Join a Rackham WIP - Free Minis ! - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Join a Rackham WIP - Free Minis !

Finally managed to do some pictures on a dark background, he had a little accident while I was at it and there are few areas where the paint came off (his forward hand for example), I\'ll touch it up when I go back to him. Last of the collage photo\'s supposed to show the contrast between his lit right side and shaded blue left, but it didin\'t came that great.

@Joek: great work so far, I appreciate it even more with the better pictures, you\'ve done great with the horns! keep it up :)

Also, great to see others finishing very nicely :)

Sorry for my absence, GD is swallowing most of my time, I\'ll try to get to this soon, or just after though, promise :redface:

Squig

Default Fully Distributed

All have been mailed
    Rosac, TarreKnoire in the mail now
    No confirmation of receipt from Krug yet
    Here is the final distribution:

5 Devourer Huntsmen - Pegazus, Squig, Chrome, Jahminis, AlienGod3
    3 Syriak - JoeK, WingZ, ShiningDarkness
    1 Varghar - APZ
    2 Tracker #2 - Krug, Nick232
    2 Bysra - Elric2K, Cfwheeler58
    1 Lonewolf #1 - MightyDwarf
    2 Lonewolf #2 - Stubert, Necroghast
    1 Repentant #2 - Pez5767
    1 Voracious Warrior - MightyChad
    1 Older Wolfen WFEL01 - Scherdy
    1 Older Wolfen WFEL02 - Quietmanes
    1 Older Wolfen WFEL03 - Shakes
    1 Older Wolfen WFEL04 - Occultist
    1 Older Wolfen WFRG04 - CleenX
    1 Older Wolfen WFRG05 - Maltique
    2 Older Wolfen WFRG03 - Rosac, TarreKnoire

That\'s 27 including myself and Amazon Warrior.

2 Figures posted to \"Wolfen Brigade\" so far.
    Several nearly done or well on their way.
    Keep \'em coming.

Right, nmm, streamers and fiddly bits done. Bar adding a base, I\'d call this girly finished:

The photos are of course shocking - her muzzle and the streamer highlights aren\'t really that white and stark - but I think they\'ll do to show what I\'ve done.

Default CFW Bysra Update

Lined in all the primary metalwork with Dk Grey
    Highlighted skin
    More work on the face ( teeth need to be toned down still )
    Moved staff head to a cooler palette in keeping with overall tone

Not sure about tail color
    Talons and claws will be darker
    Voodoo head will be less warm

Splitting time working on base now.

Feedback welcome.

Would also appreciate votes and comments on recently posted older work.
    Link here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/230913

@AW Looks great. Like the blades a lot.

2 Suggestions, based on photos.

1) A little bit of highlighting on the hands/fingers
    2) A touch of darklining between tunic and belt. Perhaps an Orange-Brown there.

@CFW: I think he\'s beginning to look really good. I like the colour of the skirt, and his face is great. The tail colour looks fine to me, in keeping with his skin colour, what are you planning on highlighting it with?

Originally posted by cfwheeler58
    @AW Looks great. Like the blades a lot.

2 Suggestions, based on photos.

1) A little bit of highlighting on the hands/fingers
    2) A touch of darklining between tunic and belt. Perhaps an Orange-Brown there.
    Mmmm yes, I see what you mean. That might be tomorrow evening\'s project! lol

Think this will be the last pic before it\'s complete really. Bit more tidying up and a little more base-work to go, but I\'m fairly pleased with it!

I\'m starting to think I\'ve got a really great base but not so great a model. I might start over on it. (except the sword I\'m happy with that)

Default Am I finished?

Hey Gang... unfortunatley, I have pressing other models to attend to. I figured I would do one more post, then throw this guy up as part of the Wolfen Brigade. Any last suggestions or comments before he is released to the masses?

Yeah! Actual progress! Got the arm cut last night, repositioned, and green-stuffed! It isn\'t exactly in the spot I\'d envisioned, but trying to bend it any further would result in a two-piece arm with some sculpting challenges for me. As it is, there\'s a bit of leather band (presumably for holding the armor on) that will appear to be pulling the flesh, so I think it\'ll still work.

This was the first time I think I used my jewelry saw, and I was amazed at how easily it cut through the metal. Course, that\'s what it was designed to do, but I had to take care not to move too far. Made two cuts: a square notch on the outside of the arm next to the armored elbow plate and a single cut opposite. Pushed the arm outwards to get it to a more extended position, then filled in the gaps.

I also roughed out the base. I\'m thinking of using some left over stucco patch on the basing. Don\'t have a house that\'s stucco anymore, so I\'d throw it out except I might be able to use it for ground. Might give a nice texture. Anyway, a circled A is where an aspen tree will be (or at least, the first few scaled feet of it), WW for werewolf, and a couple of circle As with cut noted where the bow\'s blade will have sliced through. The werewolf will have been trapped by the fighter, and the wolfen will not have time to reach the battle so is throwing a knife after slicing through some trees to have a better view. I\'m also planning on a rather thorny looking bush in the middle.

Okay, picture time:

That\'s going to be huge Pegazus! Really looking forward to seeing more. :)

@Pez: I could stand to see a lil more contrast on the axe blade, but he\'s very nice otherwise.

@Joek: Very atmospheric. Love the glow on the croissant! lol

@pez5767: I agree with Amazon_warrior - really solid work, nmm on the top of his axe looks exceptional, hope you\'ll make the same work with the rest of it. The grass however might use some more depth for my taste, few washes should do the trick.

@Amazon_warrior: Nice and smooth, colours look little muted but I believe it\'s the photo\'s fault, eyes and teeth really helped the face, as did the golden parts in her hair, great job.

Default Feedback

@Chrome Great blending on the skin. Starting to look awesome. Let\'s see more.

@Necro Interesting base. Can\'t wait to see where this is headed.

@ JoeK Aces. Love the base.

@APZ Love the look with the black background.

@pez Agree with others that the overall NMM is not to the standard of the excellent rear blade tip.
    A little more work there would elevate this to excellent.
    I also think a little more contrast on the hood would pop out. Higher highs, deeper shadows.
    Great photo skills. Jealous am I.

@AW Done ?

@Pegazus. Ambitious...and large. Looking forward to seeing more.

@ShiningDarkness Great job. Comments at the Wolfen Brigade posting.

Hope I didn\'t miss anybody....

Great work guys. The painting\'s looking awesome. Only one thing I seem to have a problem with. Is Joek\'s guy holding up a giant croissant?

Originally posted by Hard Cover
    Great work guys. The painting\'s looking awesome. Only one thing I seem to have a problem with. Is Joek\'s guy holding up a giant croissant?
    Yup, I seriously think it\'s some ironic statement by the french company. I suspect the Wolf chap is seriously upset about the dubious condition of the food :P

Originally posted by Joek
    Originally posted by Hard Cover
    Yup, I seriously think it\'s some ironic statement by the french company. I suspect the Wolf chap is seriously upset about the dubious condition of the food :P
    According to the fluff, it\'s some sort of lunar totem thing, them worshipping a moon goddess \'n\' all. But I think \"ironic statement\" is closer to the truth! lol

@CFW: Almost! She\'s got something of a base now. Just need to do a lil tidying up and implement your suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I reworked the blade and some of the other metalics. Hopefully this does you all proud.

VOTE LINK
    Thanks a million to CFW. This was a great experience.

Very nice.

Post it to the Wolfen Brigade !!!!