Games day 2009 miniature as a Nurgle hero

Thread: Games day 2009 miniature as a Nurgle hero

Default Games day 2009 miniature as a Nurgle hero

Obviously, something is wrong with this miniature, let\'s see what is it exactly

Voting link

I would say that the scythe doesnt really fit..

I like the metals and base though..

Originally posted by alextheartist
    I would say that the scythe doesnt really fit..

I like the metals and base though..
    Ok the scythe seems to be becoming a common hatepoint. Well, this is actually VERY easy to correct

I think its just far too long and would look fine if it was shorter and the blade was facing backwards, if you get what I mean..

Lovely use of colours, great corrosion feel going on. The browns and greens and metals are sumptuous.

As for the scythe i\'m digging it. Nothing like some over the top-ness to add to a mini. I mean if he is a true chosen of chaos surely he is beynd the means of physicality and i can picture him looping off heads with that beast

I also like the scythe, if for no other reason then it\'s a classic Nrugle icon to have a ridiculous over sized scythe.

Beautiful paint Skeeve! I poked around and saw this on your blog and loved it their. Great color and beaut freehand.

His cape is awesome, Love the veins. its a great touch. Also I dont mind the scythe, scottradom has it right: its classic nurgle, without it hed just be some chaos knight with bad personal hygiene.

He looks great! Nurgelish, if you know what i mean :P The scythe is a little over sized maybe..

I dont think the scythe is too long its where the mini is holding the haft. If the business end of the scythe was closer to the main body and the rest of the haft longer at the back of the mini I think it would work. Other than that there not a thing wrong with this mini

Originally posted by ColtheReaver
    I dont think the scythe is too long its where the mini is holding the haft. If the business end of the scythe was closer to the main body and the rest of the haft longer at the back of the mini I think it would work.
    My impression too !

Otherwise I\'m not sure but I think it might be lacking a clear focal point. Other than that, great paint job !!

i have seen this in person yurii and i really like it. golden demon was a bit weird this year becuase what i have found is tht we think they judge differntly then they do. I spoke to tim lison after the show and asked him question after question about my models so that i could win with the ones that dident in toronto. he gave me exsact advice and some over all as well. the thing is for them, good blends are everything it seems. thats the first thing. the smother the better! thats why they loved dylans stuff. becuase his squade that was bright won the sword. but th blends were just as good as the other ones that were dark! so number one is the blends. number two is making sure everything pops. like for exsample my drazard he told me to pic out the edges with the bright highlight to make sure it pops. and also to make sure that the deepest shade is really dark. but as long as the deepest shade is dark, the rest of the model can be crazy contrasty bright. but doing this with smooth blends is harder then doing a dark model with one transition . but like i said. what they really judge on is not what we always think. its a bit more simple then that. when you go to Chicago you should have a talk with him. really its alot less frustrating then trying to guess what the problem is! just ask the judges!.
    -Ansel

I absolutely love the miniature. The scythe.. to long IMO. A shorter one would have done the job too. I don\'t like the colours of the armor but the clothing and especially the cloak is awesome

I know what is wrong with it... it doesnt belong to me :)

I\'m actually trying to buy this miniature from ebay.. So far I\'m winning at 2 auctions. :D