Twinblade 54mm by Pegaso

Thread: Twinblade 54mm by Pegaso

Default Twinblade 54mm by Pegaso

Hi all,
    I present to you my last piece.
    This is the new part of the series gheenna, the 54mm fantasy Pegaso lines, scupted by Andrea Jula, that i paint for the Box-art.
    Fantastic piece, ful of caracter and details!!!

i say you nothing about the painting on it because I am preparing a long article devoted entirely to the creation of this piece (which was fun but very hard, perhaps my toughest job ever), and I\'m going to translate in English soon.

A sincere thanks to Luca Marchetti and Pietro Balloni and all the Pegaso for the great honor of painting the boxart of this fantastic miniature.

hope you like, and, as always, your comments, feedback, criticsm etcc are really appreciated

Franciuus

cmon link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/230093

nice work, love that massive tat

is that article going to be free or will you have to buy it in some sort of magazine?

absolutely free ;)
    thank you for your comment

I think the painting is superb, I am very unsure about the miniature. Speaking as a huge fan of Pegaso, I\'m unsure about the fantasy range. I like the chap with the swords, the mantis/tiger thing is a little too out-there for my taste.

Having said that the detail and realisation is perfect.

Great painting, the tattoo is brilliant!

Beautiful paintwork but the mini itself does absolutely nothing for me.

make sure you post the article here, i would love to read it!

cracking paint job :)

the insect/lion creature is realy wierd, which is why it\'s so cool :D:cool:

To expand on what I said in another thread the other day, the extremely dark shadowing on the skin makes it look more like dirt than shadow - it goes all the way to what appears to be pure black (on a nearly vertical surface). Compare with the leather - a much darker basic colour - which is shaded very similarly. I think the muscle definition on the torso is also too sharply delineated; even reducing the image to around lifesize it stands out a bit too much to look \'right\'.

I realise this is a fantasy piece but it\'s basically painted in a fairly realist style and the skin shadows don\'t tally with the way the creature\'s flanks or underside are shaded for example, so the big contrast in handling between the two makes this stand out in my eyes.

Einion

Originally posted by Einion
    To expand on what I said in another thread the other day, the extremely dark shadowing on the skin makes it look more like dirt than shadow - it goes all the way to what appears to be pure black (on a nearly vertical surface). Compare with the leather - a much darker basic colour - which is shaded very similarly. I think the muscle definition on the torso is also too sharply delineated; even reducing the image to around lifesize it stands out a bit too much to look \'right\'.
    My thoughts exactly. It looks even more weird on the torso considering the tattoed area being hardly shaded or highlighted at all.

But, apart from that, I think it looks great!

Great painting, but that creature is a bit weird...I don\'t care for it.

Originally posted by Einion

I realise this is a fantasy piece but it\'s basically painted in a fairly realist style and the skin shadows don\'t tally with the way the creature\'s flanks or underside are shaded for example, so the big contrast in handling between the two makes this stand out in my eyes.

Einion
    ok, i think i understand what you mean and it\'s possible you are true, i just can say two thing, the 1st is that my miniature are even far from beautifoul on pictures, most of the things you see in this photos are not in real life: the pictures is very big (this is a 54mm!), as you can see and more constrasting than the real version, i think this is a choise of the boxart\'s photographer to make more visible the sculpt. so is a very good pictures but more more sharp than the real life version.
    the second thing is that this is my idea for this piece: to study a very intense constrast, graphical, e not necessary realistic... but it\'s absolutely possible this is not well executed :P

in the article i talkin also about this..

another thing is a little problem of the sculp, that is very very very good in all the detail, consider this is a small piece, but has the leg a little flat and smooth in contrast with the quite strong muscle definition of the torso, so when i try to paint that in the same graphical way i have some problems and i do this a little darker to expand the effect..

thank you very much for your feedback, and i really hope in the future you can see in RL to understand what i mean.
    thank you, because for me the confrontation with other painter is the very best way to improve ourselves and i appreciate this a lot!!
    thank you all for your kind word and sorry for my disgusting english :p

Fra