GenerulPoleaxe is a fantastic human being!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GenerulPoleaxe is a fantastic human being!

Default GenerulPoleaxe is a fantastic human being!

Hey all. I wrote up a big gushy thank you to Generulpoleaxe/Chris a coupel days ago, but the forums ate my post.

Since I have been on these boards it has been a fantastic experience getting real helpful advice from so many sources. Encouragement, pointers, poignant crit\'s, all that. I have always been very humbled by the community here and the generosity the member show each other in taking their time to really, really give personal tips relevant to each painter.

For the second time now I have gotten a completely unsolicited gift from members of these boards (Thanks again Matty1001!) and this time Chris, who has been very, very helpful in giving me advice on my painting especially my metal sent me a fig he whipped up to help illustrate the technique he\'s been very patiently helping me with. He called this fig \"Just a quickie\" but it\'s very well done, and even better in real life. Chris said he thought it would be helpful to have me see a fig up close and personal to help with my metal painting. Here it is....

It\'s a very generous gift. He even sent me a foundry fig to practice on! And when you consider that Chris does this for a living and he took time away from \"working\" to do this for me it\'s even more flooring.

I wanted to send something to Chris as a token of my appreciation. He said no, but I\'ve found a loophole. I\'m sending Mike/DragonsReach some cash to grab you for a pint or two, so that\'s the way it is. It\'s easy to be generous and helpful with your close friends but considering I am on the other side of the planet and have very low odds of being able to show my appreciation in person it\'s even more of a fantastic gesture. You can probably talk about the economy, as I know you have an opinion or two on that subject!

I just wanted to point out that while there\'s always a lot of crap going on we all get to hear about that sometimes completely generous things do happen.

Thanks again Chris!

Aye, very helpful indeed, on many an occasion. Nice mini too, specially for a \"quickie\", cheers chris:beer:

Squig

no worries mate (bit over the top though) just doing what others have done for me in the past.

Very generous of you Chris. Great metallics too :D

You should be called generouspoleaxe lol

-Matt

Originally posted by mattsterbenz
    You should be called generouspoleaxe lol
    Only the girls call him that. ;)

It\'s true, CHRIS is a great guy and a fantastic painter with an unique style! :beer:

Yeah lets make Chris blush :redface: Well done that man! :beer:

awww he\'s a big ol softy really no matter what he says!

its something that always amazes me about this hobby is how generous and helpful most of the people involved in it are.
    i might as well say thanks to someone too while we are at it!
    Rob (demonherald) has helped me loads - wet pallettes, brushes and loads of minis not to mention constantly picking his brain
    so cheers buddy

there are alot of people on this site that will go out of there way to help someone, everyone rocks lol

Come on... GROUP HUG!! :]

Oh no Anders, I think we all know how Swedish group \"hugs\" end up :P lol

Squig

especially the swedish group hugs...
    they usually end up with everyone naked in the sauna!!!

cheers
    jah

my mother told me never hug anyone with a tash from the village people sory:D

Originally posted by jahminis

cheers
    jah
    aye finnish ones end up the same way too!

Originally posted by starchaser1
    my mother told me never hug anyone with a tash from the village people sory:D
    That\'s Tracey Pew from The Birthday Party, and you can\'t hug him on account of him being dead for more than 20 years. I don\'t have a tache, so it\'s safe to hug me! :innocent:

*ahem*

Everyone LOVES a quickie!!! lol

Very nice gesture. It\'s easy to see why CMON is so popular. That and the never ending sexual inuendos don\'t hurt. :evil:

Blog Entries

Originally posted by jahminis

cheers
    jah
    If you managed to get to the sauna you held out very well indeed!

Commendations! lol

Great thread.

Love this place. Probably wouldn\'t be painting anymore without the support, advice and encouragement that I get from the CMON crowd.