Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis WIP Waarhammer

Default Alexis WIP Waarhammer

So, I finnaly finished Battlelore and other stuff, and I'm making my first try at Warhammer minis.

Name:  banner-2.jpg
Views: 7597
Size:  328.9 KBName:  banner-11.jpg
Views: 7538
Size:  334.8 KBName:  banner-7.jpg
Views: 7459
Size:  131.4 KBName:  banner-9.jpg
Views: 7436
Size:  121.2 KB

This is the only one I finished so far... Critics and comments apreciated

very smooth blending of those reds, you might already be doing it but try a wash of chaos black over those silver metalics and dull them down a bit
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

The gloss coat was still weat when I took the pic... Couldn't resist :blush: But take notice for the next, thanks!

Very good work...thats a cool looking ork. I dig the small detail, like the warpaint on the shoulder pauldron. and you have managed a very nice blend on the banner
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

No, no, no. Nobody in the real world dislikes any of these models. Some people just pretend to, to be cool, but that's just whining. It's impossible to actually dislike anything made by Games Workshop... indifference is the worst possible response.

Oh my, that is some first class blending right there on that there banner right there, right? Right!

And great detailing on that shoulder guard, good stuff, good stuff..
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

thanks everyone

lovely, lovely banner. The ork is good, too, dont get me wrong, but the banner is schmooove, and then some.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Battle for Alabaster info: http://studiomcvey.com/forums/index....for-alabaster/

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Too long on Facebook...Went and looked for a like button.

F*ck my life, man.
    Free for commission works. Well, not for free, I mean i'm free to...If you want something pretty painted for monies just PM me.

TBS!
    There, there *pat*pat* There, there.
    Name:  inspire-others-4.jpg
Views: 7349
Size:  63.5 KB
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Facebook?? Is that something newfangled?

No, no, no. Nobody in the real world dislikes any of these models. Some people just pretend to, to be cool, but that's just whining. It's impossible to actually dislike anything made by Games Workshop... indifference is the worst possible response.

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure...
    A wizard gifted me with it for the price of one shiny soul.
    I totally ripped his ass off.

Also lol, Meph.
    Free for commission works. Well, not for free, I mean i'm free to...If you want something pretty painted for monies just PM me.

And here are some more pics of the next mini. Not quite finished, but you can get the feeling of it.

Name:  img_1655_1.jpg
Views: 7172
Size:  30.0 KBName:  img_1656_1.jpg
Views: 7161
Size:  29.1 KBName:  img_1659_1.jpg
Views: 7161
Size:  26.8 KB

Cheers!

An orc on a warpig...neat. The brown socks on the grey boar is a very nice touch.

Got my orc on a warpig all done... just have the imp to do

Name:  img_1698_1.jpg
Views: 7086
Size:  39.6 KBName:  img_1704_11.jpg
Views: 7238
Size:  539.9 KBName:  img_1703_1.jpg
Views: 7061
Size:  46.0 KBName:  img_1701_1.jpg
Views: 7053
Size:  43.4 KB

Really nice! I like the choice of colors for the boar, seems realistic.

Though I never really liked that model. The chains between the tusks bug me. I just keep imagining the boar trying to leap across a tree stump, getting the chains stuck and doing a complete front flip...
    "Without music life would be a mistake. I could only believe in a god who knew how to dance."

Just need to get a hold of a decent camera and there will be a thread. Presumably.

Very nice! You basically corrected this yourself on the chainmail of the second piece, but on the first one, the armor has very nice shading and highlights but each piece looks the same. Like the mits are the same as the arms. So while you have great highlighting and shading, try changing up the metallics a little more. Like make the mits darker silver than the arms - not much - just a little. Or add a blue wash to the breastplate and a green on the helm. Stuff like that.

On the second piece, you are definitely headed that direction on the chainmail, so kick that up a notch and keep going.

The banner is absolutely lovely! You did a great job with it and I think the Orc skin is really cool too.

I concur with the Texan paint-whisperer!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Very nice! You basically corrected this yourself on the chainmail of the second piece, but on the first one, the armor has very nice shading and highlights but each piece looks the same. Like the mits are the same as the arms. So while you have great highlighting and shading, try changing up the metallics a little more. Like make the mits darker silver than the arms - not much - just a little. Or add a blue wash to the breastplate and a green on the helm. Stuff like that.
    Thanks Kat. I'll give it a try on the next minis. Good advise is always apreciated I'll probably won't do that rigth away on this one because I'm afraid to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Thanks Kat. I'll give it a try on the next minis. Good advise is always apreciated I'll probably won't do that rigth away on this one because I'm afraid to spoil it.
    You're welcome! I hear ya on not wanting to spoil it. I'm the same way. Once you call a piece done, it's done. Each one is a step toward improvement on the next piece.

But it is soooo hard. You want to the best job possible, then u post in here and get loads of comme ts and suggestions. Trick is to stop when you are happy, close your ears, put your fingers in the eyes and hum real loudly.

And we all aspire to do a little bit better on each mini. Some times diving off the deep end.....