Cadian army WIP

Thread: Cadian army WIP

Default Cadian army WIP

I have been asked to do a Cadian Force commission to a tabletop standard , and seeing as I\'m new to the Cadian colour scheme, I thought it best to do a colour test first.
    Having recently moved, my newly constructed light tent is still packed away, meaning the pics are rubbish :(

Anyway, here are the pics.... the cloth parts have loads more definition BTW, I will do a step by step for the next squad and hopefully the colours will show up better in the new pics :)

Cheers
    Sias

Woo! You have a very nice standard there for tabletop, very nice. You have the Cadian scheme dead on. Good work, looking forward to seeing more.

Jake

Right... here is the first squad, step by step :)

I started by priming the mini\'s using a Plasti-coat matt black spray, I then basecoated them with with Khemri brown from GW\'s foundation range and applied two light washes with Ogryn Flesh, concentrating the washes in the cloths\' recesses.

I then started to build up the highlights. First I used a 50:50 mix of Khemri brown and Kommando khaki.

The final highlight was done by applying 2 thin coats of Kommando Khaki.

I found by using this quick and simple technique, you can create eyecatching and neat units of models that work perfectly if you have a LOT of figures to paint :)

Next up will be the armour......

Looks like you are aiming for exactly the right quality level for a batch of figures like this.

What I find interesting is that you didn\'t attach them to the bases yet, something I usually do when painting gaming figures.

Originally posted by Corvus
    Looks like you are aiming for exactly the right quality level for a batch of figures like this.

What I find interesting is that you didn\'t attach them to the bases yet, something I usually do when painting gaming figures.
    I was going to note the same thing. However, it\'s actually a good idea when it comes to painting them and then basing since you can just focus on the painting of the mini and not having to worry about the base interfering with different angles and such. Makes it easier to handle the minis I assume as well.

Great progress! I love your ability to crank these guys out.

Jake