Space Hulk...Rules questions, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk...Rules questions, etc.

Default Space Hulk...Rules questions, etc.

Ok, got my copy of Space Hulk....still assembling the little bastards, but I had a rules question.

I thought a thread down here in the OTHERS area would be a good idea, hopefully it gets noticed.

My question is this....Can a terminator use a weapon at close range?

For instance, if it\'s the Terminators turn, and there is a genestealer in the square right in front of him, can he shoot, or does he have to do \'close combat\'?

from what i gather it depends on if you spent the extra action point on being on guard or something like that. its just the gun is at point blank... thats about it.

So there is no \'minimal\' range to the weaponry?

Rebounding on uberdark\'s comment, if you\'re on overwatch, you\'ll be able to shoot, but you might also jam your gun.

Other posters have mentioned \'guard\' and \'overwatch\' but as your question was specifically about firing in your own turn - the mechanics of overwatch are irrelevant here. (So too is the 3rd edition \'guard\' feature, as that specifically pertains to enhanced close combat actions).

In 1st and 2nd edition Space Hulk you most assuredly can shoot a Genestealer when it\'s your turn, regardless of whether or not it\'s in an adjacent square - LOS being the final deciding arbiter in that instance.

(i.e. If the Genestealer is adjacent but behind you, or otherwise outside of your fire arc, then you cannot shoot him).

In short, there\'s no minimum range for weapons fire in previous editions Space Hulk - and I see no overwhelming reason for GW to change that in 3rd. (I can\'t be 100% certain of 3rd edition because I haven\'t played it yet).

Woe betide the Genestealer who runs out of action points right in front of you!

++Emperor be praised! - Good Hunting++

++End Transmission++

Cheers all!

Thanks Warpaint!

In the rules, it also states something about overlapping Overwatch.

It says that if a genestealer comes into the line of site of two Marines that are both on Overwatch, they both must fire, even if the Genestealer is killed by the first.

What difference does that make???

Isn\'t the Overwatch fire a FREE move? It doesn\'t cost any Command or Action points, so why does it matter?

Or am I reading this wrong?

you CAN kill yourself with the flamer tho.......

Isn\'t the Overwatch fire a FREE move? It doesn\'t cost any Command or Action points, so why does it matter?
    Long time since I\'ve played it, but I think, the bolter can still jam on overwatch - which causes action points (or is it turns) to remove(?)

Ah...thats it!

The potential for the Jam or worse...

Thanks again guys!

I\'m still waiting for my copy to arrive out here :( it takes a while for the post to get to us:(

However if I remember correctly to put a marine on overwatch it costs you a command point, if two marines can see the stealer coming they both shoot and the dice roles are simultanious therefore you need to know which dice is which marine for jamming purposes.

Yep, I think that is it for sure!

I\'ve had about three games now,

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Another question...

The Flame counter affects anything in that room section (meaning the actual game tile)...So, can a marine fire the Flamer in the same section he is in? (risking his life?)

I have downloaded the \"Space Hulk Bible\" pretty much all the rules from the earlier incarnations and rules for other races that could be adapted pretty easy too I think...If anyy of you wants it I will send it on..its an 8.3MB pdf

Tercha: A question is this an offical GW download or is it an unauthorised compilation?

Eitherway please ensure that you are not breaching any copyright agreements before offering items.

Originally posted by supervike
    Yep, I think that is it for sure!

I\'ve had about three games now,

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Another question...

The Flame counter affects anything in that room section (meaning the actual game tile)...So, can a marine fire the Flamer in the same section he is in? (risking his life?)
    As far as I\'m aware your marine can \'take on for the team\' as it where, and target a section that he is in. Probs not a good idea if you still need him to cleanse a room later though,lol

Blog Entries

I guess it would also matter for tracking ammo consumption on an assault cannon. Overwatch for him is kind of a risky thing :P

Anyway I\'m pretty sure I read somewhere that you can still fire at point blank range. It\'s definitely safer!

Haven't played the new version (stupid recession, stupid marraige break up, stupid not having any money!!!)

BUT in the first edition rules a flamer could actually self destruct as an action if he had flames left, so flaming his own section seems fair enough to me.

This conversation makes me want to buy Space Hulk....

Nowt worse than a jammed SB

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    This conversation makes me want to buy Space Hulk....

Nowt worse than a jammed SB
    Spacehulk is my all time favourite game ever. I do still have two sets of 1st edition but man I would love those new figures.

BUT if I hear any of you pansies complain about how hard it is for the marines to win I will bitch slap you!!!

A favorite tactic I and others used was to leave no door standing. Blast them to bits so that you have clear LOS up and down corridors so those nasty stealers can't sneak up on you and jump out when you open the door.

As to the question of fire/close combat...it used to be that you could choose either and you probably still can, but as then it is still far better to shoot the buggers than try and take them on in hand to hand combat
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.