Matt's WIP 2.0
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's WIP 2.0

Default Matt's WIP 2.0

No more Bretonnians, but lots of other stuff for your viewing pleasure.

First up I have my Empire army that I have been working on here and there. Just a tabletop quality army. That last picture of the bunch shows the big box filled with the rest of the stuff I have ready for paint. Not pictured are a few more heroes, 30 metal greatswords and 80 or so more state troops I still need to build.

I noticed Mousekiller has started an Empire WIP that\'s the same color scheme. Should be awesome seeing the two armies come together!

Next up is a sample Salamander Marine I did for a potential client (The same one jah did his Salamander for. Not sure who got the job. Was it you, jah?)

Next is a Stegadon awaiting some Skink crewmen. This is for my Lizardmen fun army that features 7 stegadons :D

The same gentleman who commissioned me to paint the huge Bretonnian army has recently shipped me some more figures to finish off his Space Marine army which I painted for him a couple years ago. You can see the army in my CMON gallery. Here\'s a shot of one of the marines I painted for him back in 2007:

And here\'s some of the models I will be building over the next few days:

Anyhoo, thanks for following!

-Matt
    Last edited by mattsterbenz; 01-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Matt, do you ever sleep.....or do anything else ?

Or..... have you cranked out 4 or 5 clones and have them chained up in your well-lit and ventilated dungeon ?

I really enjoyed following your Brettonian WIP, so needless to say that I am really looking forward to following this one as well.

Originally posted by cfwheeler58
    Matt, do you ever sleep.....or do anything else ?

Or..... have you cranked out 4 or 5 clones and have them chained up in your well-lit and ventilated dungeon ?
    Not really lol Occasionally I find the time to go to the local Irish pub or some place to keep from being a social misfit, but usually school and painting keep a tight leash on me! :D

Forgot I still had these pictures on my computer. This is a War of the Ring army I painted a couple months ago for a local client. He wanted them to be very basic to keep the cost low. Took about a week from start to finish.

Cheers guys. More updates to come this week, as it\'s my last week of summer before classes begin again.

-Matt

hey matt...

you\'re a machine, man...
    i would go crazy paintin\' so many similair models...

i\'m lookin\' forward to seein\' the stegadon done..

by the way, i didn\'t get the job for the sallies...
    i got way underbid, and then the painter realized the job wasn\'t worth it...
    everything kinda went into limbo from there...

right now i work for Dragonblood minis, so i\'m not too disappointed...

keep up the good work, brother...

cheers
    jah

It\'s been a while, hasn\'t it?

Been real busy with school (making myself keep straight A\'s) so I can\'t paint as much as I\'d like, but I still have a good deal of an update...

First up is a small Nurgle warband I painted up (really quickly) for a Path To Glory campaign a couple months ago. I used it as an excuse to test out an army color scheme. Maybe some day I\'ll have enough time to paint an army of my own.

Then there\'s a High Elf I converted and painted for a local customer. Stayed up all night finishing his stuff so he could use it in a tournament, and the Dullcote decided to frost on everything! So this is the second time this guy\'s been painted. Still got to repaint a Tyrion. Thankfully the Dragon Princes turned out ok and don\'t need to get stripped.

Then we have some of the yellow marines. A drop pod and some scouts. Got 3 more drop pods just about finished. That\'s a tough kit to build. Getting the pieces to match up after painting is a royal pain in the arse.

Thanks for following. Until next time, happy painting!

-Matt

How many minis are you painting?! You\'re the quickest good painter I\'ve ever seen. You must do an average of the minis you paint in an hour.

whats the yellow on the scouts?
    darksun-bad moon- white?

Its all great stuff Matt :D
    Cant believe you can paint so fast and so good! You are an inspiration :)

Straight A\'s, multiple army commissions plus your own fun army! Wow, I can feel myself panicing at the thought of opening a box to see 4 Drop Pods & all those other bits to get painted in any time period measured in less than decades lol I really like the Nurgle Warband, a great example of effective army painting, the red spot colour works brilliantly :beer: B.

Cheers guys

You\'re correct about that yellow, mud duck.
    -Iyanden Darksun
    -Shade foundation orange (forgot the name)
    -Re-highlight Darksun
    -Darksun + Bad Moon Yellow+ white
    -Previous mix + more Bad Moon and white.

As far as the speed goes, got the High Elf guy done in about 2 hours. Nurgle stuff was done in a weekend. 10 Scouts done mostly over a weekend (few minutes here and there during the week as school allowed it. Probably around 10-12 hours for the whole squad of 10). Drop pod around the same.

Thanks for following, everyone. Coming up next are 3 more drop pods, some tactical marines, Tyrion, and a couple competition quality dreadnoughts!

There\'s also a Space Wolf army in the works for a new customer, though that won\'t really be started until the yellow guys are done with.

Take care,

-Matt

i\'ve said it before, and i\'ll say it again...
    you\'re a machine, matt...

i\'m lookin\' forward to seein\' the top-quality dreadnoughts...

keep it up...

cheers
    jah

Got a quick update for this thread.

I need to crop a few more images and post them. Probably tomorrow. It's of a tactical squad and some other things for the Imperial Dragon army. Look forward to a lot more of these guys real soon.

This is a test figure for a Space Wolf army that I will be working on once the Dragon army is done. Can't wait!

Thanks for following!

-Matt

You're a machine Matt!

Fantastic work again Matt! Can't believe how you can churn out so much stuff to be honest :s

Cheers guys

Here's a few shots of a tactical squad for the Imperial Dragon army:

And some of the High Elves that I just got around to posting on my photobucket:

Still have to filter through some more pictures. If only I had more time...

Should have a squad of terminators done in the next day or two. Stay tuned!

Thanks for following-

-Matt
    Last edited by mattsterbenz; 11-16-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Nice crisp vivid paint jobs these two armies are going to look very nice on a table top.

Hi, very impressive paintjobs! I'm looking forward to see the Space Wolves!

Finally have another update. School has kept me from checking forums but I have still been painting as much as usual. I've gotten all of the Imperial Dragons painted up. Couple of fuzzy pictures though... (lighting was terrible when I took the pictures).

I also started painting up some of my new Skaven army (a few minutes here and there, as I can spare it).

I've got a couple competition quality Salamander dreadnoughts that should be posted in the next few days, then it's full steam on the Space Wolves!

Thanks for following,

-Matt
    Last edited by mattsterbenz; 01-17-2010 at 06:36 AM.

love them!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.