Getting to know you part 2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you part 2

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default Getting to know you part 2

Like I said in the PYP thread, we have a TON of new people so I\'m asking all those getting to know you questions.

This one? What do you do for a living?

I\'m a phone monkey. I work in a call center for a huge hotel company. I take assist calls (help bone-head agents who couldn\'t find their....never mind), do @ home tech support, and mostly take all the complaint calls that come in. Basically I\'m a catch-all for all the crap no one else wants to do. It\'s cool. I make more than my boss if I do overtime.

What do you do?

I did this question not long ago with a dream job question;)http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=33889
    but for what its worth I am a night shift Supervisor for a distribution company

I\'m an independent contractor, doing work on IT security and the occasional IT compliance (ISO27002, PCI-DSS, etc.).

I will happily do international contracts, so if anyone of you knows of any work to be had in the IT security field, let me know :).

i work with tooth implants, as laboratory-assistant at research departement. not so thrilling as it sounds, i might add, but at least there\'s a lot of \"cool\" chemicals over here haha ;)

And I\'m one of those Part-time-student, part-time-unemployed people. Used to work as an aluminum welder at an advertising company, building signs and other fun stuff. Had to go due to this global recess.

Same as above...

I\'m at college at the moment. I paint commissions occationally (well a few at the moment, how rare :D)

I just applied for a job at the \"Harvester\" carvery... hopefully I will get the job.. (I know one guy who works on the bar and the head chef)

I\'m a university lecturer in coastal physical processes (although I do quite a bit of ecology in my research). I basically make mud pies and play with them... lol

@Trevor: I want your job! lol

I,m a ballistic missile and bomb technician. I get to drive and shoot tanks, blow up things and shoot VERY big guns. And then collate all the data required.

:D

My best friend is a \"Nuclear Submarine Technician\"

Thats a pretty cool title imo...

Butcher, Husband, and father of two.

i teach art to 1st through 8th grades in indiana.

the 1st graders always color such lovely pictures. *yeah right* and the 8th graders are so cordial and respectful.

remind me again why i do this?

oh yeah the 2 months off during the summer when i laugh at scott for working year round. ;)

By day I study IT, but by night I am THE PEC. So I am a teacher (private educational contractor and no, I did not make this up) who sounds like a super hero. I\'m just that awesome.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:cool: gun runner

I\'m the utility worker in a furniture store.
    Shipping/receiving, displays, deliveries, refinishing, sales, chauffeur, and anything
    else they need me to do.

My official title is \'Multi-purpose Power Tool\'.

But now I want Atacam\'s job.

i am a diagnostic radiographer. been doing it for 6yrs or so. mostly mri scans and interventional stuff (esp cardiac) but also work a lot of on call in a+e

Originally posted by alextheartist
    My best friend is a \"Nuclear Submarine Technician\"

Thats a pretty cool title imo...
    Not really just remind him he is a sun dodger and only two things travel in tubes...Submariners and shite. :)

I\'m a fraud analyst for a bank but i often end up sorting out the mistakes others have made in other areas.

Originally posted by Naukhel
    I\'m the utility worker in a furniture store.
    Shipping/receiving, displays, deliveries, refinishing, sales, chauffeur, and anything
    else they need me to do.

My official title is \'Multi-purpose Power Tool\'.

But now I want Atacam\'s job.
    No no! I saw it first! :]

I already answered this in the dream job thread too, but I\'m an Associate Editor for a chemistry journal. Although today I felt more like a secretary. I have decided that no one is allowed to go on holiday any more if it means that I have to do their (very boring) work! :cussing: That, or our authors need to slow the &*^( down, plz. ^^; Nah, it keeps me out of trouble and I get to be nitpicky over peoples\' spelling and grammar, so it\'s good really! lol