Join a Rackham WIP - Free Minis ! - Page 9
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Join a Rackham WIP - Free Minis !

I suppose the real question at this time is, who will be the first to finish. It\'s inspiring seeing so much great work being done. It really helps to keep me going and pushing myself.

Sorry for the double post... got a bit of paint down tonight. For those getting smooth finishes... any immediate suggestions for getting my finished product looking more professional... and for the love of god don\'t say thin my paint... it\'s freakin\' water.

Here we have a tiny update:

It\'s not much and the pictures are blurry but still...

Shaded the skin, in real it\'s not up to pure black but these are the best pictures I could get. Next step is to smooth out areas that needs it and go on to highlights.

Comments are appreciated, as always :)

Wow thats GREAT skin. Nice blending. Once you\'ve highlighted it it\'s gonna look awesome!

First day of school tommorow....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: So my updates will be less frequent. I did cut out the base though, I\'ll have pictures when I\'m done putting sand on it etc.

Sounds like I\'m in the same boat as Necro. I\'ll also have company coming in this weekend so updates will slow for me.

@apz: That\'s really looking nice, keep the posts coming. That is a rock of a model. :D

Great skin apz! Looking very nice!

My WIP will be starting soon. I have a couple real life things I must take care of first and then I should have a good amount of days to get started.

Thanks for the kind words, it\'s really motivating. I got some highlights on the skin, when I ended them I considered it done (excluding face) but now I see that I should probably push little higher with light and maybe get it to cover more of some of the areas? I also might have overdone it with the color, especially on the front. I\'ll have a fresh look at him tomorrow, any thoughts would be most welcomed though.

Awesome blending, apz. He looks.... moonlit. Is that the plan?

Thanks, it could be now :) But seriously I just picked a colour that I considered suitable for the highlights.

Originally posted by Necroghast
    First day of school tommorow....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: So my updates will be less frequent. I did cut out the base though, I\'ll have pictures when I\'m done putting sand on it etc.
    School?? In August??? lol

Really enjoying this thread guys, keep up the sterling work. Are you going to agree on a common title element for Gallery entries so that they can be easily grouped? Or have I just missed earlier mention of it lol

Apz, I really like the colour of that highlight. I\'d have gone whiter & ended up with him looking like he was smeared in toothpaste lol Is the muzzle going to stay dark or be paler?

:beer: B.

Originally posted by alextheartist
    Originally posted by Necroghast
    School?? In August??? lol
    Yep- first day of my junior year in high school, from now until june, it is school time.

Default Great Idea by BPI !

I suggest all finished wolfen and devourers be posted to the CMON gallery
    ( under your own names of course ), but with a common title, as suggested.

Someone will probably have a better idea, but why not something simple, like:

Wolfen Brigade

The word \"wolfen\" should definitely be in there so that general searches
    on \"wolf\" and \"wolfen\" will be successful.

Perhaps the name of the figure should be there as well for searches.
    e.g. mine would be \"Wolfen Brigade - Bysra\"

Also, be sure to note manufacturer as \"Rackham\".

Thoughts ?

CFW

Yep, great idea BPI! I\'ll go with whatever everyone likes best, name-wise.

Here are a couple of (truly dreadful) progress shots of my vestal, too:

I based with fortress grey and then shaded with a mix of shadow grey/fortress grey followed by hormagaunt purple/thamar black for the deeper recesses and shadowed bits. Unfortunately, I might as well have taken the photos with a black&white setting for all that you can see in these pix! Boo! She\'s much more \'purple\' IRL, I promise. I\'d like to do one more level of shading, then get cracking on the highlighting. But what I really want to do right now is to go to bed and sleep because it\'s nearly half one in the morning. Night night all! :)

Default Update

More work from Tuesday night and Wed afternoon

Bysra has been primed and the basecoating has begun.
    Dark Walnut stain on the base perimeter ( no pics on that )

VMC 115 Khaki for the skin.
    GWF Hormagaunt Purple w/ touch of black for the wraps.

Heading back as soon as this posts.

Also thought I\'d throw in a few pics of my hobby area in my new townhouse.
    This is the 3rd bedroom in the house.

OMG! The paint sets!!!

The Wolfen Brigade. It has a nice ring to it. :D

Alienx

Originally posted by cfwheeler58
    More work from Tuesday night and Wed afternoon

Bysra has been primed and the basecoating has begun.
    Dark Walnut stain on the base perimeter ( no pics on that )

VMC 115 Khaki for the skin.
    GWF Hormagaunt Purple w/ touch of black for the wraps.

Heading back as soon as this posts.

Also thought I\'d throw in a few pics of my hobby area in my new townhouse.
    This is the 3rd bedroom in the house.

Omg! :drool:
    That is the greatest work space ever!!

I probably would have made a mess out of it in just one painting session but still it looks like every mini painters dream :)

@Amazon_warrior: I know the pain, when it\'s sunny I shoot outside now in a lightbox, looks better than with a weak lamps but not great still. Can\'t wait to see it better and with highlights.

@BPI: Don\'t know yet, I decided to leave the skin until I\'m done with other areas to know the balance. A different, paler colour might be a good idea, though.