Flight of the Eisenstein

Thread: Flight of the Eisenstein

Default Flight of the Eisenstein

I just finished this book, it was gooooooood, and I wanted to know if the later books talk about what \"purpose\" Nathaniel Garro has? They give the impression that he may join the inquisition but they never really say what he does...

yeah, i enjoyed the book as well...

i don\'t remember Garro makin\' another appearance yet, but he should be back...
    there was mention of him in the Sisters Of Silence short story, when the sisters spoke of fighting by his side...

i would imagine that he will reappear for the siege of Terra...

keep reading, \'cause Fulgrim is one of the coolest books in the series, as are Legion and Mechanicum...

i enjoyed Battle for the Abyss, but a lot of people didn\'t...

the latest, Fallen Angels, was great...
    i\'m really lookin\' forward to the Wolves and T\'sons goin\' at it in the next two books...

these books may not be fine literature, but they definitely inspie me to paint...

cheers
    jah

I was going ot say the samething. Keep reading. You will notice when, if he shows up.

Fulgrim is good. But my favorite is still Horus Rising.

Where are you in North America Jah? Are you still in Alaska?

I think the series is a good read (and despite initial misgivings, I think the Dark Angels one is probably the best), I just wish they weren\'t so tied to a set size (or at least, they were - I think GW\'s book length policy is changing now). I could have done with much more background on the \'good\' Horus and the grand works really. Horus\' fall happens a bit too quickly for my liking.

Still, they\'re a decent read, and very enjoyable.

I think they did that because a lot of the gaming community wouldn\'t want to spend too much time reading a long and drawn out story.

I find that Gaunt\'s Ghost are the same but I don\'t feel like I am missing anything. I don\'t feel like that aout he Heresy series either.

I agree that the books could be longer but personally these books are just the right size for me. When books run longer than about 400 pages I begin to lose interest. I tried reading battlefield earth a few years ago, over 1000 pages, and I gave up after about 500 pages. I also have a couple books from the Wheel of Time series but do not think I will ever read them :)

Originally posted by Aliengod3
    I agree that the books could be longer but personally these books are just the right size for me. When books run longer than about 400 pages I begin to lose interest. I tried reading battlefield earth a few years ago, over 1000 pages, and I gave up after about 500 pages. I also have a couple books from the Wheel of Time series but do not think I will ever read them :)
    I think the trick with the WOT books is just to not stop! I\'ve always got to book 4, and real life starts up. Consequently, the thing never gets finished! God knows how many times I\'ve read the first three...

I take it this is a 40k book?

yes, it is. it was a while since i read Eisenstein, but from what i gather *SPOILERS* he was instructed by the Emperor\'s secretary to form the inquisition/ death watch. oh, and the moon fight was AWESOME

i still think legion had the best twist