I\'m so sick of NOT painting!

Thread: I\'m so sick of NOT painting!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default I\'m so sick of NOT painting!

I\'ve had my paints packed up for a while now and I\'ve been away from the boards and I MISS YOU GUYS and my fingers ACHE to pck up a brush! It\'s driving me nuts! I wish I\'d get a new place alreay.

Anyone else ever go through this?:(

Originally posted by lizcam
    I\'ve had my paints packed up for a while now and I\'ve been away from the boards and I MISS YOU GUYS and my fingers ACHE to pck up a brush! It\'s driving me nuts! I wish I\'d get a new place alreay.

Yeah, right now, and for almost exactly the same reasons (my paints aren\'t packed away yet, but they should be!). It\'s especially frustrating \'cos I just had a huge Hasslefree order come through. I wanna play, dammit! :(

I understand. I was jsut looking at my miniatures and thinking about painting. But I am very busy these days.

I seem to always be too busy or tired to paint these days, I did get round to prepping a mini last night, but thats been it for months.

Yep, when I moved from Hong Kong to go to college I had to give up modelling almost entirely (this going from doing some nearly every day as a teenager). Did some building one summer, painted it the next - having to wait a year sucked! - and then it got worse as I had to go cold turkey for about four years.

Just blind luck I fell back into the hobby when I did - happened to be working with a guy who was a member of the local modelling club.

Einion

I haven\'t painted since about March. I\'v just got no enthusiasm for it.

Plus I go away in a week to the Lakes, then a day after I get back from that I\'v got a one way ticket to Amsterdam and a bike full of gear. So all my stuff is now being packed away as I have no idea when I will be back.

Peace and love...

Broke n English

It\'s worth the enforced wait when you do get back to it though :) BnE (was over 1 year sober) :P

I\'m sorry to hear your paints are packed :( Are you able to maybe just put together a little traveling paint kit? Maybe in a small cigar box, could have a few colors, a brush, small jar with lid, and wax paper or paper palette can fit in a small container. Maybe throw in some metal files for cleaning flash, hardware stores have them for pretty cheap. Back to school sales are coming up so you might be able to find something that would work as a good container. Good luck & hope you can paint soon!

The thing is she\'s also working overtime to pay for the move, and to get me over there in October. Well, that part\'s payed for at least.

Good luck with all that is on your plate Liz I am sure you will rise to the occasions your a tuffie. You could try to dwell on the joy once you get back to it while waiting plan your dream painting space maybe in an imaginary place?
    Hopefully when Roger gets there you will be waylaid for better reasons.

I must admit I am with you though Liz,
    I dropped off the boards and the painting. I have no time and I find myself pining for the paints.

Silver lining is... I am taking painting II with a kick butt teacher and printmaking also. I will get some creative activity there but it is rather stressing painting for a grade not quite as fun but better than none.
    I find the lack has saved me from that burn out feeling I used to get from too many pans in the fire and it has left me with that lusty want to paint feeling...my time will come :]

Blog Entries

Yes.

Can\'t imagine it. I don\'t know WHAT I\'d do. Good luck on the move Liz.

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    ...and to get me over there in October. Well, that part\'s payed for at least.
    Awww, you crazy kids! :D:cool:

Hi Matty1001, if you get the chance to log in from time to time let us all know where in the world you\'ve made it to. Oh, & take pretty pics :) Have fun :beer: B.

Oh, peace & love too, :)

Originally posted by Trevor
    I seem to always be too busy or tired to paint these days, I did get round to prepping a mini last night, but thats been it for months.
    I don\'t mind :D

Yep I am very frustrated at the moment with not having the time to paint and when I do it is usually for somebody else. I actually haven\'t painted one of my own minis for months now. I used to be able to get a steady number of minis finished but since starting my new job which involves me being away from home alot and not much free time when not on shift I just don\'t feel like painting.
    When I get home at weekends my minis look at me longingly wanting me to paint them but I just don\'t have the time or the inclination.