Interior of 40k spaceships?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior of 40k spaceships?

Default Interior of 40k spaceships?

Do you ever see the interior of Warhammer 40k spaceships? Preferably canon. In tabletop, sourcebooks, video game or anything else? If anyone has a link to pictures that would be even more ideal. Thanks so much.

Shadzar

Forge World

They have things like Thunderhawks, and Tau ships, and quite a few others that have interior detial.

I appreciate the response, although I should have been a bit more clear. I\'m looking for the interior of capital ships, or even starbases. http://www.hirstarts.com/scifi/scifi105.jpg is kind of in the right direction, although it\'s not specifically Warhammer 40k. And I\'m not necessarily looking for terrain sets, just reference pictures or drawings enough that I could build my own.

If they don\'t exist I understand as well, I just haven\'t been around 40k long enough to know.

Largely it\'s generic Sci-Fi with Gothic trappings. Whether you\'re inspired by Star Wars, Alien, Firefly or Red Dwarf you\'ll be along the right lines, then just add some fluff appropriate chapter markings. For a little inspiration outside of 40K specific artwork/forums/dioramas I\'d suggest Nemesis the Warlock, originally serialised in 2000 AD but there\'s a fat compilation in print (ISBN-13: 978-1-905437-11-5) Kev O\'Neill & Bryan Talbot go nuts! Kev O\'Neill ABC Warriors too. B.

There was a booklet out a while back that had rules and modeling advice for combining Battlefleet Gothic and 40k. It was only maybe twenty pages, but it had some cool stuff for ship interiors. I\'d tell you the name, but it completely escapes me right now.

There was a huge ork space ship at gamesday this year. I might have a few blurry pics, is that what you want?

Originally posted by BPI
    Largely it\'s generic Sci-Fi with Gothic trappings....
    Kev O\'Neill ABC Warriors too. B.
    Checking those out thank you. :beer:

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    There was a booklet out a while back that had rules...
    but it completely escapes me right now.
    Googling relentlessly, haven\'t found it yet but won\'t stop till I do. Maybe someone else will post the name in the meantime. ;)

Originally posted by Necroghast
    There was a huge ork space ship at gamesday this year. I might have a few blurry pics, is that what you want?
    Interior: yes please!
    Exterior: don\'t bother, but thank you. :)

The Battlefleet Gothic book does have some pictures of interiors, especially of the \"big friggin ship\" variety. Other than that, go standard SciFi, but feel free to jazz it up with some (over the top) knickknacks: Wood panelling, brass scrolling, seals, censers, candles, and lots of skulls. Think \"giant metal cathedral... in SPACE!\" and you should be halfway there :beer:

You can download the BFG rulebook and assorted other stuff from the BFG resourses page HERE

Plenty of illustrations of both the interiors and exteriors of Imperial ships and others. While Hirst arts is very, very good it\'s a bit more inclined towards a generic sci-fi/Starwars kind of feel than the industrial, gothic, steampunk imagery of 40k.

You might also find some decent inspiration from the Firewarrior game as part of that was set on an Imperial battlecruser.

redgreen12

Default HI THARE

well all the hare qwstions look in the roge trader and some say battel fleet goth old WDs call GW well thats all i can think of look at marden batel ships thars sevral fims look at dune of star fiter or TVs balon 5 erth ships its the primative look old sube look well thanks WKJR

Originally posted by Godlikebuthumble
    The Battlefleet Gothic book does have some pictures of interiors, especially of the \"big friggin ship\" variety. Other than that, go standard SciFi, but feel free to jazz it up with some (over the top) knickknacks: Wood panelling, brass scrolling, seals, censers, candles, and lots of skulls. Think \"giant metal cathedral... in SPACE!\" and you should be halfway there :beer:
    You know, that cathedral in space thing isn\'t too far off. 40k ships are so ridiculously big that many of them have crypts (like the Black Templars mothership), cathedrals (Dark Angels) and even whole factories (called forgeships). Some of them are downright ancient, too; the Imperial Fist flagship saw regular use since before the Heresy.

i dont rember the site but look fro BFG magazine and the got picof ship iterior just picture a steel dugeon with every now and then wide open spaces housing egnies and computers hope it helps

You guys are awesome! I\'ve got everything I need. I hope this helps other people and whenever I actually finish my project I\'ll make sure to post pics. ;d

Ok, good that you got what you needed but I have one more suggestion.

Dare I mention it? I will anyway, there were plenty of interior space ships environments in the computer game \"Fire Warrior\"...

i\'m surprised noone mentioned space hulk fire warrior is going to give you some better visuals but space hulk will definately give you some ideas

In 40k Fire Warrior for the PS2 a large chunk of the game took place in some Imperial ships. You might want to see if you could dig up screenshots of that from a site like IGN.

this fella is also doing a space hulk board:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=34210

looks good so far

I think we could both be thinking along the same line. Id like to scratch build my own 3d Space Hulk board. I will start a wip thread here when i make a start on it.

make sure you do!!!

Wahou, thanks for the links and info here.
    I want to build a quite big diaporama, for myself, that would represent the interior of the Dark Angel ship. The landing Bay, in fact. That would allow me to make a large place where the Chapter regiment could wait before boarding both Transporter or landing module.
    The pictures in the BFG book are of real help indeed!