An Open Letter... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Open Letter...

Wow. I really offended a lot of folks on here...that was NOT my intention. I was going to apologize for that, but now I\'m not so sure.

@Dragonsreach: This wasn\'t about mods, never even mentioned them, so where that came from I have no clue. I have read many of your posts, and I always thought that you were a respectful guy...until now.
    \"Had this post come from someone with let\'s say ONE picture in his (her) Gallery I might have been more sympathetic towards your point of view.\"
    Nice, never expected flaming from you. Get off your high horse...

@generulpoleaxe: Thanks! You are the only person to understand what I was saying!!

@everyone else: I have no idea what some of you were saying, but it was very amusing.

~EJ!

Originally posted by ElJacho
    <puts on helmet and looks for shelter>

@Dragonsreach: This wasn\'t about mods, never even mentioned them, so where that came from I have no clue. I have read many of your posts, and I always thought that you were a respectful guy...until now.
    \"Had this post come from someone with let\'s say ONE picture in his (her) Gallery I might have been more sympathetic towards your point of view.\"
    Ok, i have at least one picture in my gallery, so i\'ll second you on this one, ElJacho.
    First off:
    @DR, the only thing he inferred was the existance of multiple photos from the same artist in the gallery in any one day-Must mean someone posted alot of them at once. Now, if you think you\'re not doing your job too well, and as a result, of that there are a lot of photos..well that\'s on you. But this is not what this post said.

As a member of this forum for a long time, I\'d expect a mod, especially someone as involved as you, to have a little more class. But, congratulations, you belittled someone with 11 posts, who asked a simple question, in the open general forum.
    +1 to you sir.

@everyone else.
    you guys need to remember, this said it was an open letter, it didn\'t say \"Hey, asshole mods, learn to do your job!\" It said, hey thanks for posting your stuff, i appreciate it, and enjoy looking at it, but, it\'s frustrating to look at 3 pages of JUST your work. Now, i think that\'s reasonable, but, if you\'re looking for a fight via a forum, its easy to find one. So chill out on the dude, we\'ve all said our dumb stuff here.

Once again I am at a loss. Now that I know what the thread is about I have no freaking idea how DR \"flamed\" or \"belittled\" anyone. His post seems reasonable to me. Also, ElJacho, I have no idea why you should apologize for anything as you have done nothing wrong.

Originally posted by Recoil889
    @everyone else.
    you guys need to remember, this said it was an open letter, it didn\'t say \"Hey, asshole mods, learn to do your job!\" It said, hey thanks for posting your stuff, i appreciate it, and enjoy looking at it, but, it\'s frustrating to look at 3 pages of JUST your work. Now, i think that\'s reasonable, but, if you\'re looking for a fight via a forum, its easy to find one. So chill out on the dude, we\'ve all said our dumb stuff here.
    Who is looking for a fight? Who says it dumb what he said?
    Most people where just joking around a bit, I don\'t see anyone being aggressive about it or anything...
    But, like me, most people just don\'t care if people upload one picture or 20 at once. If I want to browse random pictures I use the main page, where the pictures get mixed up enough for me, and if I look for specific stuff I use the search options.
    I do get his point, it\'s just no problem for me.

Nobody felt ofended... They just made laugh from Your post, that\'s all. It doesn\'t mean they don\'t understand You.

@->To the rest of You ppl: freaks! FREAKS! FREAKS!!!!! FREEEEEAKS!!!!...my pills? Oh thank You doctor...

And remember... \"A\" is half open

Don\'t worry folks, the odds of anyone deliberately trolling on this board seems to be very low to me. I\'m wary of raising my head above the parapet here but I got into awful trouble at work when I first had to start using email. I kept getting messages, that when I read them, were sarcastic, venomous, snide, brusque, dismissive, offensive, rude, etc. Hmmm. Turns out that the default voice I read with in my head isn\'t very nice & will always try to set the author in the worst possible light, particularly when they\'re being brief (this isn\'t a letter to grandma after all)! Doesn\'t mean you can\'t choose to take offense, just try to make sure it was intended before getting too upset. Groveling apologies to colleagues at work for offended shouty grumpiness are not my favourite pastime lol
    B (closed).

I think this thread reeks of misunderstandings. Give each other the benefit of the doubt, will you?

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Serious answer time...

Originally posted by ElJacho
    My Fellow Painters,
    Not sure about that. You have nothing posted here. Doesn\'t mean you are not a painter. Lots of us are shy about putting our work up. It just helps your creds.

You are talented. Very talented. You have every right to be proud of you miniatures, but do me a favor? You don\'t have to post every mini you have painted all at once.
    Why not? It is an open gallery and an open forum. If a new painter discovers this site and wants to post pics of his 20 minis, so be it.

I love seeing your work, at times I am very inspired by it. What I don\'t like is seeing three or four pages of it whenever I am browsing the gallery.
    If it is of different minis, I find no problem with it. If it is 20 shots of the same mini from every 5 degrees around him, that is truly boring. But there is the \"next\" button.

There are those of us who would like to post pics also, and not have to crawl through so many pages to see our, or someone else\'s, pics.
    There are over 100,000 minis posted on CMON. Someone posting several pics at once will not make much difference in your viewing. Again, make use of the search function if you are trying to find a particular mini or a particular artist.

Save some of them for a later time, even a few hours would be a welcome respite to being bombarded by your stuff.
    After working on a batch of minis in photoshop to get them color corrected, sized and everything else prior to posting, it is a very simple thing then to upload that same batch.

Pace yourself, that\'s all I ask.

~EJ!
    The real feather ruffling issue is that you are fairly new here. You\'ve been a member for almost a year, but have very few posts and have no pics up yourself, yet you are now telling \'us\' how we need to change CMON. In the circles I come from, that is considered rather rude.

Now, this thread has not stayed on topic. Most don\'t in the General Discussion section. Once you\'ve been here a while, you\'ll get used to that - or you\'ll go back to over-moderated forums that limit your responses.

I\'m no mod, so you can take all I\'ve just said an place it in the appropriate receptical - or not - your choice.

I love seeing your work, at times I am very inspired by it. What I don\'t like is seeing three or four pages of it whenever I am browsing the gallery.
    If it is of different minis, I find no problem with it. If it is 20 shots of the same mini from every 5 degrees around him, that is truly boring. But there is the \"next\" button.
    I\'ll probably get myself into hot water, jumping in here while I myself do not yet have any pictures up, but everything else aside I completely agree with the above. I actually kind of like seeing multiple minis from one user. It lets you see progression, you start being able to recognize a person\'s style, etc, blah, blah... Having said that...

If I\'m browsing through the gallery voting on minis, nothing chafes my backside worse than seeing a slightly different picture of the same darn mini every three or four posts. Seriously...I already voted on your mini once already, I\'m NOT going to vote on it the other 19 times you posted it...It\'s CoolMINIornot...not CoolPICTUREOFAMINIornot... GRR!!!!!...

Sorry...forgot my blood pressure meds this morning...

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

well said.
    I agree.
    :cool:

Blog Entries

Also agree, put that way it makes sense.

I think maybe this was what you were getting at?

deeeeep in woods in gulf coastal mississippi usa
    Blog Entries

we neglected \'K,\' which is open but is looking the wrong direction.

Yeesh.

What an odd thread.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by daddyo
    we neglected \'K,\' which is open but is looking the wrong direction.
    As are \"E\" and \"L\". Although \"L\" has the right angle, \"K\" is just obtuse.