlink in case to photo disappears again!:o)

Freya Close Up

Master Painter

I\'m a fanatic warhammer collecter so I anyone has any Warhammer 40,000 or inquisitor to show?

Default I think you are one of the best...

Originally posted by Nailpainter2003
    I did want you to see an extreme close up of the metallic plates on the bodace of \'Freya The Viking.\' I used a glazing technique(very thin layers,one on top of the other)to achieve a warm, coppery glow,of ten different colors: Dark Umber, Black Grape, Tiscan Red, Dark Brown, Burnt Ochre, Peach, Terra Cotta, Pale Vermilion, Light Aqua and White. Can you see all the colors with this close up view?
    Aaargghh! Your link doesn\'t work Faye. Yahoo would appear to be being tetchy (surprise, surprise). Would dearly like to see though Faye. Can you fix?:D