OK, this one\'s a bit different.

Thread: OK, this one\'s a bit different.

wyrmling_x

Default OK, this one\'s a bit different.

OK, so I\'ve done the whole \"How do you ship your minis?\" thing. Now, it\'s a bit different. For those of you who\'ve entered a Golden Daemon or similar contest, how do you transport those miniatures? Do you rig up a force-field/anti-grav combo that lets NOTHING touch it? :P

Seriously, though, how do you go about it, particularly with the larger ones? I, for one, think that I would freak at the mere thought of a bump on the road (or turbulence for those flying in to GD\'s) that may potentially damage the miniature that took dozens of hours to finish.

You know the sponge in the blister packs..................:)

I\'ve seen people wrap and pack small bubble wrap and also cotton wool. But I would not recommend that as bits always get left on the model.

I usually wedge the based mini in to a toolbox and as the mini has to be on a legal base, hold the base in place on the senic base with Blue Tack.
    I travel down by coach and seem to spend an inordinate amount of time with the case clutched to my chest. (Paranoia..):)

It depends on how big the mini is. I have no idea how I\'ll transport this years entry, if I ever get around to painting him in time. :o

Note to self, packing minis in those tiny polyestyrene balls is NOT a good plan! (that was the year before last). lol

Foam would be a good plan methinks, like the stuff used for upholstery, and a good sized box.

Regards

Kat

mini-goddess

My 2002 Wood Elf Dragon had a base that was wider than the dragon. The dragon was attached with tac. Once I found a box that it fit into, I dropped it in and it was fine. I placed the box into a plastic bag and simply was paranoid like the others have stated. I paid more attention to the placement and protection of that box during my car ride and walk than I did to the friends who were with me. I hope they understand. <shrug>

Default When traveling by plane...

forgo all travel amusements and toiletries you\'d keep in your carry-on, and instead bring your mini case on board so that you can clutch it at all times. However, if you\'re going with a friend (or in my case, a parent) you can shove all you\'re stuff in their carry-on.