Loud or silent?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loud or silent?

Treacherous_1

Default Loud or silent?

hi!

anyone have a favourite tune they play to get them in the \'zone\' for painting? for me its blurry by puddle of mud. everytime i play it, it throws me back to the summer i continously painted none stop!

would be great to hear what others do, or are you the silent type?

for some reason I always have to go back to the music i was listening to 10+ years ago :flip: so its Guns \'n\' Roses all the way!! LOL!

Default Loud or silent?

It\'s Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals for me.:bouncy:

Well... For me, it depends on my mood... Generally it\'s radio playing rock, but sometimes, it\'s classical music, jazz or silence... Silence is usually for times my GF is asleep (well most of the times, cause I\'m a \"nighpainter\"):D

Almost anything
    Altough I do have a small preference for movie soundtracks and nightwish (Great band By the way !!!) :D

Default TV On

I usually have the TV on when I paint. I\'m limited to network TV, so sometimes it is just to bad/stupid to endure. Public television, Angel, and CSI are my faves. Silence is preferable to Dr. Phil or \"Reality\" TV. I guess I could always break down and play my own tape, \"Something Old, Something New\".

Sturmhalo

I always like to have something on, whether it\'s the TV, radio, or music. At the moment I\'m mostly listening to Obituary, Napalm Death, Carcass, and Kreator, though I did give the death and thrash metal a rest this afternoon when I put on a bit of Marilyn Manson, White Stripes, and The Darkness. Whatever floats my boat at the time.

:bouncy:

Oh Dear I\'m an old fart!
    Classical (late romantics, Rachmaninov etc...) New Age, Folk (been listening to Loreena McKennitt, Canadian performer),MOR (Eagles, Runrig, Clannad, Sting, Savage Garden.)
    Basically whatever will keep my heart rate steady and not cause me to get the shakes. Caffine is not a factor! :rolleyes:

Default Anything \'80\'s

I used to be big into the 1980\'s heavy metal such as Kiss. Van Halen, Def Leppard, AC/DC etc. but I find its easier to paint if you listen to something mellow like Chicago, Journey etc. God, I\'m old!lol

Personally I find when I am doing a large ammount of figures at one time. Some fast paced music works for me, But when I am doing characters I find that having the TV on works better

Default depends on what i\'m painting...

If I\'m painting eldar it\'s usually techno...Space Marines, Warjacks usually Heavy Metal...Was listening to Ministry when painting World Eaters

Blog Entries

If its music, its classic rock - if I\'ve got the TV on its things like ER, Law & Order (in its myriad incarnations), Monk, the History channel, or A&E.

Edit: Or, if its after 10 central its Family Guy, Futurama, Inuyasha, Big O and Cowboy Bebop during the week.:D

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Default I\'m fond of bagpipe music too.....

:rolleyes: my listening pleasure for painting, is one third, Fleetwood Mac..one third, silence and one third kids wanting something..:D

Wiccanpony
    I\'m fond of bagpipe music too.....
    Oh no not the cat stranglers!!!!:D
    As a Geordie in Exile (From Newcastle upon Tyne to those not from England) I much prefer the Northumbrian Pipes. A much more subtle sound. Look Up Kathryn Tickell a very good artist on the pipes.

Blog Entries

Oh, I dont know there Dragonsreach - the pipes have their place - scaring the hell out of folks mainly - but I\'m a bit fond of them myself. I just dont listen to em while painting as they make me want to engage in wanton violence. lol

Originally posted by steelcult
    Oh, I dont know there Dragonsreach - the pipes have their place - scaring the hell out of folks mainly - but I\'m a bit fond of them myself. I just dont listen to em while painting as they make me want to engage in wanton violence. lol
    I believe their original purpose was to drown out the G%# D@#% accordian player dodwn the street. lol

Actually, I have a second cousin that plays the pipes. I used to make the rounds with him on St. Pattie\'s Day and drink for free where ever we went :flip:
    So I really can\'t be too critical of the pipes. And as for the accordian, well, uh... I usually don\'t admit this:duh: but I used to play the accordian.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Default smile when you say Bagpipes.....

;)I thought the pipes were played to drown out the bitching of the troops...thanks, Dragonsreach, about Kathryn Tickell I will have to look her up and see if she has any CDs out...I’m rather fond of my Blackwatch cd... :flip:

Blog Entries

Originally posted by dauber22
    I believe their original purpose was to drown out the G%# D@#% accordian player dodwn the street. lol

Actually, I have a second cousin that plays the pipes. I used to make the rounds with him on St. Pattie\'s Day and drink for free where ever we went :flip:
    So I really can\'t be too critical of the pipes. And as for the accordian, well, uh... I usually don\'t admit this:duh: but I used to play the accordian.
    Ahh, but when you\'re trying to sleep and some arsehole with a bag of angry cats a wailing comes down the glen a wailing, it tends to unnerve one a bit.

As for the squeeze box, all I can say is did you wear a pocket protector and glasses held together with tape as well? :D

As for the squeeze box, all I can say is did you wear a pocket protector and glasses held together with tape as well? :D
    lol The only defense I have is: I didn\'t wear glasses until I was 35 :D

Well, that and I\'m half Polish & half German, so I think it\'s a DNA thing:) I think I was in my teens before I realized that not ALL wedding receptions were held at the PACC (Polish American Citizens Club) or another location with a bowling alley downstairs.:D