Ratling Sniper

Thread: Ratling Sniper

Durham red

Default Ratling Sniper

I painted this a few months ago but due it\'s unreleased nature I\'ve only just been allowed to show it off.

I\'ve added a few things to it to give the whole figure a sence of character. The rope on his belt and the water bottle so he has something to wash down his apples with. :)

I hope you like it, Comments are most welcome.

Vote Link

cheers

Keith

he looks great. its nice to see a ratling that doesnt look like hes a rat. My only gripe is I dont think his skin shouldnt be so pale. it doesnt negatively effect the mini but halflings should have ruddy skin in my nerd opinion.

the new ones do look a little ogre-ish but i think i like them. i like him anyway!

beautifully painted, as usual...
    i love the little resin plinth bases for display minis...

always lookin\' forward to your next mini...

cheers
    jah

love the muscle on his arm, first class.:D

Lovely painting.

Not keen on the wire reinforcement coming out the top of the pillar behind, makes it look like a candle to me.

:)

donga666

Originally posted by Talonicus
    Lovely painting.

Not keen on the wire reinforcement coming out the top of the pillar behind, makes it look like a candle to me.

:)
    I wish you hadn\'t said that, now it\'s all I can see!!!

Great clean painting though :D

Nice work. And a cool sculpt too.

TOP NOTCH paint job. I really like the muted colors. Hard to make that work and you made it work WELL.

Question, not a criticism - How is this fellow a ratling? I\'m seeing a dwarfish character.

As I commented on another one of these I have seen recently: I hate this figure. Great job on the painting of it though.

This mini represents what I think is wrong with modern Warhammer. They took what was a great comic relief unit and made it look like something hard and bad assed. The original ratlings were pot bellied halflings with guns impossibly bigger then they were. They were hilarious. These new ones are far too \'gritty\'.

I feel the same about most of the GW stuff now a days. Nurglings used to be cute but disgusting, now they are just disgusting. Orcs and Orks were both hilariously funny, now they are all yelling teeth and muscle. Ogres used to dress up like normal empire folk, and most of the time the clothes didn\'t fit, now they look like Giant big bellied Huns.

Again, no disrespect to an awesome paintjob. Just hate the mini.

Durham red

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    TOP NOTCH paint job. I really like the muted colors. Hard to make that work and you made it work WELL.

Question, not a criticism - How is this fellow a ratling? I\'m seeing a dwarfish character.
    It\'s a Ratling because it\'s one of the new Ratling Sniper models from GW ;)

Imperial Guard Ratling Snipers

Bottom Right of the 5

Really clean paintjob, love the little details... the apples really do it for me! Great job!

very nice paint job keith, lots of nice little touches on the mini and the base really lend it a nice atmosphere and i think the apples help ground him to his more yokel roots lol, although as mentioned the metal bar doesnt quite look convincing, maybe some rust stains would help sell the effect more?

as for the ratlings, i really like em, most of the old minis are going to get a modern update sooner or later and if we dont like em well, its up to us as modelers to adapt them until we do!

just wondering keith how did u go about painting the skin? also the gun colour, is it shadow grey? its looks like a little warmer colour ???

I was lucky enough to get to see this and the atmosphere it has with all the details (tattoos etc) is just perfect. My favorite thing tho and the part I may have to rip off is the Batenburg Cake in his food sack!

I tend to agree about ratlings and some of the newer stuff. I love the paintjob. But I hate the miniature. I like the gritty look though. That is what Rogue trader was about. But some things don\'t need it. There is a new Chaos lord (Sigvald the Magnificent) that looks a little too perfect.

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    As I commented on another one of these I have seen recently: I hate this figure. Great job on the painting of it though.

This mini represents what I think is wrong with modern Warhammer. They took what was a great comic relief unit and made it look like something hard and bad assed. The original ratlings were pot bellied halflings with guns impossibly bigger then they were. They were hilarious. These new ones are far too \'gritty\'.

I feel the same about most of the GW stuff now a days. Nurglings used to be cute but disgusting, now they are just disgusting. Orcs and Orks were both hilariously funny, now they are all yelling teeth and muscle. Ogres used to dress up like normal empire folk, and most of the time the clothes didn\'t fit, now they look like Giant big bellied Huns.

Again, no disrespect to an awesome paintjob. Just hate the mini.