you know your addicted to painting mini\'s when....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: you know your addicted to painting mini\'s when....

Default you know your addicted to painting mini\'s when....

for example:

i have contemplated the possibility of going to jail to be able to paint miniatures in peace.

i have found myself shaving off the mould lines from a plastic tea jug.

i take pictures of rusty cars with my camera phone while driving.

the people at lowes know me by name. but only in the hardware and plumbing department. lol

Originally posted by uberdark

I\'m in no way addicted to mini painting (I think you have to paint more then 4 a year to claim that) but I find myself doing this with all manner of things. Kids toys seem to be horribly molded.

When your index finger on your off-hand is permanently faded due to brush strokes (purging the brush) polluting the skin.

When you criticise the shading of real life objects.

When you know which Citadel paint tastes the worst (Mechrite red IMO).

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight

I\'m in no way addicted to mini painting (I think you have to paint more then 4 a year to claim that) but I find myself doing this with all manner of things. Kids toys seem to be horribly molded.
    maybe not addicted to the painting but to the hobby....

For me the missuses look when after 2 months flat on my arse in hospital I came home and bypassed everything to just sit in my chair and blow the dust of my painting projects.She said I gave a little smile to myself when I picked up the first model.

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight

poor poor gilvan....admitting you have a problem is the first step in addiction. lol

Yeah I will admit I have a problem. I don\'t paint often enough! Which was painfully evident when I moved all my painting stuff into a new room and had everything laid out. It\'s now financially irresponsible for me not to paint, as I have a ton of non-value added lead and plastic in my house that has dropped significantly in value due to the economic downturn. I need to get painting to make this hobby value-added again.

:D

donga666

4 Years+, I\'m nearing 20!!

On some of the few days I get to paint in peace I miss meals,showers, getting dressed. Just come down stairs and paint in my boxers.

When I was backpacking round Australia for a year. The first thing I turfed out was my paints!

Taking my son around the \'National Railway museum\' in York, most of the pictures were of rusty rolling stock in the fix-it shed!

Sad, sad, sad!

You know you\'re addicted when....

You resolve to quit due to severe financial difficulties, and can only hold on to that
    promise for a few months. (I\'m up to 6 minis now, and probably climbing)

You watch people play tabletop wargames just to criticize their paint jobs.

When every room in your house, including children\'s rooms, toilet, kitchen and bathroom, have at least one if not several random minis in them.

When it says \'posting freak\' under your username.:moon:

I agree with when you know which paint tastes the worse, although for my money its GW bleached bone.

When any shopping trip for anything devolves into looking for odd things to fit into a new diorama.

When you can only express colours in paint names i.e its (liche)purple.

When its not fiscal or emotional probelms that keep you up at night but the colours choices/blending of your latest project.

When 30% of you diet is paint eaten a\'la paintbrush.

When you post on this threadlol

When your 5 year old and 18 month old know not to touch daddy\'s little men.

When your daughter (at age three) knows what a carnifex is and can make the appropriate animal noises.

Originally posted by Undave
    When your daughter (at age three) knows what a carnifex is and can make the appropriate animal noises.
    When your 5 year old begins to write a detailed history of his own space marine chapter. beat that one undave. hehe

Originally posted by Prophaniti
    When it says \'posting freak\' under your username.:moon:
    I\'m off the hook then... :D

When your 5 year old and 18 month old know not to touch daddy\'s little men.
    You know... if someone not familiar with miniatures read that, they would probably get a very disturbing mental image from it... :|~

You know you\'re addicted to mini painting when... you pause during hiking trips on suitable forest style terrain and daydream that you\'re a mini standing on a lush forest bed base. I\'ve done this on numerous hiking trips. Nothing like finding some cool rocky/grassy ground with moss, leaves and stuff to get the mini-painting juices flowing. Anyway, it\'s not an addiction. It\'s a way of life.:)

When you dislike RTS games because the soldiers in them aren\'t as cool as the ones you produce, or nearly as customizable.

Or following on from that, when you get confused when playing Dawn of War because you can\'t pick up and paint the minis on the screen and conversely the ones on the desk in front of you won\'t respond to orders ???

you stand on large rocks and make a pose that you make your wife take a picture of so that you can use it for reference later on a 28mm miniature.

p.s. wife does not like doing this. :D