Springbok\'s commission WIP\'s

Thread: Springbok\'s commission WIP\'s

Default Springbok\'s commission WIP\'s

Seeing as I\'ve got quite a few commission jobs on the go, I thought I would start a thread where I can keep all of the WIP\'s in one place.

First up is a Chaos Deamon army that will be painted to a tabletop standard....

There are some converted Demonettes, A heavily converted LOTR balrog, some screamers and an old skool Tzeetch Deamon. There will be 2 Soul Grinders to paint at a later stage aswell.

The deamonettes were converted by sticking the upper-half of the bodies to some Warhammer spiders.... I am not responsible for any of the conversions ;)

The Balrog has been converted in order to act as the deamon caracter Skarbrand in the tournament games this army is destined for.

I finished the base for Skarbrand this morning.

Cheers
    Sias

Shadzar

Those driders are interesting, and the base is really nice.

looks cool
    maybe on the flames, more yellow and less red

Started painting the \"spider\" Demonettes.... quite pleased with how they turned out, seeing as I wasn\'t sure that the colour combinations would work.

Cheers
    Sias

This looks very nice, great idea, good colorscheme.

This army will look amazing when finished.

Shadzar

That\'s gonna look good for those driders.*

(This D&D geek will always call man-spiders, driders. :P )

Finished this Kroot this morning, it is part of a unit of 20 with some hounds aswell

Shadzar

Nice. Just makes me wish I didn\'t hate painting those little buggers.

Can\'t wait to see the hounds. Never painted one after I bought them when I figured out they suck for their cost in the army.

Is that a wood grain stock? :o

er, not to put a downer on anything, but if it\'s a GW tourney I don\'t think he will be allowed to use the Balrog
    Might be best to check with the organizers

Keep painting the rest tho:D

Thanks mate.... yea there is a bit of woodgrain. Quite surprised that you could make it out in the awful picture. Gotto stop taking photos with my phone and actually buy a camera!!

Not sure about tourney rules myself... will check though, thanks for the heads up!

Shadzar

I know kroot, so looking back it is hard to tell, it just stuck out not being single color, and my mind made the guess as what it was. But you can see it, and your phone is better than my camera! :mad:

LotR is GW minis, so it would be a bit of a stretch for a chaos figure if a TO wanted to be a jerk. They may say only Warhammer fantasy minis allowed for chaos demons, but I would tell them GW got the money for the Balrog, so who cares?

But you may want to ask to make sure unless it is wanted painted either way whether allowed for army or not.

I wouldn\'t be a jerk about it, but you get a red shirt judging and well.....probably ban the whole army.

Or you could always say nothing to the commisioner and let them pay and figure it out for themselves. You are paid to paint, not build them a tournament legal army right? ;)

Just to clarify the reason is that due to Copyright laws LOTR and warhammer figures cannot be mixed in anyway, the rule applies for GD as well. Quite simply no warhammer figure or part can be used on LOTR or vice versa. If its not an official tourney should be fine but if it is things might get complicated.

Shadzar

Originally posted by Wombat85
    Just to clarify the reason is that due to Copyright laws LOTR and warhammer figures cannot be mixed in anyway, the rule applies for GD as well. Quite simply no warhammer figure or part can be used on LOTR or vice versa. If its not an official tourney should be fine but if it is things might get complicated.
    Oh please! Like that ever stopped GW before. Just look at the mandolorean(sp) armor on all the space marines. lol

Good to know the reason, but its a bit of a crap one, since LotR isn\'t as big as either of the warhammers.

Sucks for the commissioner though. :(

Oh please! Like that ever stopped GW before. Just look at the mandolorean(sp) armor on all the space marines. lol

Good to know the reason, but its a bit of a crap one, since LotR isn\'t as big as either of the warhammers.

Sucks for the commissioner though. :(
    It\'s not GW, it\'s New Line throwing the copyright fit. That\'s why LOTR is a different scale. They absolutely did not want Warhammer and LOTR mixed. It took freakin\' forever just to get LOTR bitz because New Line is so paranoid.

Great job on the Balrog though - I hope it works out.

Cheers,
    Kat