GW\'s \'secret\' box game. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GW\'s \'secret\' box game.

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Did anyone count the Skullz™ on the minis? Even the genestealer figs are covered in \'em!
    oh you skeptic!

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    For all those thinking they need to re-base..

Tech-Deck

Sorry for the SPAM, But hey I need to raise some money so I can afford a copy too.. :)
    oh yeah! perfect!
    and i now need it simply for the dead guy

Interesting that the general impression is a positive one. A couple of \"Space Hulk ain\'t great\" & a couple of \"How much money?\" but lots of \"Oooh, look at those minis\". I guess being a Fantasy rather than Sci-Fi fan/painter/reader/player means this was never really aimed at me. I wonder if next August there\'ll be a Limited Edition Dark Future lol B.

Its funny, for all the criticism about the marketing strategy for this \"top secret\" \"never been done before\" etc etc games, I have never seen so much discussion about a new release. I actually think that the GW marketing boys have done a great job at whipping up excitement. Judging by the feedback on CMON, BoLS and Warpseer there are a lot of people out there who have ordered SH.

My only concerns are whether this really is limited edition and whether it is appropriate for such a popular game to release it on a limited basis. The implication being that it is not really going to be supported or supplemented.

Still it brings back youthful memories of a period when I still had time to game, paint, sleep. Heck I even had hair back then!

they just showed the insides of the game. apparently the space marines are red plastic and genestealers are purple. i dont know what to think about that...but oh well.

Originally posted by uberdark
    they just showed the insides of the game. apparently the space marines are red plastic and genestealers are purple. i dont know what to think about that...but oh well.
    It doesn\'t bother me at all.

I would assume lots of people are going to paint them. Depending on how they look, I was planning on just leaving them as \'gaming pieces\'. Just like my zombies from LAST NIGHT ON EARTH.

Believe me, as a painter/collector who wants to be a gamer, the luster of the games wears off much faster than I can paint the damn things. So, I\'ll appreciate it if I can \'start playing\' right away.

Shouldn\'t matter what color of plastic they are. If you are going to prime and paint them anyway it will make no difference.

-Matt

\'Effin self-imposed student budget! I haven\'t bought a thing from GW in about 2 years and this comes along!

Originally posted by AinuLainour
    \'Effin self-imposed student budget! I haven\'t bought a thing from GW in about 2 years and this comes along!
    uber points finger and laughs.... then realizes he is married with 2 kids and is on a teacher salary.

uber walks back to corner and cry.

Originally posted by AinuLainour
    uber points finger and laughs.... then realizes he is married with 2 kids and is on a teacher salary.

uber walks back to corner and cry.
    Yeah don\'t know if the wife would believe me if I told her \"what new game - I have had this for ages!\"

If I recall correctly weren\'t the colour of the marines in the first edition of Space Hulk red??? and then in a later re-run (before they re-did the marines for 2nd edition Space Hulk) they were blue???

Hi War Griifon, in my ed of Space Hulk all of the SM & GS figures are in dark blue plastic (part painted example on my BPI WIP thread pg1 for anyone unfamiliar with the sculpt but doesn\'t show bare plastic), the Tyrannid Attacks expansion were beige, can\'t remember for the Death Wing expansion though. B.

I think their \"marketing\" strategy has lost me as a customer for this product. Not that they have the slightest chance to notice, they\'ll sell out ASAP either way.

Sure, fine, you need to create a \"buzz\" about your product, you need to create some interest. Fine. Good. Do that, whatever way you like, but don\'t strait up LIE about it. Never been done my toosh.

I\'m tempted to buy it anyway...but I really want to stick to my guns on this one. Sadly, I know my son and a few non-table-top-gamer friends would love to play some Space Hulk.

Maybe I\'ll go to GW after work tommorrow. lol:flame:lol

Well I thought long and hard about it and weighed up all the options-yes it is £60 for a game but the models are pretty sweet (wierd bases or not). I then thought about how much I normaly spend on GW stuff every month and the answer was not very much to be honest-I normaly go through ebay or another internet stockist for my stuff so I save quite a bit. You would pay £60 to get that amount of models anyway but you are getting some limited edition models and a game as well for that price-not that bad really given the normal spending habbits of a gamer!

So my decision is to get it and be happy with my purchase (in fact I got two, one to play and one to keep because Im a hoarder).

Despite my cynicism about the skullz on the figures, Space Hulk was one of my favourite GW games.

Hopefully we\'ll see a resurgence in GW releasing revamps of their old boxed games. They were mostly excellent and more enjoyable to play than their \'core\' games.

Despite my cynicism about the skullz on the figures, Space Hulk was one of my favourite GW games.

Hopefully we\'ll see a resurgence in GW releasing revamps of their old boxed games. They were mostly excellent and more enjoyable to play than their \'core\' games.
    wait a sec.....did spacemunkie just kind of give a slight compliment to gw? oh man run for the hills!!!!! the end of the world is nigh. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

lol ;)

:D

Bring back Bloodbowl with a proper plastic pitch and dugouts with some quality new plastic teams.

I\'d buy that.

These sort of games offer them huge opportunities to break out of their self-imposed rut. I\'d like to see them produce a really tight modern-day zombie game with a hatful of plastic figs, and something to do with superheroes in a style that\'s totally different to their usual stuff.

Sod it. Anything that\'s different. They\'ve just become boring over the last 10 years.

:D

Bring back Bloodbowl with a proper plastic pitch and dugouts with some quality new plastic teams.

I\'d buy that.

These sort of games offer them huge opportunities to break out of their self-imposed rut. I\'d like to see them produce a really tight modern-day zombie game with a hatful of plastic figs, and something to do with superheroes in a style that\'s totally different to their usual stuff.

Sod it. Anything that\'s different. They\'ve just become boring over the last 10 years.
    yeh man, the smaller games had the flavour without the huge expense (unless you wanted to spend a lot!) of gw\'s games.
    it attracted a lot of customers and those customers then moved onto the main gw lines.

any of you guys remember:

Trolls in the pantry
    Oi datz my leg

and the third one which the name escapes me.

I loved them, and you had a free audio cassette (before CD\'s for you young ones) with gobbos, and trolls singing strange songs.

I always played the standard game of BB rather than the American Football system with downs and all that. Anyone else the same? Used to play Dwarves. Class!

Originally posted by Talion
    any of you guys remember:

Trolls in the pantry
    Oi datz my leg

and the third one which the name escapes me.

I loved them, and you had a free audio cassette (before CD\'s for you young ones) with gobbos, and trolls singing strange songs.
    Was it \"Zog It\" or \"Zog Off\"?

Quite like the look of the new Space Hulk, this edition rules looks like it has rules for broodlords, librarians, so vastly more in depth than the last one. I think the whole £60 price tag is difficult and depends upon how you look at it. From a mini perspective it\'s fantastic value - from a board game point of view it\'s expensive. Personally I\'m going to wait until Wayland Games have it available and get it with a bit of discount (hopefully)

pete