WIP: Mk IV Ironclad Dreadnought.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP: Mk IV Ironclad Dreadnought.

Default WIP: Mk IV Ironclad Dreadnought.

So, here I am again, I know my other project is far from done but I couldn\'t help myself, I just had to do this for my Space Wolves. Ever since I made my venerable dread(http://www.coolminiornot.com/141600) for them I\'ve been playing with the thought of giving him a something of a retinue. Yesterday I gave that thought some love.

I started out with the standard GW plastic Dreadnought on which I cut away the sarcophagus from the front plate.
    to make the distinct \"body\" of the Mk IV I took a piece of plasticard tube and cut it open, inserted a top and bottom piece and finally filed a notch along the upper end of the tube. After that it was just a matter of adding some brass details and it was satisfactory.

I decided to cut away the exhausts and fill the gap with some plasticard so that i could make exhausts of my own a while later.

With that done I continued with the cavity for the head. Butchering an old shoulder pad, stretching it a bit and gluing it onto a piece of plasticard seemed to do the trick.

Adding four Melta-muzzles and chopping up a marine helmet gave it quite the \"finished\" feel, even though I was far from done

Some Guitar String added for tubing,

Now it started to look like a Mk IV. But i still needed that Ironclad look to it so I added some plating:

And with even more plating and some posing it started to turn out quite nicely if you ask me.

I added the arm just to get a more bulky feel to the pic. I\'ve got a totally different plan for that arm later...
    That\'s where I am now.

And after almost 24 hours of trying the post finally works! :D

it was worth the wait!

Hear hear!

coolio, nice job:D

Should I put studs into the plating people?

Duffman says: Awww yeah!

But try to make them the same size as the ones on teh standard model, like on the weapon arms. To keep the look uniform.

put the studs on the leg plates, maybe you could designe shoulder plates simular to the pre heresy terminator ones and put studs on them

Nice one, leats hope that GW dosn´t remove iron clad from the new wolf codex

:drunk:

wow. really like what i see. so far, to be honest, imo, it looks better than the FW dreads. keep up the good work. hope to see more.

btw, the pics arent coming up anymore.

After some degree of investigation I\'ve come to realize that the site I\'ve use to add the pictures have changed their address. I will take care of this shortly. (I do not look forward to doing this with my other thread)

Ok, pictures should be visible now. Time to grab a bite before I start updating the other thread, that will take some time.

Looking good, and as usual, going to enjoy smashing it to bits, which i then will steal (with my lootaz on the battlefield or maybe ill do it for real, havnt decided yet).

Dont know if the IC is bigger (taller, wider)than a normal dread but that would make it look more cool, i think, especially if you are going to use it as a \"bodyguard\" for the venerable one..

Är han med och fajtas den 30:e?

The Bjorn

He will definitely be wider than a \"common\" dread. Slightly taller as well, but that is mostly because of added armor.

Bjorn: Kanske, inte mycket tid kvar dit nu. :P

The Studs are done and i think it turned out quite nicely.

I believe the images got a lot larger with the new gallery. To me that\'s just a lot better but do tell me if they get significantly more difficult to load, if so, I\'ll have to start cropping the pictures.

Oh dude, those studs do look nice. How did you make them?

The studs are 5mm lengths of 0.6mm steel wire with one side rounded.

If I had a filter left for one of those water boilers I would be able to make better studs with those but this is sufficient even though quite time consuming.

Default Look ma! Hands!

Ok, here we have a midnight update! Well, it´s roughly 2am but who\'s counting anyway? :D
    I added a cyclone missile launcher pod to him, my thought being that it would represent the two HK-missiles he is able to buy. Quite liked the outcome.
    I also started building up his hands, which at the moment are nothing more than glued-on power fists, real fingers and positioning thereof comes later. enjoy!

lookn great, cept i think hes trying to shake my hand right now

\"Hello there, I\'m Mr. Dreadnought. Nice to meet you, now please step aside as I obliterate that tank over there.\" :D