Valour

Thread: Valour

Default Valour

Don\'t know what you folks think about the afghan war, but I thought this story was rather inspiring.

Times Online

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Great goings.

I leave for Us army basic training in less than 2 weeks now. Going in for Infantry, and i can say that i will most likely be deployed. That being said, i\'m glad it will be alongside men and women like that.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by Recoil889
    I leave for Us army basic training in less than 2 weeks now. Going in for Infantry, and i can say that i will most likely be deployed. That being said, i\'m glad it will be alongside men and women like that.
    Where you taking basic at?
    September / October is much better than Georgia in June/July, but not near as much fun as Great Mistakes in January.

Blog Entries

Uncommon valor is a common virtue.

Originally posted by airhead
    Originally posted by Recoil889
    Where you taking basic at?
    September / October is much better than Georgia in June/July, but not near as much fun as Great Mistakes in January.

Ft benning, Ga. I\'ll be there for 16 weeks

Medics are an amazing group. Nothing but admiration for this woman.

Quote:
    \"She applied field dressings and a tourniquet to the most seriously injured, Corporal Paul Mather, and then waited for an emergency response team to arrive.\"
    Theres no link, but Corporal Mather was being interviewed on the Local BBC news last night. What this story misses is that he continued to give orders to his squad whilst on the stretcher, in order to suppress the Taliban assault they were under and give accurate details for an air support strike.

I have insufficient words to express the level of respect I hold for our troops out there.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Quote:
    \"She applied field dressings and a tourniquet to the most seriously injured, Corporal Paul Mather, and then waited for an emergency response team to arrive.\"
    Theres no link, but Corporal Mather was being interviewed on the Local BBC news last night. What this story misses is that he continued to give orders to his squad whilst on the stretcher, in order to suppress the Taliban assault they were under and give accurate details for an air support strike.

I have insufficient words to express the level of respect I hold for our troops out there.
    Yeah, I heard about that; I was floored. We just gotta make sure the people in charge are doing a job worthy of the people they command.

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    We just gotta make sure the people in charge are doing a job worthy of the people they command.
    Unfortunatley they are politicians, so the answer is a profound; No They Are Not.