Grumlok @ Gazbag Age of reckoning limited edition warboss

Thread: Grumlok @ Gazbag Age of reckoning limited edition warboss

Default Grumlok @ Gazbag Age of reckoning limited edition warboss

THis is rather tortured miniature that I absolutely could not finish. In an on-and-off state it spend more then a year. Finally I figured that I might use id for GD Chicago and finished it. Chicago never worked out so there.
    I also have standing problem of taking pictures of metallic miniatures so the quality is so-so. Comments and critiques are always appreciated.

Voting link

Oooh just gotta love them Orks and I really do love this one :D This model seems huge - what scale is he?! Maybe your pictures are just nice and close up ;)

I like the earthy tones you have used and the weathering on the metals is cool. Nice job and one you must be proud of, despite it being an obvious struggle to finish :D

I really dig the look of this.

Earthy is a good way to describe it.

It has the \'feel\' of an oil painting.

Nicely done!

Originally posted by tooshy
    Oooh just gotta love them Orks and I really do love this one :D This model seems huge - what scale is he?! Maybe your pictures are just nice and close up ;)
    :) IT is 28 mm but orky style. In other words it is indeed a LARGE 28 mm model. The snotling at his side should give you the sense of scale. It is \"regular\" snotling. Yes, this is probably a bit too close up pictures.
    I could never get a proper sense of how \"close\" I should take these pictures.

just wondering what are your problems with photographing metals? i usually do fine myself. i might be able to help.

as for the miniature i feel it has areas that pop and are amazing. the torch on the ground for instance, the grot with arms crossed. the face seems a bit one toned for greens. i think that could be pushed more, but after a year of painting one mini on and off i wouldnt want to change anything either. keep it up. :D

I\'m a fan of your work. Like the purpley tones in the cloak a lot.

Originally posted by uberdark
    just wondering what are your problems with photographing metals? i usually do fine myself. i might be able to help.
    Well. Metal seriously reflects, even my metal with all these layers of washes over it still does. So, when I try to minimize reflection the rest of the mini becomes way to dark, if I set my camera to pick up non=metalic parts well, metal glares with this white \"spilling\" all over the place. It is always a balancing act. As a result bot metallic parts and non-metallic parts loose

i dig it! love the colors and especially the skintone is great. the current rating (7.7) is a shame, but much of that could be blamed on the pictures which i believe are a bit to closeup and as mentioned a black bg would probably help too.