BPI WIP - Page 4
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: BPI WIP

Grima Wormtongue update...

Pestigor Command Musician update...

Forgot to photo the Pestigor base lol oh well, there\'s no colour on it yet anyhow.

:) B.

Pestigor base, a ring of Milliput with slate stuck on top, couple of ink & wash layers to put base tones down. I like it :D So decided to start a new one! Just sorting out the Nurgling before putting the putty around it. I have the Pestigor Standard Bearer from the same blister as the Musician & as this base will probably end up quite tall it\'ll probably be for him. I\'ll see, by time the Musician is painted I may not want to begin another :) I did begin a base for Grima but dropped it into my water pot lol so when I mix the next batch of putty I\'ll see if I can rescue it.

B.

you can see how you improve your painting in this threat, Great job!
    i realy like the pestigor. I\'d never think of using turquioise on him but it looks very good

:beer: Chris

Cheers Chris, the turquoise (Scaly Green) is to tie across with my other Beastmen. Here\'s the last one of the unit to have received paint, 18 months or so ago, before I got distracted & started something else...

And a little more Nurgling about...

Couple of touches more colour on the Nurgling...

Followed by building around it...

Giving me three bases that should still rank up okay, ready for Pestigors.

Whilst waiting for putty to dry the Pestigor\'s hood received a little more colour...

And the base intended for Grima is ready to be neatened up a little before seeing how it looks with colour...

Some colour on the 2nd & 3rd bases, not quite as yellow! And a little bit of paint on the back :) B.

A little more colour on the Pestigor...

B.

The first colour over the base on the belly-band...

Greetings all, I\'ve submitted the Uruk-Hai Berserker to my little corner of the Gallery. If any of you would be so kind as to vote, should the fancy take you? Cheers, B.

lovin the pestigor!
    and i gave the bezerker a solid 7. Its good looking but not anything to fancy.
    greetz, Chris

Cheers Chris :beer:

Took some pics of his belly mark of Nurgle to see what I\'ve done so far under magnification. The cloth is pale because I wanted the mark to be dark, less wounds flowing ichor than seeping slowly enough that there is a blackened crust around the edges of the stain. But still want some contrast in there. Not sure if that red is too bright on the lower rims? I\'m not sure what to do next...

Next is more highlights & shading on the cloth before trying anything else on the symbol. Incidentally, those three circles represent a fly from what I\'ve read - the head at the top, two wings below - hence the wound stain being shaped the way it is rather than evenly around the circles. At least that\'s my excuse :D Bedtime I think :) B.

Hooves painted in & whole belly area done for now. Found some of his beard under the wrist that got painted in, I\'d previously thought it was chainmail. Horn next, in same base colours as the hooves. :) B.

A touch more progress to the head...

I\'m stealing the idea for the nurgling base. Yoink! Very cool idear!

hell im stealing it too, it\'s an awesome idea :)

Cheers guys! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :) Having spent so many years painting slottabases black this proper basing malarky is slowly turning from a grind to a bit of fun :D I\'m working toward finding a balance between keeping the figure suitable for gaming & still doing something interesting. I\'ve thought about a couple more, one with a ¼ of the base at a different height (snotling or nurgling mount) & one like the first but with three holes drilled into the top of the slate to form a symbol of nurgle that can be filled with slime/seepage, possibly etch in outline of a fly around it? We\'ll see! More Pestigor head tonight if I get going :beer: B.

Slow & rather unsatisfactory progress on the staff this evening & back of the hood last night. Slowly getting there :)

B.

Just a quick post before I head out the door...

Pestigor completion colours. The bells will be at the bronze end of the metals, the rope attaching the bells a neutral yellow-grey, chainmail in silvers with a urine yellow tint. I\'m fairly happy with those ideas. Lower front & rear cloth in the same colours as the headcloth, just not as fully lightened, but they could go another colour? Wrist-wraps though I\'m not sure. Keep them neutral as I\'ve already got bright colours going on or purple? The purple would match the turquoise with purple accessories that I\'ve used before, for example on this chap (from The Eternal WIP Pile)...

What do you think? Would that be too many colours full stop? Too many colours for my style/ability? :beer: B.