brake fluid not working!

Thread: brake fluid not working!

Default brake fluid not working!

any one have any ideas for safetly stripping plastic minis? ive used breakfluid on several ocasions and usualy the paint jsut falls off but for some reason this time around the paint just dont wanna come off! any ideas?

Might try gently brushing the paint with a stiff brush to scratch it a bit to get past whatever sealant is keeping it from working.

Or, try some Simple Green. Using an alternate fluid might help.

I hate it when something you\'ve used successfully for stripping suddenly doesn\'t work! Did you do anything different paint-wise this time that you can recall?

Einion

dettol is by far the best thing i have found for stripping minis

I usually use concentrated simple green, diluted very little if at all. The last time I used it was to strip a Necron destroyer, and after three hours in the mix (prolly a 3:1 simple:water ratio) it came out pretty paint free. I didn\'t even have to scrub it, it all just sort of floated off.
    It hasn\'t deformed my plastics yet, but I never leave it in for too long either. Maybe five hours, tops. It\'s all you need really.

The only thing I find that it wont get off is a certain type of krylon that bonds to plastic. It takes off most of it, but the mini still looks pretty black. And also, I did leave a metal guy in over night once, to find that some areas got sort of discolored. It didn\'t effect its ability to hold new paint though.

No, I\'ve tried the Dettol solution - not impressed. Soaked my figs in pure Dettol for a week. On the broader areas, some paint peeled off. On the narrower areas, nothing happened.

Waste of time.

Somebody recommended a specialized cleaner from the US - Chameleon paint strippers. I e-mailed them sometime ago, but nobody\'s bothered replying, so I\'m not sure if they\'re still in business at all.

Originally posted by gohkm
    Somebody recommended a specialized cleaner from the US - Chameleon paint strippers. I e-mailed them sometime ago, but nobody\'s bothered replying, so I\'m not sure if they\'re still in business at all.
    See if you can get hold of Castrol Super Clean then, works ace apparently (even with enamels) and doesn\'t seem to harm plastics.

Einion