Now that UK GD is over.......... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that UK GD is over..........

Originally posted by aapjeBOB0
    that 120mm necromancer is awesome! where can i get one?:D
    you can\'t, yet... these are pre production models sold by the man himself (and what a lovely fella he is too!!! :D ). but pre-production suggests there will be a production run, so fingers crossed!!

Originally posted by Donga

The other thing I will take from this GD, if I go again I AM NOT DOING ANY MORE F@*£ING DIORAMAS!!!!!

(sorry, rant over...)
    you could have taken some of those plinths, only £2!!!

I started a ork paratrooper early this year ,but was\'nt sure weither to make a bust or full figure,not sure how to get a pic on this reply either,any help or tips would be great thanks lean

No rest for the wicked, so I\'ve already started a MASSIVE project for Salute, involving sculpting about 40 minis from scratch, also have some style and colour studies of various painters who\'se work I admire to try to round my technical skills, and plenty of ideas for other Salute and Rotten Harvest entries, as well as commisions, so inspired after GD, hope it never ends, love it! :D

Squig

While I had nothign to do with GD, I am going to swear off doing commissions for a while and get back to improving my skills and just simply painting stuff for me. Well, me and eBay probably.

Grats on the win Squig Hunter, very nice piece. Makes me sick that it\'s a youngblood piece. I think I just finished using some GW ink that is older than you. Old round bottle black ink, that I bought when I was 14. Well done!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I just have to dig out my mini stuff and figure out where I\'m going to paint. I got a copy of the Kingdom Death White seer that I\'m dying to get stuck into but I have a ton of things in WIP stage I SHOULD get done first. I need to take stock I think before I make any plans.

Originally posted by lizcam
    I got a copy of the Kingdom Death White seer that I\'m dying to get stuck into...
    I got one too, but I don\'t think mine\'s arrived yet. :(

but I have a ton of things in WIP stage I SHOULD get done first. I need to take stock I think before I make any plans.
    Same! lol

A few things in the wings: first up a Llama diorama (go on say it out loud!) as a wedding gift for a friend. Need to get that done for the end of Oct.
    Then I\'ve been asked to paint Gambit by Knight Models for a friend - but he hasn\'t bought the model yet so need to nudge him.
    Then I\'ve got a Pumpkinhead by Sean Green ready for the winter/spring months - will probably take this to Salute.
    Also bought a traditional Santa from Foundry and thinking about putting him in a snow globe I saw in Hobbycraft as a Xmas gift for someone.
    So, more than enough to keep me busy.

Oh and the Sheffield Irregulars monthly challenges...

Originally posted by Ritual
    Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Unfortunately I\'m currently distracted by the huge pile of new technology I\'ve acquired recently :D
    Camera stuff?
    EOS 1Ds, 17-40mm, 12-24mm, 24\" iMac and a Pixma Pro 9000 printer. Good times!

The joys of no longer having a mortgage :flip:

I should really finish these kits as they\'re supposed to be for the boy\'s room. My unfinished mini collection is getting stripped over Christmas and slapped on Ebay. I may well stick all my unpainted stuff on as well. In fact I\'ve got an almost fully painted Khador army sat in a box doing nothing.

Wonder if it\'ll pay for another lens.... :D

Originally posted by Spacemunkie

EOS 1Ds, 17-40mm, 12-24mm, 24\" iMac and a Pixma Pro 9000 printer. Good times!

The joys of no longer having a mortgage :flip:

Wonder if it\'ll pay for another lens.... :D
    nice ..... jealous I is

so is that your first full frame DSLR? was waiting to see what the 5D MK2 might be like, but with the 7D released, I\'m waiting to see if they put that technology in a FF

Dioramas, Ive so many good ideas for them from small to large pieces..I hope to explore the art of telling stories through miniatures more the next year.

For some reason I was really taken by the idea of painting a squad from new Space Hulk. Probably because I have never painted space marines before.

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    Dioramas, Ive so many good ideas for them from small to large pieces..I hope to explore the art of telling stories through miniatures more the next year.
    Quite the opposite for me ;) Sculpting large scale stuff is getting me excited at the mo\'.

I have a to many minis laying around that needs paint! But first I\'m going to convert Commander Culln into a Black Templar High Marshall :D

I just have to dig out my mini stuff and figure out where I\'m going to paint. I got a copy of the Kingdom Death White seer that I\'m dying to get stuck into but I have a ton of things in WIP stage I SHOULD get done first. I need to take stock I think before I make any plans.
    I could easily think of two things I\'d love to see you paint first.. :P

Squig

Originally posted by Orb
    nice ..... jealous I is

so is that your first full frame DSLR? was waiting to see what the 5D MK2 might be like, but with the 7D released, I\'m waiting to see if they put that technology in a FF
    Yep, first full frame. To be honest it doesn\'t make a great deal of difference to pics unless you shoot lots of wide angle (I do) or narrow depth of field stuff. Just costs more \'cos you need better lenses!

Old man has just bought a 5d2 and loves it. I\'m gonna swap my 40D for a 7D in a few weeks I think. Crop and full frame - best of both worlds! :D