Black Reach & Skull Pass on eb*y

Thread: Black Reach & Skull Pass on eb*y

Default Black Reach & Skull Pass on eb*y

I don\'t know if you guys have noticed, but there are quite a lot of sellers on eb*y that have broken down these box sets and are selling the individual items separately. All well and good I suppose, but a lot are being sold as new and that surely can\'t be right. In addition, some are hiding the fact that these are box set items.
    I\'ve not seen the box set miniatures recently, but are they not slightly less detailed and more basic the the normal minis?
    Anyhow, there are potentially a lot of unhappy customers, buyers beware I guess.
    Enough of all that though, my son was born at 0835 this morning.:bouncy:

If the figures come on the sprue then I don\'t think there\'s a problem. Despite the figures coming in far less \'bits\', the quality of them is absolutely stellar! In fact, they are the main reason why I\'d buy the box set, so if folk want to split \'em up and get some dosh for them, I don\'t really see the problem.

Oh, and congrats for your new-born :D

Problem is, they\'re not on the sprues. All the extras have been removed, like spare weapon choices for selling as well. Just enough bits to make the squad. I see your point about enterprise, fair play if the bits are correctly listed, but \'new\' to me means on sprues with spares.
    Thanks for the congrats.

Ah - I see. That does look seem a bit off. I suppose as long as they show actual photos so you know what you\'re getting it\'s not so bad. I know I wouldn\'t buy them unless they were still fresh from their plastic mould injected birth!

A buddy of mine is going to buy some of the Black Reach orks from another friend who only wants the space marines. Good deal for both of them, I think. The space marine player doesn\'t have to store parts he doesn\'t need, while the ork player gets some good looking models on the cheap that match his skill level.

This is especially appealing because Deff Koptas are normally a $30 metal model that doesn\'t look as good as the plastics. When you consider the cost of the individual SM dreadnought and termis...unless the enterprising ebayer is asking list price for these things, I say more power to them.

@ overdose: YAY BABIES! You should start a thread announcing your joy. Many congrats. Can we have some details?

What spares are we talking about here? The Skull pass and Black Reach figures don\'t have any. Okay, there\'s a few random pieces of scenery in skull pass and there\'s a few half buried skulls and spent shell casings in Black Reach but they\'re hardly what I\'d call spare weapon choices.

Make your own minds up I guess, seems a little dishonest though to me.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=110382117697
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Forest-Goblin-Spider-Riders-Inc-Cmd-Gp-Warhammer-O-G_W0QQitemZ110382821229QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_ Wargames_RL?hash=item110382821229&_trksid=p3911.c0 .m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3 A1%7C240%3A1318
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ork-Boyz-Space-Orks-Warhammer-40K-NEW_W0QQitemZ110382826366QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toy s_Wargames_RL?hash=item110382826366&_trksid=p3911. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39 %3A1%7C240%3A1318

And what you get is a collection of parts cut from the sprues.

I\'m not sure what the issue is here. As long as you get all the bits for the unit. It says complete unaseembled models and that\'s what you are getting.

The Black Reach models aren\'t like a regular unit box. There aren\'t any options. There are no spare heads. There are no weapon choices. You don\'t even need glue to assemble them.

You see this a ton one eBay.ca. Every single auction has bids on it as well. It\'s enough that I\'m considering doing it myself. What does supprise me is that GW hasn\'t done anything against it. After they shut down all bits selling online you would think they would go after eBay sales as well. On eBay.ca you also have people selling bits for pretty much every boxed set out there. You can buy 4 panels from the new Ork Stompa for example, or a set of 10 Ork heads....

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    I\'m not sure what the issue is here.....

The Black Reach models aren\'t like a regular unit box. There aren\'t any options. There are no spare heads. There are no weapon choices. You don\'t even need glue to assemble them.
    The issue is the items being sold as new and the use of GW pictures to imply something other than is being sold. There is no reference to Black Reach and as you have just said, \'The Black Reach models aren\'t like a regular unit box.\'

Imagine the surprise if you were expecting a genuine off the shelf box set of the individual items. ie new

They are, technically \"new , on the sprue\". If they showed you one thing and sent you another, then I\'d have a problem. This is really nothing new as people have been breaking things down like this since Skull Pass.

I personally would not buy something from ebay without an actual photo of the item in question, and the person giving an accurate description. Box or not. It just makes things easier in my mind.

As usual, and you said it in your first post - Buyer Beware.

I don\'t see a problem (beyond the guy using a pic of 10 spider riders to sell 5). The options for condition are new or used. If they are unassembled and painted then they don\'t really seem to be used. So, new (read it as condition as new) seems a better fit though they\'d accurately be \'repackaged as new).

Originally posted by Overdose
    Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    I\'m not sure what the issue is here.....

The issue is the items being sold as new and the use of GW pictures to imply something other than is being sold. There is no reference to Black Reach and as you have just said, \'The Black Reach models aren\'t like a regular unit box.\'

Imagine the surprise if you were expecting a genuine off the shelf box set of the individual items. ie new
    You know I totally missed the fact that they didn\'t tell you these are from the boxed sets. They also should specify that the pictures they are using are stock photos. Actually that may be an eBay rule they are breaking there.

I\'m just so used to seeing these that I didn\'t even notice that this auction doesn\'t have all the info that other similar ones do. I have litterally waded through pages of these trying to find deals on boardgames. At times one seller will have 5 pages of these up at a time all listed at the same time.

Originally posted by Sukigod
    They are, technically \"new , on the sprue\"
    Not really, they have been removed from the sprues and are sent as loose bits in a bag.

Buyer beware though most definately.

Originally posted by SJB
    The options for condition are new or used. If they are unassembled and painted then they don\'t really seem to be used. So, new (read it as condition as new) seems a better fit though they\'d accurately be \'repackaged as new).
    I kind of see where you are coming from here, but any condition that the models are in that deviates from when they were packed has changed the status of new to used. If you were to buy an Eldar Warwalker for example, in the same format as this ad and it turned up as a bag of bits, with none of the usual trimmings, aside from the time saved de-sprueing (is that a word?), might you not feel a bit miffed? Of course you could temper that miffedness with the fact that you bought it cheap, but being an auction the price is never fixed, so you may well have paid just under retail.

I think this issue has been flogged to death now. I really posted it to highlight the fact that some people are actively trying to pull the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting punters (nothing new), many of which might be using this site on a regular basis. There are a lot of experienced dyed in the wool gamers on here, but also there any plenty of newcomers that might not be so savvy.
    Not all of the \'kit breakers\' are doing anything wrong and I have no issue with that, providing the items are listed as being different from standard issue unit types.

If I were to be sent an Eldar Wraithlord I wouldn\'t be worried about getting it clipped off the sprue but I would be expecting all the pieces, options and whatever. Everything that is on that sprue.

These figures are in new condition and aren\'t missing anything.

It\'s a bit cheeky not to mention their source but I wouldn\'t call it false advertising as the figures are the ones shown in the pictures.

Fair one and it wouldn\'t bother me either TBH.

I guess it really depends on the expectations of the buyer and what they are led to believe.

Anyway, I think that\'ll be my closing comment, I\'ve been up since 2 am.:o

Laters.

I\'ll admit it could be a little clearer in those auctions.

And congrats by the way :)

It can definitely be clearer. But when it comes down to it, we all know what the kits in mind look like, whether AoBR or BfSP, so as long as there is either a picture or specified what they are and quantity I don\'t see a problem. Even though the quality isn\'t as great as other sets, they usually sell at a bargain.