Is this genuine or is it shopped?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this genuine or is it shopped?

Default Is this genuine or is it shopped?

I\'ve got real reservations on this one:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index.php?id=229056&letknown=1

The face looks shopped in the last pic, but I really cant tell

I\'m with you on this one Rev, can\'t decide either
    I was trying to concentrate on the light flares, to see if they are always in the same place, but I\'m still not sure
    the ones on the leg in particular

the mini doesn\'t seem to be lit the same as the base IMO

same mini, different posting, seems a bit more obvious, although still not conclusive
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/229025

That\'s what got me as well. The base seems to be separate from the mini. The focus is different and he looks almost superimposed.

even looking through his gallery doesn\'t really help

I would have to say no.

It\'s obviously been cut off the background and having a pure white background can make mini\'s look fake.

There is some blurring going on though which helps soften the look.

Look at the Left leg, there is a very thin black line outlining it over the background in all shots, If you look at the close up in the op post you can see that there is a black outline around the entire miniature even where it would be impossible to put one, ie where the model meets the background. My judgment is still out but it def looks to be heavily photoshoped at the least.

It\'s a funny one alright! I know he\'s cut it out generally speaking, but as Wombat says it looks like he\'s been balanced on the rock as well. On the overhead, there\'s a feature on the rock that looks like a crack or something. That looks unreal as well, or painted on perhaps.l

its not photoshopped imo

Looks to me like it\'s a genuine painted miniature but that he\'s gone over all the blends and smoothed them out in photoshop. For me the clue is that the blended sections have no photo grain and feel artificially smooth on the surface where paint has a different effect.

The blending around the feet might add to the look of him not being attached to the rock whereas he probably is in reality.

Originally posted by SJB
    Looks to me like it\'s a genuine painted miniature but that he\'s gone over all the blends and smoothed them out in photoshop. For me the clue is that the blended sections have no photo grain and feel artificially smooth on the surface where paint has a different effect.

The blending around the feet might add to the look of him not being attached to the rock whereas he probably is in reality.
    Aye, I see what you mean. I noticed a huge discrepancy between registered user vote scores and general vote scores, so thought maybe other people were a bit suspicious.

Must admit there are a lot of mini\'s I\'ve seen that I think must have been shopped. Wouldn\'t bet the farm on it but I do find it hard to believe some of what I\'ve seen.

Originally posted by SJB
    Looks to me like it\'s a genuine painted miniature but that he\'s gone over all the blends and smoothed them out in photoshop.
    After a long look at this mini I\'m thinking along similar lines.
    So I\'m going to consider it tweaked a little.
    But Hey won\'t be the first, won\'t be the last.

Smoothed a bit would be my vote, done selectively on the figure only - use of Surface Blue or Median can give something like this, confined to the right areas.

Einion

I guess the simplest solution would be not to vote on a particular mini if you have doubts as to it\'s authenticity
    just click the next arrow:D

I\'ve no idea as to whether digital painting has taken place but I\'m not sure it matters, it looks like a nicely painted miniature struggling to be seen under a mess of software tweaking. Looks like someone just kept clicking on buttons in Photoshop & didn\'t know when to stop! The bottom pic in particular with the horrible jaggies on the outline and the less said about that blinding pure white background the better. I\'m suprised that the score is over 9, I\'d have expected 7-8 with comments saying +1 for better pics? B.

Some shopped blending, I believe.

Take a look at the model\'s right pectoral. Different in each shot. Also look at areas in the cape and you can notice changes between photos.

Just learn to blend on the actual figure! Saves a lot of time in the end :D

-Matt

after looking at it...i have noticed the same similarities. shame really... it looks fine the way it is.

It is a bit weird and funny looking...