I\'m packing up the paints....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I\'m packing up the paints....

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default I\'m packing up the paints....

Only for a short time. I\'m working insane hours at work (10am to midnight 5 days a week) to try to save up enough money to get an apartment after my ex\'sssss family told my ex that they wouldn\'t help him buy me out of the house (all I asked for was 15grand and he\'d get a 1800 sq \' house with a 40\'x60\' backyard and I\'d pay for his health insurance for 5 years).

I hope to move in early August and then it will be a few more weeks of insane hours getting furniture and getting ready to have Roger here from Oct 21(ish) to Jan 6(ish). As soon as all that prepared for I\'ll be divorced, settled and ready to paint again.

Anyway, part of this is to let you know why I haven\'t been over here busy trying to follow on Donna\'s superfreak heels. Not long for me to go and at my old pace I would have been there by now. But hey, you do what you have to do.

That\'s hard work Liz but ultimately worth it.
    Just don\'t forget to \"Smell the Roses\" sometime.

Yep got to stop and smell the flowers from time to time otherwise you will go insane :D

Hope it all works out ok for you Liz

Originally posted by War Griffon
    Yep got to stop and smell the flowers from time to time otherwise you will go insane :D
    i\'ve met her, it\'s too late there!

good luck with it liz. i remember goign through a stage of working massive weeks. it makes normal working hours all the better.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I did take time to go see a movie with my son today. Sleeping as much as I can on my days off too because my love life kind of fits in before work for and hour and after I get home for about the same. That cuts my sleeping scheule down a bit but it\'s worth it.

dont forget to use Roger as a crutch when you get down - just think of it as lancing a boil

Glad it\'s just temporarily Liz. I think it\'s often best to do this when time is short so you\'re not frustrated looking at them repeatedly but without the energy or time to use them.

Originally posted by lizcam
    Sleeping as much as I can on my days off too because my love life kind of fits in before work for and hour and after I get home for about the same. That cuts my sleeping scheule down a bit but it\'s worth it.
    Uh, TMI?! :o ;)

Einion

Aren\'t hours like that illegal? Take care of yourself.

Hours like that are a killer,

Take care Liz,

Iain.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Einion
    Glad it\'s just temporarily Liz. I think it\'s often best to do this when time is short so you\'re not frustrated looking at them repeatedly but without the energy or time to use them.

Originally posted by lizcam
    Sleeping as much as I can on my days off too because my love life kind of fits in before work for and hour and after I get home for about the same. That cuts my sleeping scheule down a bit but it\'s worth it.
    Uh, TMI?! :o ;)

Einion
    Not really, Enion. My love life consists of talking on the web 2 hours a day with both houses occupied by other people as well so............:innocent:

I saw the thread title and feared the worst. Hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by darklord
    dont forget to use Roger as a crutch when you get down - just think of it as lancing a boil

oh you romantic fool DL:P:D

all that hard work and sacrifice will pay off in the long run.....hang on to Roger for all you’re worth...........things will ge better for you I promise:beer:

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

you do know that just because you are not painting is no reason not to drop in here?

(They paying overtime for those hours?)

keep your chin up liz, at least working them long hours the weeks will fly by with luck. :) see you on the other side :D

Take care there Liz. Hours like that can literally work yourself to death! And we don\'t need that!

Wait one, this is for an apartment?!? Are the rents in Cali really that bad, or is the apartment that good?

Remember! We\'re here pulling for you, so, hum, arr, Go Liz! Go! Work Those Crazy Hours! :D

(we need a cheerleader smiley..)

Yikes! Good luck, and think it\'ll pay off when the young English man turns up stateside in October!

Originally posted by BarstoolProphet
    Aren\'t hours like that illegal?
    Not in the USA.

European working hours legislation hasn\'t been signed up to by the UK, so technically it\'s possible here.

Perfectly fine here in Canada too.

Or so my bosses tell me....

Blog Entries

If I wanted I could go in when the office ioens @ 6am and work to midnight every day of the week. When I was in a different department I HAD to work 12 hour days 7 days a week and only managed to take 2 days a month off. On top of that I was the only one at the main desk so had to take what few breaks and lunches I got there as well. THAT burnt me out so bad that taking complaint calls every day seemed like a vacation.

With utillities and rent for a washer and dryer and fridge I\'ll be paying near $900.00 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment in a mediocre part of a back water town. Better town than I live in now, closer to work but not as nice a neighborhood. It would be cheaper to buy but I\'m not planning on staying in California any longer than needed so that would be foolish.

I\'ll probably be spending more time on the net than I have been of late because I won\'t feel so guilty about it when I should be painting. But with such little time at home it still won\'t be as much as I\'d like.