Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Default Mega's menagerie of miniature madness

Hi,

Having been chatting with some of you recently I thought I would start a wip thread to gain some valuable feedback from the lovely people here at cmon. Rather than rambling I'm going to jump straight in with a wip I have on the go for the Wamp dark sword competition running at the moment -

John

This is looking outstanding mate. Just make sure the base doesnt overshadow the mini.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Looking great so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

really great base-building, just make sure to make the figure pop out

Cheers for the thoughts guys. After being away with work for a little bit I've managed to push this forward to a point where I'm going to work on the minis for now. I'm still not perfectly happy with the positioning of them yet - I think the girl needs to go further back. But we'll see.

The girly figure (ayra?) is coming along - top half mostly finished, middle and lower half not started or very much wip. For some strange reason my camera has decided to use the crappy filter on this one - it's loads smoother and more subtle in real life.

Looking super! I love the base and Arya is coming on nicely. Highlight on the mini is the cape - I love the back and highlights are really nice.

great work - am really looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

A ha found your WIP. Is looking great as ever very smooth transitions on the skin. Cloaks got a nice bit of free hand on it and the base well that's the dogs isn't it!

For me I would add a spot colour on the mini other wise it might look a tad uniform with all those browns and skin tones, maybe a green or a red , just a thought ignore as you please as it is looking mighty fine any way
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Cheers guys, the little blob that ties the cloak together at the top might just get a spot of red

That base is just superb! Makes me want to find a random mini and do a similar base!!
    Keep it up!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

Blog Entries

this is looking really great. I love that base. You gotta share where those sections of fence came from.

They look like they're either chaos accessories sprues or that new cemetery kit from Gw.

Quote Originally Posted by William T. View Post
    They look like they're either chaos accessories sprues or that new cemetery kit from Gw.
    Cheers, William T nailed it, they're from the GW cemetery kit. It's fantastic for walls, fencing and stuff and for once it's a case where I would say gw's price is very good for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by megazord_man View Post
    Cheers, William T nailed it, they're from the GW cemetery kit. It's fantastic for walls, fencing and stuff and for once it's a case where I would say gw's price is very good for what you get.
    Definitely a great use of the kit! I've thought about picking it up myself and since I have some fantasy projects I want to do might not be a bad idea! How do you like the rest of the stuff in it?

It's a great kits, I used it to do the bases on this -

Its my go to kit for bits of stuff.

Now those are epic!
    I'm standing here at Gw right now contemplating buying it today or waiting a while lol.

As said many times before: neat base!!!! The painting is also coming out nicely, but I concur with Andy: you should put some points of bright colors on the minis.

Here's another update - Ayra is finished and now in position, my attention has now moved over to little finger (the nickname of the dude). I'm really pleased with how Ayra's legs turned out.

love it mate. on the stone blocks / steps do some grey / stone edge highlights on some to pick them out a bit.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg