How would you create a running engine noise?

Thread: How would you create a running engine noise?

Default How would you create a running engine noise?

How would you recreate a running engine noise? I was thinking of adding some \"internals\" to my vehicles, and a running noise would be awesome. Yet, I cannot think of a practical way to recreate an internal combustion engine sounds.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Dissonance
    How would you recreate a running engine noise? I was thinking of adding some \"internals\" to my vehicles, and a running noise would be awesome. Yet, I cannot think of a practical way to recreate an internal combustion engine sounds.

Any suggestions?
    Don\'t. You are ruining the most important aspect of the game, whichever game you\'re playing and that is making all the noises yourself!

HRMMMMMM.....BMMMMMM -SMASH!-

Why do you want to take that away from the game! Don\'t do it!

Failing that I would go to plan B which is to mount your models wheels on rotating axels and to stick trading cards in the spokes of your vehicles so when you push them on the table they SOUND LIKE A FRIGGIN\' MOTORBIKE! It\'s super awesome, if memory serves.

Or... go with Shawn R. L.\'s suggestion. See if I care.

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Google engine wav
    Mmmm, a cheap MP3 player with external speakers glued to the inside set on repeat?
    I like it!

Originally posted by ScottRadom
    Failing that I would go to plan B which is to mount your models wheels on rotating axels and to stick trading cards in the spokes of your vehicles so when you push them on the table they SOUND LIKE A FRIGGIN\' MOTORBIKE! It\'s super awesome, if memory serves.
    If your motorbike sounded like that I\'d be worried - that would be more like the clackers you put on the spokes of a push bike :D

How about looking for a childs toy that makes engine noises and ripping the mechanism out of that?

Heh, reminds me of the musical squiggoth! Anyone know if that ever got finished? It was cool! :D

Shadzar

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Google engine wav
    Mmmm, a cheap MP3 player with external speakers glued to the inside set on repeat?
    I like it!
    That is what I was going to suggest. Record any engine sound you want and like, then do that.

COBY are pretty cheap (price and quality), you can get 1 gig or there abouts MP3 player/USB sticks for about $20, and older ones can get even cheaper and they come with earbuds.

512 megs for $8, if you don\'t mind having a pink MP3 player in your vehicles....

Any suggestions?
    Don\'t. You are ruining the most important aspect of the game, whichever game you\'re playing and that is making all the noises yourself!

First time I went to a Con I saw an old man down on the floor pushing a tank around going VROOM-VROOM............. ???:drunk: wow, we are definitely not in Kansas anymore.

Any suggestions?

Why do you want to take that away from the game! Don\'t do it!

Or... go with Shawn R. L.\'s suggestion. See if I care.
    Its all about plastic coke bottle in the spokes..

Take a look around your local greeting card store/display. Because of my work in the advertising industry, I get samples from marketers and one was a card you can mail with a sound chip in it. Everyone\'s seen these, the biggest thing now is songs or recording your voice for your loved ones. I have one with a Harley Davidson motorcycle sound starting, revving and then idling.

I would assume the card woulnd\'t be more than $8-$10 US.

jamsessionein did an ork squiggoth with mp3 player in. may be worth having a look. he did youtube vids as well

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

I keyed in a wrong number once and ended up with a small circuit board and speaker that worked with a 9v battery. Made diesel engine sounds for RC small electric boats.

Try www.towerhobbies.com

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDT9&P=7

[quote]Originally posted by airhead
    I keyed in a wrong number once and ended up with a small circuit board and speaker that worked with a 9v battery. Made diesel engine sounds for RC small electric boats.

begs the question what were you trying to order;)

Have a search for \'Tamiya King Tiger\'. They make a 1/16 RC kit of that tank that lots of people have added full engine/turret/gun sounds to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4GnndxogpY

I guess you\'ll need something like this:

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/tamiya-5...ks-p-6331.html

some one where i was going to college had done something like this. he fit a speaker hooked up to an Mp3 player in a landraider and had it playing sounds... there was a circuit bord involved and unfortunatly some 1 else did it for him so i can ask but hopefully the mp3 player\\speaker part help out a bit.

wow those are some really expensive ideas why not just get one of those crappy kids toys we all love setting off in the toy store as it say push button to try out they are usually a few quid and have engine sounds horns sirens and usually tons of flashing lights too all great things to stick in a conversion and no need to fork out for a greeting card that it\'ll be a pain to change the battery on when it dies as nowhere will stock them nor will you have to pay for small speakers to go with your mp3 player either as the speakers are built in to the toy just do the orky construction method of smashing it apart and salvaging what you need i\'d bet you could probably find some in your local supermarket in the toy section for dirt cheap too