Platoon Britannica the 2nd meet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platoon Britannica the 2nd meet

Default Platoon Britannica the 2nd meet

Last year we launched a new event that some of you may remember or even attended. Well on June 20/21st, the second Platoon Britannica event takes place this time its on two days.

Once again, Games Workshops Warhammer world is the venue for the event. We have arranged for demos on various aspects of the hobby, including photography, coversions and of course different types of painting techniques.

We also have multiple Golden Demon winners turning up, so if you are just a beginner starting out or a seasoned veteran looking for that spark to take you to the next level this is the event for you.

So if you are in the area on those dates, drop in and come see some of the best painting talent this country has.

We start at 11am on Saturday till 4pm, and the same on Sunday. An informal drink is arranged in Buggmans for the Saturday night.

We may even have some special guests turning up.

Hope to see you there,
    Robin

EEK! That\'s closer than I thought! Anyone driving up from the south west and wanna do a car share? ;) I could get to Bristol if that\'s easier?

I wanna bring my GD pieces for this year but I dont want to spoil any surprise.

can\'t wait :flip::bouncy::flip:

i need to paint something to get critism on hmmm...

is there any comps on at this meet up???

There is a 3hr speedpaint semi confirmed

There is also paint any of the new guard minis to be judged

@ Mr Scream: I\'m driving from the South West and I\'m just on the edges of Chepstow across the border. Village called Woolaston.

EDIT: I\'m only going up for the Saturday though, can\'t afford the accommodation XD

Originally posted by nightsword
    @ Mr Scream: I\'m driving from the South West and I\'m just on the edges of Chepstow across the border. Village called Woolaston.

EDIT: I\'m only going up for the Saturday though, can\'t afford the accommodation XD
    Im probably in the same boat :P. Ill PM you now see if we can arrange something.

i wish i could bloody make it.

im at Phalanx 2009 in st helens on the saturday but if anyones going down on the sunday from the north west i will pay my way in petrol

Originally posted by alextheartist
    There is a 3hr speedpaint semi confirmed

There is also paint any of the new guard minis to be judged
    Yeah it\'s very semi-confirmed at the moment. I\'m not sure what the status of us being allowed to use WHW paints is so if we can\'t that would mean bringing our own down. In which case we\'d have to agree on what we were painting beforehand to minimise the need for us to bring every paint we own on the offchance that we\'d need it.

Anyway if you are interested go and say so on PB and we can maybe prod enough people into joining in.

Originally posted by freakinacage
    i wish i could bloody make it.
    Car share with me if I can sort it ?? Or are you busy on the day ?

I really dont think I will get a guard mini done by then, could end up painting on the train ;)

Mr Scream: Pm replied, and I\'ve added my email address. Might be easier if we talk through that :cool:

I\'ve put up a signup thread over at PB for the 3 hour painting competition. What we actually end up painting will depend largely on how many people actually participate so if you want to join in go and sign up.

Originally posted by Undave
    I\'ve put up a signup thread over at PB for the 3 hour painting competition. What we actually end up painting will depend largely on how many people actually participate so if you want to join in go and sign up.
    :redface: Cant find the thread but I am well up for it, I am probably only staying for the Saturday.

who do we talk to if we want to have some table space to display stuff etc???

Can\'t belive its tomorrow..

Time to pack my stuff methinks.. :D

Bugger!

That\'s two PB do\'s I\'ve missed. Crappy crap! There\'s family stuff I can\'t get out of (that and the serious lack of cash).

Have a great time everyone.

Grumble grumble...

there seems to be quite a few people who are having trouble making this meet

yeah I\'m having to pull oyt.. fricking shite but Babysitter and lift both dropped out same day.. could manage to make it if one was missing but not both ......... have fun guys.

Originally posted by demonherald
    yeah I\'m having to pull oyt.. fricking shite but Babysitter and lift both dropped out same day.. could manage to make it if one was missing but not both ......... have fun guys.
    I did consider bringing my boy, he loves minis (to bits).

Even that option is out...