Getting to know you part 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you part 2

I just left my work at a deli in a supermarket (Metro, for any Canadians on the boards) and started living at residence downtown for my first year of university.

Originally posted by Farin
    @Atacam: Officially the coolest job i´ve ever heard - Might i ask what the biggest gun was you were ever allowed to fire ?
    So far only babies, 130mm field gun is the biggest I have actually fired.

Obviously not this one, but one like it. The shells aren\'t very heavy, around, 33.4 kg but after you have loaded and fired about 50+ your arms do act!

Currently an eLearning Consultant...

Graphic Artist/Webmaster (i love any job title that has the word master in it) :P for a small company, and a Freelance Graphic Artist Web Guy.. 32 yrs. old as of today, a husband and father of two boys, 4yrs. old and 6mo. old.

nice to meet you all!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by atacam
    Originally posted by Farin
    @Atacam: Officially the coolest job i´ve ever heard - Might i ask what the biggest gun was you were ever allowed to fire ?
    So far only babies, 130mm field gun is the biggest I have actually fired.

Obviously not this one, but one like it. The shells aren\'t very heavy, around, 33.4 kg but after you have loaded and fired about 50+ your arms do act!
    Well that puts you up by 55mm on me - the largest gun I\'ve fired is a 75 mm on a Sherman - although the coolest I\'ve crewed is a 12 lb Napoleon.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by SJB
    I make and sell toy soldiers.
    And you do it well

Originally posted by lizcam
    Originally posted by SJB
    I make and sell toy soldiers.
    And you do it well
    Why thank you :)

from next tuesday i become a full time student at rotherham college of art and technology studying for a national diploma in graphic design

and i cant wait :flip::bouncy::flip:

and if i have any spare time i might try and find a part time job

Originally posted by kxtrey
    Graphic Artist/Webmaster (i love any job title that has the word master in it) :P for a small company, and a Freelance Graphic Artist Web Guy.. 32 yrs. old as of today, a husband and father of two boys, 4yrs. old and 6mo. old.

nice to meet you all!
    Wait a minute..... I thouht you were a girl! :o

(Happy Birthday tho! lol)

Painter, (various subject matter & mediums, in addition to minis) & sculptor (stone). Unfortunately my technology skills/knowledge are abysmal so I\'m hoping to get a website of all the various projects at some point in the future...
    Also occasional moonlighting usher for the Philly orchestra when the shut off notices really start to pile up :(

I\'m a senior at the University of South Florida studying Environmental Policy. Which means Farin and I study pretty much the same thing. Except I want to get into state politics eventually. Not as an actual politician, but as the voice for the environment.

I also work with my mom as gardeners which during the summer months (now) is a little bit on the warm side.

yeah. basically I\'m an educated hippy without the sitting around and drug use lol

due to being hugely under age i have no job, but if i can bring my self to do a maths A level i\'ll hopefully be going into a medical career

Blog Entries

I am currently a baker, looking to change jobs though to a pastry factory - pays better and only have to work three 12 hour days which leaves LOTS of time free for improving my sculpting and painting abilities.
    If the UK had the death penalty my ideal job would be an executioner, hehehe. I\'d like to bring some justice to this country and maybe throw in a little entertainment as well - you know wear some freaky gimp masks, get in their face with some trash talk and all that kind of pro wrestling stuff.

So anyway, we have a butcher, we have a baker, so where\'s the candlestick maker?

Originally posted by dogfacedboy uk1
    So anyway, we have a butcher, we have a baker, so where\'s the candlestick maker?
    I made candlesticks for a mini once :D

I\'m a Senior Vice President for the Houston Market of JPMorgan Chase.

I have an office job that occasionally involves shifting boxes out of vans & pallets off wagons lol but mostly I\'m sat down :)

Had a nice suprise at work this morning, back after a week off, a pile of stuff that quickly revealed itself to be non-work related. A get well card that a mate\'s 4 year old daughter made for me last month that he finally remembered to deliver :) A couple of Ska CD samplers from a friend who was passing through on his way from South to North. All revival stuff but a global mix so hopefully I\'ll find a handful of interesting tracks. And from a chap who\'s parents have got him cleaning out his old bedroom (after leaving 25 years ago lol ) fully boxed GW Judge Dredd The Role-Playing Game & boxed Slaughter Margin supplement, unplayed, going by the uncut counters, pristine maps, etc. What a smashing day :D B.

I\'ve spent the last seven years teaching Art & Craft in a secure psychiatric hospital.

Some people just say \'oh, that makes sence...\'

I get to paint mini\'s with my \'patients\' which is great, especially when one is painting a commission piece :D Why do you think I\'ve had three GD pieces ready since July???:innocent::rolleyes:

@Ipaintminis: Nice to actually hear from someone outside my University who majors in more or less the same thing:beer:
    . I just have to ask: When people hear what your major is, do they give you that look that basically says: \"Oh god that poor kid will never find a job with that diploma \" . because that happens to me ALOT.

@Steelcult: Comparing Calibers, well of whatdoes that remind me lol

I want to go into premed. Now I wrestle and play tennis, been painting for about 2.5 years.

And all of a sudden I have a job doing misc work on a saturday for a lighting/pa company/flight case company :D

Awsome... a job at last...