Krieg commissar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krieg commissar

Default Krieg commissar

im goin to order a krieg commissar next week.

i just wanted to know how good the cast is cuz it wont come like this:

most stuff i got from fw so far was pretty ugly mould-line wise.
    my space wolves land raider doors were really a pain in the ass.

not sure about how ill paint him,but i really cant wait to paint him and do a nice scenic base.maybe ill use a 40mm base

the quality of cast from fw is pure luck. i bought a load of stuff and they ended up in the bin because i just couldnt clean them up.

but i have had very good casts also

Wait, you actually threw away forgeworld stuff?

Im aghast you threw something like that out! Surely some parts were salvageable...

My FW renegade militia were very good, some cleanup required but nothing a sharp scalpel couldnt deal with! Maybe it just depends, but ive heard they are good with returns.

They are extremely good with returns, every time I\'ve called them I\'ve gotten either a replacement of the bag the warped piece was in(with all its contents) or the entire model sent again depending on the problem.
    I must say that for everything being cast on order, hand picked and controlled by a third party they do send out a scary amount of \"bad\" pieces, but with customer service like theirs I am really not one to complain, besides, they do warn about the need for \"modeling skills\"
    All in all they\'re completely fine by me.

But... give us a color mock up of your model or something while you wait for your order, just so this thread stays appropriate for the WIP-section...

i threw away my militia renegade command squad :D its not the worse thing ive thrown away. everytime i paint a mini most of the time if i dont like it i tend to bin it

New rule for you .sam.! Starting today and hereafter you throw them into my bits box instead of the bin! :D

oh,completely forgot about the color scheme ^^

im really not sure how to paint him

first thing that i have to decide is if i want a clean commissar or a battle worn badass.
    i probably will go for the battle worn version because of his pose.

the next big issue is his coat.

the inside will be a very dark red(like very dark velvet),the outside probably black because i think that blue highlights would look terrific with the red.
    a white coat would be great as well,but im not too good with whites,thou i could airbrush it.but i plan to use at least some white for contrast.

the blade will be very shiny,very clean and blingbling like.
    this would look awesome with a dirty commissar i think(contrast)

im already thinking of gettn another one so i can do both versions ^^

Originally posted by Chrome
    New rule for you .sam.! Starting today and hereafter you throw them into my bits box instead of the bin! :D
    I already called shotgun lol

Forgeworld is very very good with returns. If you have any problems at all they will send you a new model depending on the issue. I bought one of the limited edition comissars from a gamesday and when i got home and inspected it and it was disformed. They sent me a new one. Forgeworld is great!

Originally posted by Aldmhac
    They sent me a new one. Forgeworld is great!
    could you keep the first one?

Geez Sam... Wasteful!!

i have this far, always been allowed to keep the old one, they have only at maximum asked for photo proof.

Originally posted by Chrome
    i have this far, always been allowed to keep the old one, they have only at maximum asked for photo proof.

Same as mine because people could just say this \"My Manta is broken uhh...can i get a new one???\"

Originally posted by .sam.
    the quality of cast from fw is pure luck. i bought a load of stuff and they ended up in the bin because i just couldnt clean them up.
    Remind me to give you a \"clip round\'tearole\" at Gamesday.lol
    Even if you think a model is bad there are some people who could get it back to a reasonable state for you.

remind me to snatch your hammer off you this year before you hit me with it :D

i find my biggest problem is i can not clean stuff up no matter how hard i try unless it is a plastic mini.

I\'ve had hardly any to no mould lines on my FW orders.

.sam., you must be GWs favorite person ever.

Originally posted by .sam.
    remind me to snatch your hammer off you this year before you hit me with it :D

i find my biggest problem is i can not clean stuff up no matter how hard i try unless it is a plastic mini.

Next time you want to paint something, send it to me and I will build it for you..