Painted Emperors Champion

Thread: Painted Emperors Champion

Default Painted Emperors Champion

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=300330771825

I still think you should have chunked up the top-edge highlight ;)

The new base works well, simple is often best.

You are underselling yourself.

see alex and you say i undersell myself :moon:

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    You are underselling yourself.
    Definitely. I\'d probably start the bidding at the original cost of the figure - I hate letting things go for less than I\'m happy with ;)

Didn\'t think of that untill after I started the auction :D

dunno i start all my listings at 99p - no listing fees and it creates interest - get a couple of people hooked and your away

One hour left!

Shadzar

Originally posted by darklord
    dunno i start all my listings at 99p - no listing fees and it creates interest - get a couple of people hooked and your away
    Yeah, no sense in starting out owing eBay more money if you can help it, and the cheaper start the more interest it can generate when you have someone willing to snipe it.

I think it should have gone for more than $10. :mad: Stupid summer cheapskates ...erm..bidders!

Well Alex the winning bidder certainly got a bargain.
    When I consider some of the so called \"Pro-Painted\" stuff where people are asking for \"Buy it now\" prices far in excess of the items value and compare it to what you\'ve just lost out on, I really do belive that you are under valuing your work.

I just about got the costs of the mini back so i\'m not too bothered. The thing with ebay is sometimes you sell something really well and other times its sells badly.. It all equals out over time.

Originally posted by alextheartist
    I just about got the costs of the mini back so i\'m not too bothered. The thing with ebay is sometimes you sell something really well and other times its sells badly.. It all equals out over time.
    £6.05 just about covers the cost of the figure? take into acount ebays fees and paypals as well.
    one hour paint jobs of the three stage technique go for £8-10 (as long as the painting is neat) when it\'s started at that price mate.

next time it would be easier to hand ebay a fiver as you wouldn\'t have to spend any time painting for their profits either.

model+auction/selling fees+materials at the minimum mate, even if your doing it just to pay for your hobby, it isn\'t paying for it if you don\'t cover your costs let alone time.

What sort of price do you think i should aim for next time I sell something?

Start it off at the price of the fig plus eBay fees I think. Like GP says not much point in losing money on it. However....

-If you sell something at a cheap rate at least you still got some advertising out there for your painting. Always put a blurb about commissions on your stuff!

-The more feedback and stuff you get the sooner your rep will allow you to post mini\'s at a cheap starting bid and save like DL suggested.

So I don\'t think it\'s all bad to take a slight hit on a mini every now and again. I\'ve started to start the mini\'s at the price of the fig plus eBay and PayPal fee\'s to make sure, but before that I sold quite a few at a slight loss, but still got commission work from a few of them as well.

I think you got the right idea so long as you\'re in this for fun as much as anything. You got to have fun painting something, and then you learned some stuff both from the painting side and the selling side. Sounds like a success!

Not much to add, but if I was you, I would consider posting worldwide (pay to extra 5p for US & Canadian visibility), & in the title, by all means call it painted (although picture tells a thousand words), but try a get Black Templar (in this case) in there. I would also list for ten days (if you list on a Thurs it will end on a Sunday)

Good luck

Alex, most of the figures that get sold for £10+ cost roughly £2 per model.

start your gw singles at £15, that way you don\'t lose money and will make a small amount.
    just make sure things like the robes are neater.

taking a hit on profits is okay if your fishing for work (it\'s called advertisement) but taking a loss on general sales is a nono (unless you are using some products as loss leaders to get custom in which is a trick that retail companies do use)

Originally posted by Vern
    Not much to add, but if I was you, I would consider posting worldwide (pay to extra 5p for US & Canadian visibility), & in the title, by all means call it painted (although picture tells a thousand words), but try a get Black Templar (in this case) in there. I would also list for ten days (if you list on a Thurs it will end on a Sunday)

Good luck
    Good advice! I always add the ebay fees to the postage and list it as postage & handling. Single figure postage £1.50, it covers fees and such (I \'aquire\' and save all jiffy bags). Add £.50 for EU, +£1 for rest of world. The postage for a well packaged single mini shouldn\'t be more than £1.30 to the US (airmail).

I always start my auctions for 99p, it will often pay off BIG. Post world-wide, it\'s easy.