Valour
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Valour

  1. #1

    Default Valour

    Don\'t know what you folks think about the afghan war, but I thought this story was rather inspiring.

    Times Online

  2. #2
    Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    sunny orlando
    Posts
    7,634
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Great goings.



  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    I leave for Us army basic training in less than 2 weeks now. Going in for Infantry, and i can say that i will most likely be deployed. That being said, i\'m glad it will be alongside men and women like that.

  5. #5
    Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    sunny orlando
    Posts
    7,634
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by Recoil889
    I leave for Us army basic training in less than 2 weeks now. Going in for Infantry, and i can say that i will most likely be deployed. That being said, i\'m glad it will be alongside men and women like that.
    Where you taking basic at?
    September / October is much better than Georgia in June/July, but not near as much fun as Great Mistakes in January.

  6. #6
    Superfreak!!! Sand Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    6,818
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Uncommon valor is a common virtue.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by airhead
    Originally posted by Recoil889
    I leave for Us army basic training in less than 2 weeks now. Going in for Infantry, and i can say that i will most likely be deployed. That being said, i\'m glad it will be alongside men and women like that.
    Where you taking basic at?
    September / October is much better than Georgia in June/July, but not near as much fun as Great Mistakes in January.

    Ft benning, Ga. I\'ll be there for 16 weeks


  8. #8

    Default

    Medics are an amazing group. Nothing but admiration for this woman.

  9. #9
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote:
    \"She applied field dressings and a tourniquet to the most seriously injured, Corporal Paul Mather, and then waited for an emergency response team to arrive.\"
    Theres no link, but Corporal Mather was being interviewed on the Local BBC news last night. What this story misses is that he continued to give orders to his squad whilst on the stretcher, in order to suppress the Taliban assault they were under and give accurate details for an air support strike.

    I have insufficient words to express the level of respect I hold for our troops out there.

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Quote:
    \"She applied field dressings and a tourniquet to the most seriously injured, Corporal Paul Mather, and then waited for an emergency response team to arrive.\"
    Theres no link, but Corporal Mather was being interviewed on the Local BBC news last night. What this story misses is that he continued to give orders to his squad whilst on the stretcher, in order to suppress the Taliban assault they were under and give accurate details for an air support strike.

    I have insufficient words to express the level of respect I hold for our troops out there.
    Yeah, I heard about that; I was floored. We just gotta make sure the people in charge are doing a job worthy of the people they command.

  11. #11
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Originally posted by evil tendencies
    We just gotta make sure the people in charge are doing a job worthy of the people they command.
    Unfortunatley they are politicians, so the answer is a profound; No They Are Not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->